Dr. Frank Ferraro MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 15th, 2014
thyroid cancer
Getting an appointment took time. Dr Ferraro's exam was thorough but he seemed not to hear my issues. I was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and was told I would need to see a surgeon and have more tests. I had to call several times a couple weeks later to find out what was going on and was told they were busy and not to worry they would call me. In other words do not call back. I had another Dr's office set up the appointments for me the same day and it was another week before I heard anything from Dr. Ferraro's staff. Cancer regardless of its type is upsetting to most and having to wait to know what to expect can be hard. In closing the staff at this location are not friendly and do not seem to care about the patients. I stood up front to check in for over 10 minutes waiting for someone to take care of me. Then again upon check out. I iwll not be going back to this office.

March 28th, 2012
Very pleased
Dr Ferraro immediately knew the problem, changed my insulin/schedule. It worked great.

November 1st, 2010
No complaints
I have been going to Dr. Ferraro for a few years now, and have no complaints. The best patient outcome is with one who gets involved in their own care. The Doctor can't help if you don't make an effort to stick with your diet, exercise, and medication plan.

September 10th, 2010
Great experience
I saw Dr. Ferraro for cysts on my thyroid and then for a thyroid biopsy. I waited less than 5 minutes both times that I went. He spent alot of time with me and answered all of my questions.He was funny and had a great sense of humor. When my biopsy came back, he called me himself to give me the results.

June 17th, 2010
I obviously wasn't worthy of his time
After waiting for a couple of months to get an appointment, I was disappointed with the lack of insight shown by Dr. Ferraro. He spent as little time as possible with me (five minutes.)He insisted that I change prescriptions if I wanted to continue to see him (without explaining why his prescription was better.) When I mentioned that I wanted to rule out Type II diabetes, he asked if I had vision problems; when I told him no, he responded then you don't have diabetes.I tried to get an appointment with another member of his group but they have a "rule" that you can only see the doctor that you originally saw.