A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Francisco Cigarroa:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Francisco Cigarroa, MD is board certified in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cigarroa graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas.
Dr. Cigarroa has 8 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Children's Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cigarroa accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 8 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 4 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans