Dr. Frank Bauer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9
  • 10 reviews

June 27th, 2016
I had 4x CABG in 2012, back to work in 6 weeks, doing great 4 yrs out. Smooth recovery, stronger than ever. This guy is a great heart surgeon.

June 3rd, 2016
Excellent surgeon, marginal nursing care
He did a great job on my mother but the nursing staff at St. Vincent's dropped the ball so many times it resulted in her death. I can't trust a place that won't allow a single family member present when the doctor makes rounds. I am a registered nurse and it hurts me to say that the nurses were bad with her case.

March 4th, 2015
Lifesaver. Literally.
Dr. Bauer and his team saved my dad's life after a severe heart attack. We were referred to him by another hospital in Arkansas due to the complexity of my dad's heart issues. He performed a bypass, aneurism repair, valve repair, and ASD repair in a single operation at St. Vincent. We were told the operation could take 4-5 hours, and his nurse gave those of us in the waiting room updates every 30 minutes on how it was going. It ended up only taking less than two hours. He was very thorough in explain the pros and cons of all procedures. I would wholeheartedly recommend him and can't speak highly enough of him and his excellent team.

February 20th, 2015
Dr. Michael Bauer is an excellent surgeon. He did my heart surgery nearly two years ago. I feel much better, stronger, more energetic. If it weren't for his excellent medical care, I'd probably not be here today.

February 4th, 2014
Excellent surgeon, wonderful person, excellent staff. Could not have had a better experience. I highly recommend this doctor. If I ever need open chest surgery again I will use Dr. Bauer again, and I would not hesitate to trust him to operate on any of my family.

January 24th, 2014
Great surgeon
Dr. Bauer is an excellent surgeon--very knowledgeable and he has a great bedside manner. I would recommend him over & over again to anyone. You may have a longer wait during appointments, but that is to be expected, as emergencies can arise that the doctors or nurses have to attend to. To me, wait time isn't the most important factor when choosing a doctor. In addition, every nurse, doctor, tech, etc. that we asked about him of spoke very highly of what a great surgeon he is--this says a lot, that others in the healthcare field think so highly of him. He also gives you plenty of time to ask questions and discuss your surgery--his staff is also great about returning phone calls and answering questions.

November 9th, 2013
A Great Doctor & Surgeon
Most memorable for me was his bedside manner which was quiet and calming. He reassured me when I was frightened and at my most vulnerable, having had a heart attack and suffering severe damage. He comforted me in letting me know that I would make it through the surgery. I didn't like the long wait times in his office, although I understand and sometimes he wouldn't be there at my appointment time but once again I can't really say anything bad about him. I would definitely tell any of my friends, should they ever need any kind of heart surgery to go to Dr. Frank Michael Bauer; he's kind, considerate and obviously cares a great deal for his patients. He's soft-spoken and makes the patient feel at ease. He checked on me every day while I was in the hospital (from the day of surgery to discharge - 8 days).

August 21st, 2012
Excellent
He was quick to diagnose and treat me. Had no surgical complication or post-op. Very professional, provides quality care, he is concerned about his patients.

July 21st, 2012
Mitral Valve Repair
I live in southern AR and my Cardiologist (Dr. Sharma) wanted me to go to the Cleveland Clinic to see Dr. Bruce Lytle and have my surgery because he spent some years there. Dr Lytle is the BEST in the US and the Cleveland Institute it's the BEST heart hospital in the country but I just didn't want to go that far. So he sent me to Michael (Dr. Bauer) because he is one of the BEST in AR. I did my research on him before I went for my consultation so I knew the man and his credentials before hand. I have nothing but HIGH praise for Dr. Bauer in ALL aspects of my care. Other then a GREAT surgeon for me is a good sense of humor and he has one. I have NO regrets for not going to see this man. Do not hesitate to have him fix you!!!!

January 24th, 2012