Dr. Frank Feigenbaum MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 5th, 2016
Trust the process
I am one year post surgery and doing well. Brilliant surgeon. Competent and friendly Dr and staff. I had some issues with communication with his office staff through the process but the surgery unquestionably saved my life. I am extremely grateful and have a very deep appreciation for his work. That said, I would rather have him out there saving other lives than talking to me about how he saved mine. Sometimes you have to trust the process..,

March 3rd, 2016
I have not yet had surgery so I cannot respond to his bedside manner or follow up but I have met with Dr. Feigenbaum and he and his office staff are very professional and courteous.

January 24th, 2016
Tarlov Cyst are NOT A symptomatic they can cripple you!!!
only Dr. in World that diagnosed me correctly and helped me.

September 8th, 2015
Blessed for Dr. Feigenbaum
I recently had surgery with Dr. F. The experience was great. (Stephanie) his surgical assistant, was a true blessing. she spent a great deal of time with me before surgery, after surgery, and at my final appointment before traveling home. No matter how busy she was with other patients or surgery, she always made a point to return my calls or emails ( some in the middle of the night). The entire office experience was a great experience . I did not fee like "just another patient." Although it does take time for them to return MRI follow up calls, I respect the fact that they are extremely busy and have multiple patients to take care of each month. I remember the attention I got while I was present in Dallas and I would rather Dr.F focus on the patient that is there instead of calling me the same day with results. I was told at my post op appointment to expect a delay because of the process. Be patient as this surgeon is one of the only in the country. Stephanie and Dr. Feigenbaum saved my life .

September 4th, 2015
celebrating 6 years of postop pain free,and a full life.Thank You Dr.Feigenbaum I am so blessed to find you.

February 17th, 2015
Great visit. Just having some delays due to the holidays in getting office notes to local doctors. Also, high demand in scheduling takes effort to get appointments and surgery dates.

January 2nd, 2015
I want to say Season's Greetings and thank you Dr. Feigenbaum and staff for accommodating me great!

March 11th, 2014
My teenage son had a giant meningeal diverticulum at his sacral spine. Dr. Feigenbaum performed the delicate surgery to remove this cyst last year. He is an amazing surgeon and extremely knowledgeable in his field. Even though it took a long time to get to see him (we live in another state) it was worth the wait.

January 4th, 2014
I think he is an excellent surgeon and is very skilled. I also think he has a huge caseload which makes it very difficult to keep up with the patients once you are post op. Still waiting on results from 3 month post op MRI after calling, emailing having my neurologist call and my PCP call because they were unsure what they were seeing. And the reading from my local hospital was pretty alarming. Disappointed In the follow up care. But glad I had the surgery either way.

September 13th, 2012
Dr F is an outstanding Dr. He really cares and knows what he's doing with Tarlov Cysts. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

May 28th, 2012
The Best Tarlov Cyst Treating Surgeon Out There!!!
If you've been diagnosed with a symptomatic Tarlov Cyst, this is the man to turn too!! Do you you want to give yourself hope? Call Dr.Feigenbaum!

May 23rd, 2011
Competent Neurosurgeon for Tarlov Cyst surgery
Dr. Feigenbaum and his nurse Debbie West did surgery on 7 Tarlov cysts recently. He is extremely skillful in dealing with this disabling and still not much known condition. Dr. Feigenbaum's office is set up to handle not only the initial screenings, but also the 2-3 year follow-up after surgery. My surgery took place at Heartland Specialty Surgery Hospital in Overland Park, KS and I was extremely grateful for the good care I received there. Dr. Feigenbaum is one of less than a handful neurosurgeons in the US who operate on these cysts. They are located in the sacrum and caused by leaking spinal fluid. They are lined with nerves and are often part of the nerve roots, an extremely difficult area to operate in. Not many neurosurgeons will operate in this difficult environment. My health care provider initially denied my surgery stating that it was "elective" while I was already unable to walk, sit and was experiencing more and more pain. Dr. Feigenbaum was able to reverse the first decision and got it reversed after talking to the initial reviewer (a pediatrician!) and then talking the this doctor's reviewer (a neurologist). This only shows that not even doctors in the field know or understand the gravity of this condition. I am so grateful for pioneering neurosurgeons such as Dr. Feigenbaum and his trusted team ofanesthetistd, nurses and office administrators.