Dr. Frank Coufal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Frank Coufal?

WORST OFFICE EVER

Posted on March 22nd, 2017

I HAD SURGERY TWO MONTHS AGO AND HIS OFFICE NEVER CALLS ME BACK. I CALL THEY LEAVE ME ON HOLD FOR 20 MINUTES AND NO CALL BACK. WHEN I CALL BACK AGAIN AND MENTION HOW LONG THE WAIT WAS HIS OFFICE BECOMES RUDE AND IRRATIONAL. NO FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT WAS EVER GIVEN TO ME! AS A SURGEON HE HAS NEVER FOLLOWED UP, NEVER SAW ME AT THE HOSPITAL AND SENT A LAME NURSE WHO DID NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO ANSWER ANY OF MY QUESTIONS. HE IS THE WORST AND RUNS WHEN HE GETS HIS MONEY

He did my acdf c-6 c-7, it was a complete failure , had to go through it all over again with a better dr, my voice box is fried- I used to sing, not any more- he did a terrible job, denied the non union when several other Drs could see it plainly- beware

Posted on January 21st, 2017

go somewhere else

Beware the smooth smile

Posted on September 13th, 2016

Dr. Coufal may be fine at everyday services but beware having him perform surgery on you or your loved ones and do not fall for his smooth demeanor. My father has a benign tumor in his pituitary. Dr. Coufal performed two brain surgeries on my dad --first a very painful transphenoidal surgery after which he said he couldn't reach the tumor. Then three days later he performed a crainiotomy. Dr. Coufal kept reiterating that he would remove the tumor and my dad would fully recover however he wasn't able to remove any of the tumor in either surgery and when my father woke up from the second surgery he had lost 80% of his sight--a side effect that Dr. Coufal never even mentioned as a possibility. He didn't even come in to see him after the surgery and sent in a young PA. Then a week after coming home my dad suffered an Addisonian crisis and ended up in the ER. We didn't know what it was and Dr. Coufal was no where to be found until 5 days later when Scripps tried to send him home saying it was the flu. His follow up and office was terrible and when my dad went in for a follow up after the surgeries they told him they could no longer accept his insurance. After Coufal earned over half a million dollars, my dad has no sight, lost his job and needs assistance with everyday tasks. He's now seeing a world-class surgeon in UCLA who has questioned every decision Coufal made. Do your research, get a second opinion, ask questions and when it comes to brain surgery-find an experienced doctor.

Great surgeon...horrible staff

Posted on August 19th, 2014

While he is a wonderful surgeon his office staff really makes things difficult and frustrating. He also doesn't have a PA or any other support outside of office staff so it can be challenging to get a proper post operative medical advise as he is busy. At the end of the day you need a good surgeon so basically it is worth it to put up with the staff. Surprising though that a surgeon of his caliber isn't aware or doesn't seem to address the apparent deficiencies in his office staff. A simple online search shows consistent negative feedback on his staff and it looks as though it has been that way for years.

I'd would see a vet before going back to this guy

Posted on June 3rd, 2014

His staff is rude. The doctor is dishonest at best. I never met a doc who intentionally with held info just so you would do things his way, as oppose to explaining all treatment options and letting you chose whats best for you. Dr Coufal makes promises then reneges when reminded of them. These are things ordinary ppl know not to do. For Coufal its just part of his daily practice. Pass on this guy. His staff is no better...

You're in good hands

Posted on September 30th, 2012

Dr. Coufal is a skilled surgeon, with exceptional bedside manner. I immediately knew I could trust his opinion soon after I met him. You will have ample time to talk one on one. He always ensures all of your questions are answered. I had suffered for years with cervical pain, but I wanted to be sure I chose the right doctor to get me back to my active lifestyle. I had cervical disk replacement 2 days ago. At hour 43 post surgery, I went to a football game, drove my car alone, then went for a walk. I've only had 2 pain pills since the surgery. I have feeling in my arms and hands again, that had been gone for a very long time.

Terrible experience with the Staff!

Posted on April 12th, 2012

Please do not go to see this doctor! I jumped through hoops filling out the paperwork ahead of time and calling around to get a MRI from 2010 to help with my appointment that I swear was at 10 am today. I called at 9:40 to get the exit and the receptionist Candace said my appt was at 9:30! Then she asks if I did all the paperwork and I said yes I downloaded from his website and had spent 30 min filling out before I left this morning for my appointment. I had to go to a big hospital campus I'd never been to find the building the took forever to get a parking spot.

Dr. Genius

Posted on February 5th, 2012

I had a complicated cervical surgery to repair severe stenosis and degenerative disc disease. I had a four level cervical fusion and removal of three vertebrae. The seven hour surgery involved both anterior and posterior incisions,and led to eight days of hospitalization, including several days in ICU. Dr. Coufal inserted plates, screws and a "cage"to to replace some vertebrae. I was extremely frightened by his diagnosis and suggested treatment, but I felt comfortable with Dr. Coufal, so I decided to put my life in his hands and go forward with the surgery. It has been about five months since my surgery and I feel SO much better. My painful symptoms are gone! I call him my genius doctor because I believe he works miracles. He was very patient with me and answered all my questions. He spends time with his patients and has an excellent bedside manner. His confidence put me at ease. I am so glad and feel very fortunate to have Dr. Coufal as my surgeon. I am now planning to have a second lumbar spine surgery, and have no doubts or fears about it because I know Dr. Coufal is THE BEST neurosurgeon and so I have faith that the surgery will be a success!

Doctor invested in Patient Healing

Posted on November 12th, 2011

A doctor with Dr Coufal's education, diagnostic ability, investment in the whole patient who listens, is engaged during a consultation with his patient comes along once, maybe twice in a lifetime. I am in awe and so grateful to have found him through the kindest of Dr. Gregory Sahagian and Dr. John D. Hill. May they all enjoy a long and healthy professional career and life. The additional collegues Dr. Coufal referred me to are incredible doctors, who work with him; professionals high above any standard practice of medicine I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Posted on March 11th, 2011

Dr. Coufal operated on my neck at levels C5-7. My pain level was 15 out of 10. He was very through and percise in the explanation of my diagnosis and subsequent surgery. HIs comment was that my neck inside had so many bone spurs it looked like Mt. Everest. My pain level is now most of the time zero. I can never repay a man, that gave me my life back. The only thing is to reveal my experience and hopefully he can help you. Thank you will never be enough to put a smile back on my face.

Posted on October 11th, 2008

Knowledgeable, attentive, caring -- a great doctor

Posted on August 2nd, 2017