Dr. Francisco Lopez-Arostegui Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Francisco Lopez-Arostegui?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Francisco Lopez-Arostegui?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 29th, 2013

The receptionist, Tanya, made an error with regard to my mother's appointment. She wrote one date on the card and another in the appointment book. When calling to see if she could fit us in anyway, she proceeded to speak to me in a very rude and unprofessional manner stating that she didn't care how long I had to drive to get my mother to the appointment and refused to accept responsibility for her error. She then threatened my mother on the phone that she would have Dr. Lopez write a letter stating that he would no longer be her doctor if she had to talk to me anymore. When we finally arrived for the 3pm appointment (a few minutes early to ensure they could accommodate my mother), I showed the receptionist a photo of the card since we were already so near the office when we originally made the call and didn't have the actual card on us. After seeing that she did in fact mess up, I told her she owed my mother an apology for her error and her rude behavior. She proceeded to scream at me, at the top of her lungs, while wagging her finger in my face that she "did not owe my mother anything". She also threatened to call the police if I insisted on going into the appointment with my mother. While I realize that it is not the doctor's responsibility nor his office staff's burden to bear, my mother does not have reliable transportation and I am normally her ride to get to the doctor. I would hope that my mother's physician and his staff would understand that they are service providers and as such, when a patient makes considerable effort to utilize them, they would be understanding when errors are made and things don't always go according to plan. Because we were already there, my mother went ahead with her appointment (which did not happen until after 4). I was not allowed to go back with her because the receptionist proceeded to bad mouth me to whomever she was speaking to on the phone regarding my ability to go in back with my mother to be my mother's patient advocate. Dr. Lopez has a thick accent (I am also Hispanic) and my mother has a difficult time understanding him. I cannot speak to Dr. Lopez's care of his patients but can only report on the decorum of his office staff. The receptionist, Tanya, would like to paint me in a poor light, however she was the one who made the error and she was the one acting like a small child with her behavior when her error was brought to light. As the saying goes, a fish rots from the head down. Not once while this woman was yelling at me, with other patients in the lobby, did anyone from the back of the office come and see what the problem was. I would like to think that a doctor would not allow his staff to speak to anyone in his office in that manner, but seeing as how no one came out front to stop her berating behavior, I have to only assume that this behavior is not only allowed, but condoned, by the person's whose name in on the office. If you or your family enjoy being intimated by office personnel when questioned about errors by the staff and waiting a long time for your appointment, then by all means, please utilize this physician. I, however, will be encouraging my mother to find another doctor.

October 24th, 2010

One of the Most Caring Doctors I've Ever Met

I highly disagree with the previous person's comments about Dr. Lopez. He has taken care of me for over 30 years and I have never had a more caring doctor than him. He spends as much time with you as you need and makes sure that all your questions are answered. Yes, the wait time can be lengthy, but considering the time he spends with each patient and the quality of care and concern that you get, the wait is well worth it. If he doesn't have an answer for you, by golly, he will send you to someone who he feels can. I love this about a doctor...the fact that they know they aren't perfect and are willing to seek help from other doctors to come to an accurate diagnosis. He is truly, the only doctor that I trust with my life and I am blessed to have him. I wouldn't be here today without his wisdom and faith.

September 12th, 2010

The Ethics and Morals Of Medicine

As Patients we all look and hope that our physician will be there when in need . It is when you may call and they do not respond or " Abandon " you treatment or care completely . This is not only a Ethic problem but a moral on at that . For Patients and Families who need to turn to a Doctor when it is most needed This Doctor is not the one . He made a choice not long ago to not be there for someone and they are no longer here with us due to that . A life is worth more then that at least to our family who is now dealing with a broken heart . Maybe this is why he is in Cardiology .

March 30th, 2017