Dr. Frank Giammattei MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 28th, 2016
Cold and Uncaring
I saw Dr. Giammattei over a year ago with knee pain. I had an X-ray ordered by my family Dr. with me. He said I had minor and he stressed minor arthritis. He denied my request for an MRI stating he considered that a pre-operative measure. He told me to drop some weight and offered me a bulky knee brace. I left his office as I arrived...in pain! I lived a few more months in pain believing there was nothing more I could do until my I went to Rothman in Media. After an MRI they discovered I had ADVANCED arthritis with practically no cartilage left in my knees. The pain was from bones rubbing together. I was given shots in both knees to provide some cushion and have been primarily pain free ever since. I think Dr. Giammattei was cold and uncaring and I would not recommend him to anyone!

June 17th, 2016
GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!!
DR. G IS EXCELLENT ... I WOULDN'T EVEN THINK OF USING A DIFFERENT ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON!! HE IS PERSONABLE AND VERY, VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE. HIS STAFF IS EXTREMELY FRIENDLY.

January 18th, 2016
One of the best!!
You cannot find another doctor who cares more, with a better bedside manner and a better follow up program.

February 5th, 2015
Knees replaced - no problems. Quick recovery.

September 26th, 2014
Broken fibula, shattered tibua
Excellent surgeon. He is very caring and thorough when it comes to his patients. My situation was a very complicated since I shattered the tibia. This whole process took 6 months. He made sure my leg was as close to 100% as possible. I would recommend him to anyone who needed an orthopedic surgeon.

October 4th, 2011
In each of about 5 visits I waited nearly an hour to see Dr Giammattei. Then, when I finally did see him, I generally got about 2 minutes of his time (after being screened by his PA). During my last visit, which will be my last visit to see him, I waited one hour, saw his PA for about 3 minutes who very briefly examined my knees & interviewed me, saw him for about 90 seconds. During that time he did not even visually look at my knees let alone **examine them**.

February 13th, 2011
OVERCHARING ME FOR CO PAYS
MY ONLY PROBLEM WAS I HAD SURGERY AND MY FIRST VISIT BACK I WAS CHARGED A 40 DOLLAR COPAY WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE PART OF THE SURGERY CHARGE, THEN I WENT BACK AGAIN AND GOT CHARGED 40 DOLLARS FOR ANOTHER POS OP VISIIT AND CHARGED 40 DOLLARS FOR AN XRAY I NEVER EVEN HAD. THEY HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH CHARGING CO PAYS THAT ARENT SUPPOSE TO BE CHARGED, NOW ITS THE LONG WAIT TO TRY TO GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THE FIRST ONE. I THINK WHEN YOU WALK IN THE DOOR THE FIRST WORDS SHOULD BE HELLO, HOW CAN I HELP YOU TODAY AND HOW DO YOU FEEL, NOT GIVE ME YOUR 40 DOLLARS BEFORE THEY EVEN ASK YOUR NAME! COME ON NOW, GET COMMON COURTISY HERE, THE STAFF NEEDS SOME MEETINGS HERE FOR SURE. WATCH YOU WALLET. THE DR ON OTHER OTHER HAND IS FANCASTIC, MY SURGERY WAS TOPS , I FEEL GREAT!

June 22nd, 2010
Best doctor I have ever been to
Dr Giammattei is a fantastic doctor. I would definitely recommend him to anyone that needs to see an orthopedic surgeon.