Dr. Frank Candela, FACS
Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Excellent and Professional all around  |  show details
by Jonathan H. on Jun 12th, 2014

Got an appointment fairly quickly. Manageable wait time. Courteous and professional and friendly staff. Doctor was kind and knowledgeable. Explained the risks and his experience. Outlined the options. Took me for surgery quickly. Small scars which were manageable. Good surgery center which was responsive and clean. Good post op communication and follow up. Highly Recommend.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
by MK 1949 on May 29th, 2014

Commitment: Came off bench at 9:30 pm for emergency surgery. Committed? Absolutely! Competence? Did laprascopic procedure on acute appendicitis. Competent? You Bet! Bedside manner: treated me like personal friend I am honored to have Dr Candela for my surgeon!!!!!!!!

|  Love this Doctor!  |  show details
by Cindy Goldenberg on Apr 28th, 2014

Dr Candela is an exceptional doctor. He is attentive, compassionate and solution oriented. I was not a typical patient. My appendix had burst and I had an infection. He catered to my health needs for weeks. My appendectomy went smoothly, with no pain. He also made sure all my needs were met during my hospital stay. I highly recommend him for any surgery and only wish that he was my regular doctor. He's the best!

|  gallblader surgery  |  show details
by mahnaz sepehr on Mar 31st, 2014

the doctor did a fantactic job and all the staff at the office were so careing and kind and professional. i do highly recommend DR candela to anybody who needs a good doctor for gallblader removal. thank you so much DR candela.

|  Surgeon for my Lumpectomy  |  show details
by Diana Llarenas on Jan 15th, 2014

My experience at Dr. Candela's office was very professional. From the front desk to the waiting time to see him was shorter than I expected. He was very informative and understanding of my medical condition. His Surgery Coordinator (Kerilyn Hurley) explained everything to me and made my visit and experience comfortable. A huge THANK YOU to him and his professional staff. My surgery yesterday and my experience at the West Hills Hospital was smooth and very pleasant. You are all a blessing to me and my family....Diana Llarenas and family.

|  Happy with Dr Candela  |  show details
by satisfied patient on Oct 25th, 2013

Dr Candela took the time to review my symptoms with me, as well as the lab and test results before scheduling my surgery. He explained everything and answered all my questions. The surgery went well and I can hardly see the scar now! Office staff is very friendly and helpful, too.

|  My doctor is a genius  |  show details
by Alice Collier on May 5th, 2013

I have had operations in the past, but never have I had one where the recovery was so fast and so complete. My daughter and I had expected to have people who had so graciously offered to help with cooking ,lite housekeeping, bringing me my medicine, and frankly with just helping me ambulate. I did not need help....not in any of these areas and I just know that the credit belongs with Dr. Candela . The meticulous care afforded me while hospitalized could only be described as stellar. I am 76 years old and I do not arbitrarily pass out compliments. He is a genius and I love him and am eternally grateful to him. He is truly one of a kind.

|  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

Excellent, professional and kind.

|  BEWARE MY FRIENDS  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2011

BE VERY CAREFUL. ASK QUESTIONS BEOFRE YOU MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG WITH HIS THINKING AND ACTIONS.HE REFUSED TO GIVE ME A COPY OF ALL OF MY PAPERWORK-HE HAS YOU SIGN TONS OF INTEREST RATE PAPERWORK. YOU HAVE TO PAY BEFORE HE WILL SEE YOU. ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT HE OVERCHARGED YOU. AND NOW MY INSURANCE COMPANY HAS GOTTEN INVOLVED. HE OWES ME MONEY AND HAD NO RIGHT TO HAVE SEEN ME. MY ONCOLOGIST SENT HIM ALL OF THE PAPERWORK IN ADVANCE, HE NEVER LOOKED AT IT. BUT THEY DID MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. ONLY TO FIND OUT HE WAS NOT AFFILIATED WITH A HOSPITAL THAT CAN HANDLE THIS KIND OF SURGERY. I DID NOT NEED THIS KIND OF A HEADACHE WHILE GOING THROUGH SO MUCH PAIN. I HAD TO PAY A CAREGIVER TO TAKE ME ON TOP OF THIS.MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.BEWARE MY FRIENDS.

|  Someone Saved A Life Today  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2010

Thanks to the quick assessment and subsequent surgery on my husband, he lived! Dr. Candela and his partner took charge of his care so that I could concentrate on comforting my husband. In such a critical time, Dr. Candela not only showed us a light at the end of the tunnel; he took us there as well. No higher recommendation is possible.

|  Excellent Surgeon and Doctor  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2009

I was really fortunate that someone recommended him - I've been told by many other Doctor's that he's one of the best.