Overall Review

February 2nd, 2016
Exemplary Pediatrician
Dr. Baum has been my children's physician from day one. I first found him when my son was 18 months, looking for a second opinion. I have a daughter whom is still under his care. Unlike many physicians he goes above and beyond the boundaries, meaning he follows up when not required remembering my child with sincere concern and spot on diagnosis. It was devastating when my first child had to go to an adult physician, as his care is for the individual child and it's a long lasting professional relationship. They don't want to leave themselves, metaphorically a graduation, if you will. I have one child from birth to present, and his bedside manner, honesty and involving my child in her own growth and self care is magnificent. I will say this, his life is dedicated to his practice. You can truly see the passion in both Dr. Baum and his staff for every child/patient that walks through their door!

February 25th, 2015
Best on Maui - cared for my son

June 6th, 2014
Dr. Baum is a great doctor but his receptionist always has a really bad attitude that makes the doctors visits not so friendly.

April 3rd, 2014
The Right Choice
Dr. Baum has been a great asset to my family and helped me raise healthy children. He has always responded with solutions, followed up, and remembered us outside of the office. I have only but good words to express about him. His staff has changed over the years, but not much. I have one child left under his direct care, and I'm not quite looking forward to finding a new one as she reaches the age limit. He's a great doctor, and most of all my kids like him.

March 7th, 2013
Excellent Doc
My child is autistic and non Verbal. Dr. Baum and his staff are always kind, courteous and professional. My on actually like to go to the doctors office and the doc is always on with diagnosis and follow up. I highly recommend him.

August 13th, 2012
this doctor is does not speak the truth!!!!

August 18th, 2011
Dr. Baum has been my daughter's pediatrician from the day she was born. He is obviously one of the best, if the not the best, pediatrician on Maui which is why he is extremely busy and can be a bit selective on taking unscheduled appointments. I love his professionalism, history we have with him, and most importantly how he interacts with my daughter.

August 10th, 2010
Too bad i couldn't rate him higher
Dr. Baum is a wonderful person who is great with children. The only problem is an attitude that you will not be given an appointment unless he/his staff thinks you should have one. On two occasions I was told that they would not give my child an appointment - to call back in 3 days if there was no improvement and if it got worse before then to go to the emergency room. While neither time was an emergency, the attitide that he could assess a situation over the phone and make that decision was not acceptable to me. Other than a yearly check up I rarely made an appointment (so no I am not a hysterical parent). Dr. Baum is a wonderful docotr with apparently way too many patients for a sole practioner.

July 30th, 2008
Excellent Pediatric Care
Dr. Baum is one of the best doctors I've seen in a long time. Very caring very gentle with the kids.