Dr. Francisco Civantos MD Patient Reviews

• Head and Neck Surgery Miami, FL

October 27th, 2016
So GRATEFUL
Dr. Frank Civantos operated on my son (age 21) last week for a parathyroid tumor. My son is not an easy patient, he has a very rare genetic disorder which caused substantial intellectual disabilities. Dr. Civantos was very patient and did everything in his power to try to put my son at ease during the consultation visit. Dr. Civantos explained the procedure my son would be having in detail and answered all our questions. We could not be more pleased with the level of care my son received. We were lucky to have a doctor of his caliber right here in our home town, we were willing to go anywhere in the United Stated but thankfully there was no need. The operation was a success with ZERO complications. All the research my husband and I did, we knew there was a high incidence of complications if not done by an experienced and skillful surgeon. We are incredibly grateful to Dr. Civantos, his office staff and hospital experience.

April 30th, 2016

April 18th, 2016
great doctor and surgeon.

April 10th, 2015
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! On my initial appointment Dr. Civantos, met with me and my wife between his scheduled sugeries. He took his time, was very thorough with everything. He answered every question and was straightforward and honest. Pre and post op, he was very caring. I could not imagine going through this experience without Dr. Civantos on my side.

February 24th, 2015
needed a second opinion
This was the second opinion for my treatment, and I felt very insecure after leaving the office. Did not give me confidence moving forward and went with other physician.

February 13th, 2015
worst medical experience i've had
Questionable judgement, before and after treatment, unprofessional, worst medical experience in my life. The only nice thing about the experience is the facility he is in. Other than that, him, along with his staff were an insult to the medical profession.

July 28th, 2014
Great doctor, wait a problem
Dr. Civantos is a great doctor with exceptional skills, he is personable, seems really interested in his patients, he is accessible in an emergency and I suspect he has saved many lives. He is in such demand that his appointments seemed to exceed the amount of time he has in a day. I have waited over two hours after the appointment time a couple of times. I just wish doctors would let patients know they are running that late and give them an opportunity to go somewhere for coffee, or offer to rebook.

January 11th, 2014
Compassionate cancer Care
Dr Civantos is a skilled and caring physician. He saved my mother's life.

August 14th, 2013
Best Doctor Ever
I have never been treated so well at any medical clinic or hospital setting. Dr. Civantos is a premier surgeon. He expertly diagnosed my serious problems and performed a double surgery on me that turned out fantastic. I will never be more grateful than to have been lucky enough to fit into Dr. Civantos surgery rotation. Dr. Civantos removed what was left of my thyroid from a prior partial thyroidectomy with lots of scar tissue and vocal cord complications including simultaneously removing one of my parathyroid glands that was causing hypoparathyroidism. I had not had a dream that I could remember for over 30 years and I do not know why, but I can remember my dreams again like I am a kid all over again. Phenomenal doctor that I can never thank enough! Thank you Dr. Civantos and God Bless You!!!

November 27th, 2012
Outstanding Physician
While getting an appointment and negotiating waiting time may sometimes be a problem, take into account that I was trying to see a surgeon who had been emphatically recommended by three other doctors. His reputation is deserved. I had done my homework, bringing complete records from previous physicians. I am at present 3 1/2 years post surgery and am still cancer free. My problem seemed simple at first, but two previous surgeries failed to solve it. Civantos met with me about eight times altogether. I consider him thorough, polite, very organized, and responsive to everything I needed to say or ask. I could not have been in better hands.

May 12th, 2009
2 hour wait
I was kept waiting 2 hours for my appointment. He spent 15 minutes with me and had to repeat a test because he didn't take pictures of my vocal cords and then he gave me conflicting information regarding my medical condition. Found his nurse to be rather rude.