Dr. Frank Cirisano MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 12 reviews

May 10th, 2016
excellent attention to detail to ensure best possible option.

April 11th, 2015
The World's Best Doctor
Frank D. Cirisano, MD is the world's best doctor. He is a brilliant, caring, thoughtful gentleman who is helping female cancer patients throughout the world. He treated me with dignity and respect. He educates his patients through illustrating exactly what he is going to do, if you are a candidate for surgery. He spent a decent amount of time with me to be sure I understood exactly what he was going to do during my surgery. He is "cutting edge" regarding his surgical procedures and uses the DiVinci robot to perform hysterectomies. This amazing technology cuts down on blood loss, time in surgery, time spent in the hospital. You can resume your regular activities much more quickly that in the past. His office staff is also great. They are accommodating, courteous and sweet. It is not easy to hear that you are diagnosed with cancer but this group of wonderful people make it easier. I am so happy that I was referred to him. He is fantastic. My surgery is in one week and the speed with which he is performing this procedure eased my mind greatly. Thank you, Dr. Cirisano and your grand team.

March 20th, 2015
a wonderful Dr ! Smart kind have a lot of patience and care very much about his patients . Highly recommend him!

September 21st, 2014
Excellent
Frank Cirisano is an excellent doctor and surgeon. I was referred to him by a internist because of a "huge" pelvic mass. When I learned that Dr. Cirisano is a gynecological oncologist, I knew what that meant and naturally was afraid when I first went to his office. However when I got there and spent some time with him, I found him to have a very gentle disposition which put me somewhat at ease. Dr. Cirisano first took me into his office where he spent a lot of time asking me questions and listening to my responses which he appeared to be typing into his computer. At the end of that, he informed me that he wanted to examine me. I was taken to another room where he examined me and did his own tests which confirmed a pelvic mass that he advised needed to be removed. I was then moved to a third room which appeared to be set up as a classroom including among other things, a dry erase board. It was in that room that he spent a lot more time telling me his diagnosis, explaining the surgical procedure he recommended, explaining the risks involved, the possible outcomes and answering all of my questions. Due to the large size of the mass and the possibility that it contained cancer cells, he advised that the mass would need to be removed by way of an abdominal incision and depending on what he found once the incision was made, could possibly result in his need to do a hysyterectomy. After having read some materials and thinking I knew it all, I asked him why the procedure could not be done vaginally or by laparoscopy. He fully explained to me that because of its size and possibility of it containing cancer cells, thoses were not options. When I left his office, I had a full understanding of my diagnosis, the surgery he advised I have and the possible outcomes. All I needed to do was schedule the surgery and select the hospital where I wanted him to do it. The surgery was done at Boca Raton Regional Hospital. I remember talking to Dr. Cirisano before they took me into the operating room. He asked me questions to make sure I understood what he was about to do, which I did. After being given something in my IV to "take the edge off" the next thing I knew was when I woke up in recovery and was told that the surgery was over. My sister told me that Dr. Cirisano spoke to her and told her the mass was the size of a "volleyball" and he needed to do the hysterectomy. I was not surprised since he had previously told me about this possibility, and I was so relieved that the surgery was behind me. There were never any complications either during or after the surgery. I stopped taking pain medicine and was pain-free in less than one week from the date of the surgery. One week later, I went to the Dr's office to see Dea Rushing, Dr. Cirisano's medical assistant to follow up with me and remove some of the staples. She informed me that the final pathology report stated that "it's all benign". She was very kind, gentle and seemed as excited telling me as if she were talking about herself. I will return to see Dr. Cirisano himself in a few weeks. Meanwhile, I go back to work tomorrow and feel better than I have in bout one year. I am grateful to Dr. Cirisano for all her has done for me. I highly recommend him to any other female who needs a Dr, in which he specializes.

July 10th, 2013
have seen Dr. Cirisano since he started practice in Florida. He has performed laproscopic hysterectomy on me. He is a fabulous and well informed professional. I would not see anyone else for gynecology in Florida as I believe he is the best.

January 25th, 2013
Office poorly run
Staff (at the Delray location) is young and inexperienced. The office is disorganized and the girls up front do not seem to know what to do. They don't have the experience to be in a top notch doctor's office. Doctor seems good but rushed, and he hires staff who cannot run his office, appointments, bills, etc. which speaks poorly of the doctor.

September 4th, 2012
Don't come here
This physician is more interested in doing procedures and playing with expensive equipment than in really helping his patients.

December 25th, 2010
Top-notch
Dr. Cirisano is an excellent surgeon, cautious and skilled. He listens to his patients' concerns and is involved with all the latest research in his field. I recommend him highly.

November 11th, 2010
Good Doc, easily recommend
Dr. Cirisano has always taken the time to draw pictures and explain diagnoses with me. I am not always impressed with his staff, but I am very pleased with him. I had a "minor" problem compared to most in his office but I have always felt equally important/cared for.

September 17th, 2009
Money is his motivation..............
Excellent surgeon, needs to spend more time with his patients and less time figuring out how much to charge the patient.Very tacky to call a patient 24 hrs before surgery and demand payment up front, otherwise your surgery is rescheduled. I was told that first hand by his staff.Accepts very little insurances and be prepared to pay a mortgage for your surgery. He charges triple what any insurane company would pay him for the surgery, if he submitts your insurance for payment. They do send a paid voucher and hospital and doctor notes to your insurance, for what you paid him so you can get so money back. But, he gets his first.Post operative he tries to have you see his PA. He is the surgeon not the PA. He does not make hospital rounds after surgery, yep, to busy, so he sends in covering doctors which knows nothing about your surgery. They read your chart on the way into your hospital room.When he makes rounds he gives you five minutes so talk fast or step on his shoes to keep him in the room.You cannot just be the good surgeon, you need to be more people friendly after that and pretend you are there for the patients not the money. Also, your staff needs lessons on Public Relations, but they follow the leader and as you said to us, Dr. Cirisano you just load the truck.

January 4th, 2009
amazing doctor - surgeon
I have had several surgeries, Dr. Cirisano was the best surgeon, amazing, he has the softest hands! very gentle doctor - we took great care of me..

October 24th, 2008
Excellent surgeon---very capable, intelligent, skilled, and compassionate. Highly recommended.