Overall Review

August 21st, 2015
I always see the nurse practitioner. She and the rest of the staff are great. My only criticism is that occasionally it would be comforting to see Dr. Ruiz on a visit.

July 30th, 2015
Not sure if you have a problem or not
This doc does not adequately tell you what your condition is or what might be causing the problem. and for the follow up I did not even get to see the doctor. Still have my stomach problem with no resolve.

December 2nd, 2013
A Doctor with a personality and Good
Dr Ruiz is one of the few doctors I have seen that actually takes the time to talk to you face to face. Actually looks directly at you , not staring at your charts and giving you half his attention. That alone helps relieve the usual stress of having to see a Doc in the first place.. As far as his Team of folks that works with him, his PA is equally as nice a guy and certainly seemed more than qualified in what he does. The ladies in the front office were all very nice and personable, they answered every question I had. I have a procedure being done and I had to call back with a few questions and was greeted by a very friendly voice on the phone and got all my questions answered. I would at this point definitely recommend Dr. Ruiz and his team without question.

August 14th, 2013
Good Dr.
I went to Dr. Ruiz a year ago for a colonoscopy. I felt he did a very thorough job. He also recommended a one year follow up due to the results and family history. He didn't overlook anything and I found him to be kind and a good communicator. My significant other went to Dr. Ruiz and he found a problem which led to her having surgery. He probably saved her life if he hadn't caught the problem. I don't care if his staff is friendly or whatever, I'm more concerned with the expertise of the Dr.

March 11th, 2013
I do not recommend this Dr. at all, he may be very nice but never does any back up, after 4 months of calling them weekly and being told he hadn't had time too look at my results, I finally went to a different Dr. and it took them a month and 4 attempts to get Dr. Ruiz to fax them my records. I imagine this is the fault of his staff not his personally but he really needs to be made aware of these problems if he's not already.

February 17th, 2013
Call Backs
Please keep in mind that Dr. Ruiz does only have one Medical Assistant. She is doing an excellent job and she is trying her best. Yes it is hard to call 100's of patients back by the end of the day. She tries her best to order everyones tests, prescriptions and fill out paperwork for them in a timely fashion. There isn't enough time in a day to get to everything. For those patients who do not get a call back immediately, the Doctor must sign off on the results before she is allowed to call you back with the results. For patients who have normal tests, the office does states that no news is good news. As for scheduling appointments, yes there is a wait to be added to the schedule. For patients who complain about the wait time, well ask yourself if you were one of those patients who were in pain and had to see the doctor immediately? Yes there are many sick patients out there besides just you. The office can only put but so many patients on the schedule in one day. Also the doctor does like to take his time with each patient because he has great bedside manners. So those who complain about the wait time, just be patient your turn will come. If you want a fast doctor who doesn't even look at you and doesn't bother looking at the chart to know your name, then please go somewhere else. Thank you and God Bless.

February 12th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. Ruiz for a couple of years now. He is warm, friendly, knowledgeable and puts his patients as ease which is something very important to me. He makes you feel like he will heal you and he does.

February 8th, 2013
We will call you tomorrow.
I had to wait 2 weeks to get back test results. I called just about everyday and was told we will call you back. Now it's been 3 weeks and I'm still hurting and waiting for them to callback with what we do next. Don't go to this guy.

November 13th, 2012
Don't go here if you want folloe up, it won't happen
Don't go here if you want folloe up, it wont happen, I've been waiting 3 weeks in pain for him to read the results of my ultrasounds,I have called 3 times and get a different excuse every time.

August 11th, 2012

July 28th, 2012
Best Doctor to go to!
Although sometimes it takes a while to get in to see him, I do appreciate the great office staff and his professionalism.

June 29th, 2012
Terrible Staff/Lousy Patient Care
Staff completely ignored repeated attempts to have prescriptions refilled. Follow-up visit to doctor consisted of a 45 minute wait and a 5 minute consult. I should have gone elsewhere.