Urologist
Urology Institute Pittsburgh
4225 Northern Pike
Monroeville, PA 15146
412-373-2333
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dis-appointment  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2014

I waited over three hours in the waiting room and they do not even offer water or have a water fountain. How do they expect men to give urine samples without offering water!!! When I finally saw dr costa he was cocky, uninterested, quite frankly could've cared less about my problems. Tried to get me to take a bunch of tests that have nothing to do with my issues. Waste of time and money. Don't Walk run away from this guy

Apr 15th, 2014

Appt was at 1130am. Didn't get seen until 2pm. Should I trust the family jewels with a man who can't schedule patients appropriately?! The place opened 3hrs before my appt and he was already 2.5hrs behind?! How's that even possible. Plan on friending ur whole day here

|  Bad experience  |  show details
by Gary H. on Oct 1st, 2013

After having waited for over 2 hours the first vist and over 3 hrs. today, I would not recommend this guy to anyone. He not only has open trash toxic waste in his exam rooms but also rooms are not clean . His staff is running around getting nothing done and they are not attentive or courteous. I have had 2 conflicting blood tests and urine test so he had me get a 3rd one. None of the 3 had the same data but he still wanted me to get a scoping of the bladder before he had another test result.All 3 test were from different labs and had different results. How can one believe any of the tests and why would a Dr. want to do a procedure like that without good confirmation from a test. Stay away from this Dr. since he seems like a very sleazy type of person.

|  I trust dr.costa with my life very smart knows what he doing !!!  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2013

Dr. Costa is the best ulogisted in the pgh area. Its worth waiting to see him. He so smart in Everyway. Care for u there not many ulogisted That are together like dr. Costa Trust him with my life wish more people would Realize he's find dr. No nutrition in side@ out Treat the cause helps u.

Aug 5th, 2012

saved my life gave me better quality of life

Aug 1st, 2012

I definitely would recommend Dr Costa to family and friends.

|  Mega man, multivitamins, performance & vitality  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

Hi doctor, my name is jose torres, I got this question about the ,multivitamins performance vitality, what time is better for take it, after or before meal, how many minutes after or before! Thanks?

|  NO CHANGE  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Costa by my PCP so I went. I have been a patient for about 9 months now. I see NO CHANGE in my condition and I've spent tons of money at the recommendation of the Dr. I even bought Vitamins that I could have gotten anywhere but I thought I would do everything he told me to do. I lost weight, changed my diet and exercise regularly. I'm in my mid 50's and have Low T, which he is supposed to be an expert on this. I've bought and used all the products he's told me to get, literally hundreads of dollars out of pocket and I am still no better off than the day I walked into his office. They never call you back after testing and when I call them to ask them a question, they immediately put you on hold and then when they do talk to you, the only answer they can give you is that they will get back to you...which of course they NEVER do. That has happened twice to me. So finally the last time that happened about a week ago, I tried calling back one more time, I was put on hold for over 5 minutes and I just hung up and made an appointment with another urologist. I will never go back to Dr. Costa and I would NEVER recommend him to anyway. If you get an appointment with him, plan your day around it because you will easily be there for atleast 2 hours. They schedule 30 people all at the same time..good planning. I hope to god someone from his office reads this and I hope if you are thinking about seeing Dr. Costa that this discourages you because he and his practice is a total rip off.

Sep 1st, 2011

I left Frank Costa, i would wait for at least 2 hours yes 2 hours and that was after my appointed time. He pushes fish oil pills on patients to buy, and if you go to GNC he is on their site with a grin hocking their product.. he never helped me... i went to the CLEVELAND CLINIC..AND GOT TREMENDOUS HELP...HE IS A QUACK STAY AWAY!

Jul 11th, 2011

I had gone to several doctors before DrCosta, none of whom had diagnosed mycondition.Dr Costa did on my first visit.He is the best in my experience and wellworth the wait.

|  Why chronic abuse making patient's wait  |  show details
by Patient on Jun 28th, 2011

Dr Costa is wonderful when you have his attention. Problem is holding his attention. One must always wait a minimum of 1-hour after appointment time, however 2-3 hours is more accurate, on average. Problem is measuring if the wait and short office time equals talent while other comperable doctors in area see one more timely [meaning respect] and outcome is comperable.

|  Genuine  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

Dr Costa cares about his patients and is very knowledgable in his field..

|  None better!  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

Dr. Frank is the most personable, caring, and knowledgeable physician in his area of expertise. He has a knack for making you feel at ease and in good hands when faced with a serious medical dilemma. You're not just a file number in his office. From the top on down, Dr. Frank and his staff make you feel that you are in the best of hands! Thanks Dr. Frank and girls, you're GREAT!

|  GREAT VISIT  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2010

He is very caring and took the time to answer all my questions.

|  Very reliable doctor  |  show details
May 18th, 2010

Great overall experience, best urologist.

Feb 15th, 2009

very caring and professional.excellent staff

Nov 1st, 2008