inactive

Frank S Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

September 1st, 2016
It's been 3 years since my surgery done by Dr. Cohen (see my review below dated Sept. 30, 2013). Absolutely wonderful results and no complications whatsoever! Honestly, I started forgetting about the surgery and can't even find the "scars" from incisions. Was looking for my review to recommend this doctor to a friend who has the same problem. Dr. Cohen, thank you again and again for the amazing job you've done!!

December 23rd, 2015
Best docter I have ever met
Dr Cohen is my Hero. He did my hernia surgery . And when ever I have any pain in my body I run to him. He has patience ,caring , and so so smart, and so understanding. I would so highly recommend him to everyone. He's one of a kind!!!! And a great staff Ask for Martha she's great.

March 16th, 2015
As a physician myself, I can honestly say that this doctor is: smart,technically very proficient,very easy going,understanding and does what many physicians do not do--simply listen! Please do seek Dr Cohen's counsel for any general surgical issue-I'm glad I did.

September 30th, 2013
I had bilateral inguinal hernia repaired by Dr. Cohen and I can't be happier! Deciding on having a surgery, I visited several specialists and I'm really glad that I chose Dr. Cohen. I knew he was a very experienced surgeon and a member of American Hernia Society but he also impressed me as a very knowledgeable, attentive and compassionate doctor. He was able to address all my concerns and answered tons of my questions. I've done my research and was looking for laparoscopic procedure (3 small incisions) and the use of Bart 3DMax light weight mesh. I was happy when Dr. Cohen recommended the same. It's been only 10 days since the surgery and my incisions are already hard to find! There was practically no postoperative pain, only some discomfort for the first 3 days, and I was back to all my normal activities in less than a week. I think that the doctor did a great job. If you are looking for a surgeon that cares, Dr. Cohen won't disappoint you! I would highly recommend him.

September 18th, 2013
mr
I was very satisfied by dr. Frank Cohen and his team. I come from the Netherlands and it was my first operation in a New York hospital. A hernia in my groin. Dr. Cohen gave me a lot of personal attention. He has an air of friendly confidence around him, that put puts you at ease. His staff knows you by name after the first visit. You don't get the feeling that you are just a number. The surgery in the Beth Israel hospital went very well. The paperwork, the preparation for the operation and the care after that - all went very smoothly. The hospital is clean and comfortable.

July 24th, 2013
Terrible
The doc said my surgery (gall bladder removal) would be a walk in the park. I had severe complications-- bile leak, pancreatitis, three trips to the emergency room, more pain than I thought possible. I went to his office for a follow up visit screaming in pain. He looked at me and actually said the procedure had gone perfectly I shouldn't be feeling this way and sent me home with more opiates instead of directly to the hospital. Unbelievable. I went back to the ER later that week and spent over a week in the hospital dealing with complications. He is a nice enough fellow and did return calls but I would never recommend him.

January 28th, 2013
An Excellent Doctor
I can only second what other patients have said here. I went to Dr. Cohen about a groinal hernia...after seeing three other surgeons...and he was by far the best in terms of his patience, his attentitiveness, his concern, his ability to explain things...and, in the end, the surgery he performed. I was out and about in days. Perhaps the other surgeons would have done as well? I have no idea, but I feel I made a good decision. And he has a wonderful staff who were so kind and who seem to love him.

June 8th, 2012
Dr. Cohen has an excellent bedside manner, is very compassionate, and explains everything fully. He treated me very well. I would give him my highest possible recommendation.

April 10th, 2012
Wonderful doctor
Dr. Cohen performed gallbladder removal surgery on my husband. From the very beginning we were impressed with Dr Cohen's bedside manner. He immediately made us feel at ease and took the fear out of the whole situation. Granted, gallbladder removal is not the hardest surgery in the book, but my husband had experienced many attacks and was in pain. So to have a doctor take your suffering seriously and let you know that you will be okay is so important.The surgery itself went flawlessly and my husband is back to normal. Dr. Cohen's thorough assessment of the problem, his surgical skills and his follow up were very impressive. If I had to recommend a doctor for any kind of gastrointestinal surgery, this wold be the guy. He was just great.

January 18th, 2012
Incredible office, fabulous, wonderful doctor.

July 23rd, 2009
Outstanding surgeon
Dr. Cohen performed my laparascopic choleocystectomy.First thing that strikes you is his kind, caring demeanor. Even in the pre-op suite, Dr. Cohen was calm, professional and smiling. I felt like I was literally in good hands.I have had no problems since the surgery. Only positive things to say about him!

June 4th, 2009
Excellent, Compassionate, Skilled Surgeon
I have had numerous high risk procedures done with Dr. Cohen, He is experienced, knowledgable and extremely compassionate in his bedside manner. A rare find in NYC's pompus medical groups. I will recommend Dr. Cohen to anyone in need of surgery. He is extremely attentive, he called me days after my procedure at home to check on me and it was important to him to "speak" with me as he called several times. While hospitalized he made sure to see me and spend time to listen to any concerns and ensure I was being properly cared for. I had difficult procedures that required a skilled hand.