Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  The longest I have ever waited for a doctor  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2013

I waited 2 hours the other week for my appointment. I live about 45 minutes away, so it became an all day event. I only have one day off a week, so I was getting extremely frustrated after one hour passed and they told me it was going to be about another 45 minutes to an hour. I have seen the best of the best doctors in NYC, and never in my life have I ever waited for longer than 45 minutes for ANY appointment EVER. The worst part was when I finally got to see the doctor, he seemed incredibly flustered, barely looked at me, and our appointment lasted about 3 or 4 minutes tops. I was the last one in the waiting room so I can't figure out why he rushed me like that. The worst part of all was that he did not even apologize or acknowledge the two hour wait. I felt incredibly disregarded and like I didn't matter at all. It was by far the worst experience I've ever had in a doctors office. If it weren't for Nancy, the sweet nurse who works for him, I would've left. Each time I'd seen him before, the average wait time was about an hour or more. That's not acceptable. But 2 hours... I will never go back to this doctor, not even if he was the last doctor on earth.

|  Too long waiting time.  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

Had to stop using him.He won't talk to you over the phone.Wants you to come in so he can charge for an office visit, so you have to pay co-pay. Wait time is just too long and unfair. He says he gives his patients all the time they need, but he books patients too close together. He is a GREAT doctor and his manner is wonderful.I had to find another doctor though.

|  Ms. Arthritic nurse- ahaywoods@aol.com  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2009

Dr. Foto is an excellent, board certified, up to date,totally knowledgable,intelligent,diagnostician in the field of Rheumatology. Being in the medical field myself,working with doctors daily,I don't know of any other doctor who is as thorough and caring as he is. The wait in his office is usually too long, but it is only because he is giving the previous patients all the time they need, and is totally worth the wait. Then when he spends so much time with you, paying attention to every last detail, diagnosing, then treating your disease for years, you feel guilty about those out in the wating room so long. He certainly isn't making any money the way he does business. I transferred from another doctor years ago where I had an appointment at 9am, the office opened at 8am, and I was the 40th patient signing in to be seen. That MD spent an average of 2 minutes with patients. When I was diagnosed there I was handed a pamphlet and told to read it myself. That doctor is a lot wealthier but Dr. Foto can sleep at night knowing he has given all his patients the absolute best. It is also great knowing he's younger then me so I won't need a new doctor as I grow older! It's sad though knowing that the way health care is today that he doesn't get paid what he's worth. I wish him the best health and happiness and look foward to seeing him each visit.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2008

very caring and thorough. Really listens and pays attention to detail. Almost a little too cautious sometimes. Staff leaves something to be desired. They sound bothered whenever you call for anything.