Dec 19th, 2014

Dr Mateo is the reason my husband is still alive today !

Poor diagnostic physician show details Poor diagnostic physician
Apr 19th, 2011

Under no circumstances would I recommend Dr. Mateo as a pulmonologist. My father went to Dr Mateo who ordered a chest xray, one of the first diagnostic test done when seeing a pulmonologist. The radiologist who read the films highly suggested a lung biopsy to rule out cancer. Because Dr. Mateo over looked this recommendation my father suffered for 8 months before a biopsy was done. He passed soon after - no pain maintenance, no medical trials, no oncologist. What kind of pulmonologist misses lung cancer??

Excellent Pulmonologist show details Excellent Pulmonologist
Nov 6th, 2010

Dr. Mateo is one of the best pulmonologists I have encountered. Working as a nurse in a Pennsylvania hospital, I am witness to his professionalism, caring and team patient approach. I have witnessed many lives saved due to his urgent and thorough diagnostics. He is excellent! I would only choose him for treatment of my family members.

Jul 26th, 2010

Dr Mateo saw my father who suffered from shortness of breath. Following CXR the radiologist suggested a lung biospy to r/o cancer. 6 months later Dr Mateo was still trying to find out the cause of his symptoms. Because of this physicians my father spent the last months of his life misdiagnosed and treated. I will never forgive or recommend this Salem Oh pulmonologist to anyone.

Aug 12th, 2009

Dr Mateo is a horrific diagnostic pulmonologist

Great show details Great
Oct 21st, 2008

He is one of those doctors that knows what he is talking about and if he doesn't know, he will find it out