Neurological Surgeon, Neurologist
Tarlov Cyst Institute
9032 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, TX 75235
214-231-2273
Locations and availability (4)

Mar 11th, 2014

My teenage son had a giant meningeal diverticulum at his sacral spine. Dr. Feigenbaum performed the delicate surgery to remove this cyst last year. He is an amazing surgeon and extremely knowledgeable in his field. Even though it took a long time to get to see him (we live in another state) it was worth the wait.

by T on Jan 4th, 2014

I think he is an excellent surgeon and is very skilled. I also think he has a huge caseload which makes it very difficult to keep up with the patients once you are post op. Still waiting on results from 3 month post op MRI after calling, emailing having my neurologist call and my PCP call because they were unsure what they were seeing. And the reading from my local hospital was pretty alarming. Disappointed In the follow up care. But glad I had the surgery either way.

|  Registerd Nurse as Patient  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

Just a quick note. I am 34 years old and have had back pain all of my life... but not any more. as my titel implies, I am a registered nurse. I have seen so many surgeons in my professional career that do a good job. Dr. Feigenbaum is without a doubt the BEST surgeon I have ever had operate on me. I had a minimally invasive L3-L4 fusion 3 years ago and am currently seeking him out for another spine issue that I have (which he noted was present at the time of my first surgery but not problematic at that time) and has now become a problem for which I am seeking his surgical help. I noticed that there is no avenue to rate doctors as to how good of a job they do, which is strange. if you have been so fortunate to have stumbled across Dr. Feigenbaum, you would be wise to have him perform any surgery you wish to have done. He is the very best. Please do not hesitate to call me, I would love to discuss this you with you. 7852842115.

Sep 13th, 2012

Dr F is an outstanding Dr. He really cares and knows what he's doing with Tarlov Cysts. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  The Best Tarlov Cyst Treating Surgeon Out There!!!  |  show details
May 28th, 2012

If you've been diagnosed with a symptomatic Tarlov Cyst, this is the man to turn too!! Do you you want to give yourself hope? Call Dr.Feigenbaum!

|  All business  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

He is a good doctor and surgeon but does not take time to answer questions. Debbie more than makes up for this. I am glad she is there and that she is the one I see at my post op visits. She is very th

|  Dr. Feigenbaum and his Assistant Debbie West  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2012

Talk about caring compassionate professionals...this is the team you want to take care of your medical needs.I was so impressed with them during and after my rare back disease surgery...the follow calls and emails unbelievable and unheard of in the medical community. They are AWESOME!!! Thank You Dr. F. and Debbie from the bottom of my heart...you guys are great!!!!!!Mary E.

|  Competent Neurosurgeon for Tarlov Cyst surgery  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Dr. Feigenbaum and his nurse Debbie West did surgery on 7 Tarlov cysts recently. He is extremely skillful in dealing with this disabling and still not much known condition. Dr. Feigenbaum's office is set up to handle not only the initial screenings, but also the 2-3 year follow-up after surgery. My surgery took place at Heartland Specialty Surgery Hospital in Overland Park, KS and I was extremely grateful for the good care I received there. Dr. Feigenbaum is one of less than a handful neurosurgeons in the US who operate on these cysts. They are located in the sacrum and caused by leaking spinal fluid. They are lined with nerves and are often part of the nerve roots, an extremely difficult area to operate in. Not many neurosurgeons will operate in this difficult environment. My health care provider initially denied my surgery stating that it was "elective" while I was already unable to walk, sit and was experiencing more and more pain. Dr. Feigenbaum was able to reverse the first decision and got it reversed after talking to the initial reviewer (a pediatrician!) and then talking the this doctor's reviewer (a neurologist). This only shows that not even doctors in the field know or understand the gravity of this condition. I am so grateful for pioneering neurosurgeons such as Dr. Feigenbaum and his trusted team ofanesthetistd, nurses and office administrators.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse