Family Practitioner, Internist
Video profile
42575 Washington St Ste B
Palm Desert, CA 92211
760-360-0333
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Don Wile on Jul 25th, 2014

Good visit as usual. Thorough, not rushed. Always feel he is listening & gives good advise on health issues!

|  Very well attended  |  show details
by Don B. on Jul 22nd, 2014

Very well attended by Mike as always. Five star for Kerrigan Group as a whole and special kudos to Mike Larson & Joelle Martinez

|  Great!  |  show details
by Sandra L Clark on May 14th, 2014

My experience with KFMG was very good. They always listen and are very kind & helpful.

|  Senior Lounge  |  show details
by Joy R. on May 15th, 2013

I love the addition of the senior lounge where one can gather themselves after their appointment and make sure they covered everything with the doctor and are clear on his instructions. The young lady that oversees the lounge was delightful and informative. I wish I could recall her name. (anothet senior moment)

Doctor's Response

WE ARE PROUD OF OUR SENIOR LOUNGE AND OUR SENIOR LIAISON REPRESENTATIVE, VANESSA! SHE IS DOING A WONDERFUL JOB OF ENSURING THAT OUR MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PATIENTS ARE 100% SATISFIED WITH THEIR VISIT WHEN THEY LEAVE OUR OFFICE. WE ARE SO PLEASED YOU HAD A NICE EXPERIENCE:)

|  Great MD, Staff & Office  |  show details
by Jennifer on May 7th, 2013

Great Dr., Staff front and back were wonderful, friendly and the facility was spotless. I look forward to my next appointment.

Doctor's Response

THANK YOU JENNIFER. WE ARE SO HAPPY TO READ YOUR NICE REVIEW:) WE OUR FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONISTS, BRIELLE AND ALICE ARE DELIGHTFUL AND WE'RE GLAD YOU THINK SO TOO!

|  First visit a great succcess!  |  show details
by Jim P. on May 1st, 2013

Dr. Kerrigan is very personable, a great communicator, and has excellent technical knowledge regarding health care and healthy living. I am stoked to have him as my primary care physician.

Doctor's Response

AND WE ARE STOKED TO HAVE YOU AS OUR PATIENT! THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS ABOUT DR. FRANK. WE THINK HE'S PRETTY FANTASTIC TOO:)

by Kim S. on Apr 26th, 2013

I have been a patient with Doctor Frank Kerrigan and the Kerrigan Family Medical Group for the past 5 years. Dr. Kerrigan and his staff has always been most professional. And I am most grateful to the Kerrigan Family Medical Group because when my spouse was very ill several years ago their immediate response to her illness saved her life,

Doctor's Response

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS STORY WITH OTHERS. WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO HELP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY:)

|  Great place.. But  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2013

I have been a patient of KFMG for about 10 years I have had great service here the receptionist is very friendly as well as the medical assistants, My husbend saw Chris Baker he is so attentive and down to earth, also Valery i think that was her name very nice dr.. I use to see Dr. Larson witch I loved he is a great PA he takes his time to call u and explain any results in lab work or X-ray that came back, but I belive he is now in the urgent care cause when ever I make appt they send me with diffrent PAs now like Hortencia she was friendly but I didn't feel as comfortable with her she was yawning threw the whole exam and just recently saw another PA she was kind of rude she ask me a question regarding my pain and and I guess I didn't answer correctly cause she just answered me back with a rude tone of voice made me feel very unconfterble.. I think they need to stop changing PAs around I want to go to a dr office where I don't feel like I'm a new patient every time I go in seeing new PAs but other then that issue I have no problem with appt they call me in pretty quickly. So this rating is for the PA I just recently saw i don't remamber her name..

|  First Time Patient  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2013

Needed an immediate exam on a troubling symptom. Got appointment for less than 24 hours later. Understood diagnosis and recommended tests. Initial tests run next day, results were presented to me 48 hours later and medication prescribed. Results of medication to be done on a followup basis. Everything so far has gone very smoothly and professionally. Treated well in all ways.

Doctor's Response

THANK YOU FOR THIS REVIEW. BECAUSE WE HAVE A FAMILY PRACTICE AND AN URGENT CARE, WE CAN USUALLY GET PATIENTS IN QUICKLY. WHO WANTS TO WAIT FOR DAYS TO GET MEDICAL TREATMENT WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL WELL? WE APPRECIATE YOUR KIND WORDS ABOUT THE PRACTICE AND WISH YOU GOOD HEALTH!

|  New Patient  |  show details
by Jim Atkins on Apr 17th, 2013

Prompt appointment, convient location, urgent care facility at the other end of the parking lot. Everything you need in one location. Actual appointment was with Medical Assistant who has followed up a number of times.

Doctor's Response

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS MESSAGE AND FOR GIVING US 4 STARS! WE APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH:)

by John Janis on Apr 16th, 2013

Pleased it was my first visit,will be back

Doctor's Response

WE'LL BE HERE IF YOU NEED US! THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS:)

|  KIM  |  show details
by Kim Dawson on Apr 16th, 2013

They are very caring. I have been seeing this group for many years and would not know what I would do if they were not around.They do care!!

Doctor's Response

THANK YOU! WE REALLY DO "CARE FOR YOU LIKE FAMILY!" THANK YOU FOR BEING A LOYAL PATIENT FOR MANY YEARS:)

|  recent visit  |  show details
by Beth Daniel on Apr 15th, 2013

Overall I had a good experience at my recent visit; however I arrived at 7:55 am for an 8:00 am appt thinking they would want me to arrive a few minutes early for my appt for paperwork, etc. The front door was left unlocked until 8:01, then I was let in. I filled out paperwork promptly (and was greeted by a very nice receptionist who checked me in) but being the first patient of hte day I was not taken back until about 8:25, then waiting in the patient room for about 10-15 more minutes. I could see if the office was in the middle of the day but I was surprised at the delay for 1st thing in the morning.

|  JD  |  show details
by Jose Delgado on Apr 15th, 2013

Awesome customer service We love Dr. Baker he really takes care of people, thanks Kerrigan family medical group

|  Realtor  |  show details
by Larry B on Apr 15th, 2013

I have been a patient at KFMG for many years. The staff, Doctors and PA's have always provided the finest service and a very caring attitude. I highly recommend their group and do at every opportunity !! Dr. Frank and Christopher Baker are both extremely professional ...

Doctor's Response

THANK YOU LARRY B! WE APPRECIATE YOUR LOYALTY AND KIND WORDS:)

|  Annual Check up  |  show details
by Ana Escalante on Apr 13th, 2013

Excellent, thorough, professional and caring. Superb team (nurses, doctors and staff) with an innovative approach to total health care service delivery. The best in the Coachella Valley and Palm Springs area.

|  Great PA's  |  show details
by Joan P on Apr 12th, 2013

I used to see Dr Janet until she retired. When I scheduled my next appointment after she retired, I was assigned to Mike Larson who I liked very much. I saw him on the next several appointments and found him to be extremely knowledgeable, personable, patient. This last appointment I needed to have a check up for my prescription refills. I asked for Mike but they assigned me to Reed Lancaster with no explanation. I liked Reed very much but I would prefer consistency with my care.

Apr 11th, 2013

I am new in town and was looking for a regular doctor. A prescription was supposed to called in to the pharmacy and wasn't. I called and then the presciption was called in but 2 prescriptions were called in when it was supposed to be one. Sorry, but I am going to try somewhere else

by ramona mcdowell on Apr 10th, 2013

Your staff is always friendly and never makes me feel rushed when I'm being seen. Also, Jeanne recently seen my teenage daughter and took the time to explain "female preventive care". This was important to me and I appreciated the time she took with her :)

|  Mr. Reed Lancaster  |  show details
by Laressa Alcorn on Apr 5th, 2013

I have been a patient there for approx. 22 years. I have been thinking of changing my primary doctor to somewhere else as it seems that everyone I see there seems to leave. However, I have had a few appointments with Mr. Lancaster and every time he has gone above and beyond what would be expected of any Dr. I would recommend Mr. Lancaster as an excellent, caring and concerned medical proffesional. I look forward to continuing to call Reed Lancaster my doctor.

Apr 1st, 2013

it was verry good

Apr 1st, 2013

They change their physician regularly. I do not get to see the doctor. It is always a physicians assistant and they are not courteous. One physician's assistant was rude and she did not look at me in the eyes when I was in consultation.

by Terri Verdeckberg on Mar 30th, 2013

I have known Dr. Frank and Dr. Janet before they met and had their children. My deceased husband, John was also a patient and our 2 sons when they were small. thery are now 29 and 32. I am now remarried to David for 9 years and he was is a Retired Maine. Since Dr. Frank was on our list as doctor's to see I chose him because I already knew he and his wife prior. Dr. Janet was my doctor for some years because I was having hormone problems and Dr. Janet knew all about those that didn't cause cancer. I really like her I was sad to hear here Retirel. But bakc to doctor Frank he in my book is an outstanding doctor. Also, Anna is great too.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words about Dr. Frank and Dr. Janet. We miss her too but wish her well in retirement. Thank you also for recognizing Anna, our fantastic medical records clerk.

|  PA Reid Lancaster  |  show details
by Kathleen F on Mar 30th, 2013

PA was kind, sensitive, and supportive. Made me feel better by simply speaking with me. He is a great asset to your practice. I regret that my medical coverage has been changed recently. I found the staff to be polite, prompt and courteous. I had one visit that was at the last-minute and I was treated immediately at urgent care. Thank you for the wonderful service.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind review.

|  Dr Kerrigan  |  show details
by Ruby Ison on Mar 29th, 2013

Dr. Kerrigan is a rare doctor. He explains things out and is very easy to talk to. I don't have a high trust level with doctors and it has been hard finding one that I trust and feel comfortable. He has been a relief for me.

Doctor's Response

We are very happy you found us and we agree, Dr.Frank has a wonderful way of connecting with his patients and making them feel comfortable and confident in his care. Thank you for your review!

by Ron Mayle on Mar 28th, 2013

Your service is fine and Christopher Baker is the greatest! We have depended on him for many years and have always been very pleased with his service and great attitude! Thanks

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words about Mr. Baker. He is an outstanding physician assistant and we are proud to have him on our team!

|  So Frustrated and Disappointed  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2013

This review is not about my doctor, it's about the process in place with staff when dealing with patient needs. I have left a voice mail that reflects this information, but only received this survey in response. There has been no other response from the office. When my former P.A. left this practice to join another, my employer just happened to need clarification regarding my FML status to continue allowing me time for treatment. Dr Frank Kerrigan thoughtfully assisted by replying with a letter that was helpful for my situation. However, when more information was needed by my employer (a one sentence clarification), I could not reach anyone via phone. I repeatedly left messages for the medical assistant with no return call. I physically arrived in-person as my employer's deadline approached and was told that they could not help me, and that I would have to pay for another visit with another P.A., costing more time and money. The office staff suggested that I continue to try to reach the medical assistant via telephone. Many times, the office phone rang repeatedly with no answer. This was not a new experience, since I've had to deal with that particular issue before with this office. As deadlines approached, I still could not reach anyone from this office, nor were my repeated messages returned until I finally complained. During my last attempt to reach the office, I was on hold for literally one and one half hours, and intentionally hung up on four times while waiting to speak with a medical assistant. My request was not life or death, but was time-sensitive. When the deadline grew closer, staff was non-responsive. This resulted in my employer having to take disciplinary action against me (I have enjoyed a stellar reputation with my long-term employer), that included non-paid time off of work because of flare ups with my medical conditions during the transition when my chosen P.A. left the practice - medical conditions that still require intermittent, episodic treatment. I want to thank Dr. Frank for writing the letter requested by my employer, even though they asked for further clarification. However, the non-response from staff should be noted as unprofessional and not in the patient's best interest when dealing with time-sensitive issues. Staff overall is courteous, but they were not courteous when I insisted on getting help. I am now left without a physician, have had my wages docked for episodic flare-ups, and have a one month wait for a new physician. This situation should be addressed by the Doctors who own this practice. I understand that the paperwork is frustrating. It's frustrating for me as well. However, I cannot change certain medical conditions and my employer must have the same FML guidelines for all staff in place. It would be so much less stressful if my doctor's staff responded and followed up with patients in a timely matter. I have given up all hope of that.

|  Glad you are my family's provider  |  show details
by Mario S. Delgado on Mar 28th, 2013

I am grateful to have your provider's taking care of my family's medical needs. Your office is very clean, modern decor and has electronic charting which makes me feel confident my records wont be lost. Staff is friendly and respectful from the minute you walk in and they take the time to wish you a nice day at the end of appointment. Keep up the good work! Sincerely, Mario S. Delgado Very Happy Patient

Doctor's Response

Mr. Delgado, we are happy to have you as a patient and we thank you for your kind review.

by Jamie Myers on Mar 27th, 2013

I have been a patient for a while and love all the staff at this office. The only comment/suggestion I would have is that I have never met the physician. I have always seen the physician assistants. I don't mind and they are all wonderful however it would be nice to meet the MD. I know I can request this option if needed but just wanted to suggest that the patients meet the MD at least once. Other then that this office is excellent and I would recommend it to all my family and friend. In addition, the urgent care is excellent at seeing me and my family in a timely manner which is hard to find in this valley!! Thank you all at this office!!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your comment and review. Next time you're in the office be sure to mention that you'd like to meet Dr. Frank. He'd like to meet you too!

by Lynne Kaesemeyer on Mar 27th, 2013

Annette MCGowan is a fabulous nurse practioner. She has correctly diagnosed my situation and I am moving in a positive way to better health. The staff is courteous, and acknowledges my requests in a timely manner. In these days of Obama Care uncertainty Kerrigan Medical is a caring place to be.

Doctor's Response

Thank you. Nurse practitioners provide a vital service and Anette is one of the best. We have just hired a new nurse practitioner named Jeanne Perafan who is also fantastic!

|  Wasted money  |  show details
by Former Concierge Patient on Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Kerrigan, I am writing this letter out of pure frustration. I was one of your first concierge patient's I listened to your sales pitch at the country club. I was looking for a Doctor that would care for myself and my wife. Sadly you were not the one! You were consistently late for my appointments, your office staff never returned phone calls, even when I left messages for you with your wife, she never returned the calls and often when she did I felt I was an imposition on her. On the other hand several people did stand out as stellar. Your original assistant Diane, she was very pleasant and efficient, your staff in the Urgent Care, where I typically got my care because you where not available. I would have rather given the Concierge fee to them. I am sorry to say I have nothing good to say about your care. I wish you luck in your new endeavors, you clearly need to find a new job if you have no interest in caring for patients.

|  Merchandiser  |  show details
by Cody F. on Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Kerrigan and his staff are wonderful. The doctor himself was extremely compassionate, kind, funny, warm and very personable. When I had trouble deciding whether or not to get some tests done he opened up and shared some of his personal experiences and that made me feel safe and cared for. Thank you, Dr. Kerrigan.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind review!

Mar 26th, 2013

I have been going to Kerrigan Family Medical Group for 13 years and I have been happy with every visit!

Doctor's Response

13 years, wow! Thank you for your dedication to our practice and thank you for 4 stars!!

|  Average office visit  |  show details
by Mike Garcia on Mar 26th, 2013

I have 2 insurance coverages right now. Im blessed to have that. I used Healthnet 1 time at office. I then went to Kaiser to a office visit. It was like night and day. In waiting room short time, in actual room a short time. They had pharmacy, x-rays, blood drawn, in 1 place. It was awesome. Also gave quick results through e-mail - I get e-mails, phone messages, and mail. Follow up is amazing. So i use Kaiser ever since. I still have Healthnet to use at Kerrigan - just haven't gone back. Happy where im at.

by barbara prezlock on Mar 26th, 2013

I came one year ago. Given a script for a mammogram. A second was requested. I called the nurse twice..never received a return call. I came to the office to get the necessary script..given the wrong paper work..I came back...received the correct work and personally went back (2 times) to the breast center so I could get an appointment. I lost a week, a week of worry, I was the fax machine. Talk about being your own advocate!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! You are too busy to care.

|  wanted to come back  |  show details
by Marilyn Lynch on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Frank, After being gone as your patient for a couple of years I decide to try again your concierge service. As you know I love you but was unhappy with the concierge service I was receiving back then. So hoping things had changed I called your office to talk about coming back. I left a voicemail asking to be called back. I heard back from your wife close to 2 weeks later. She again had some excuse as to why it took so long for a call and acted like she really didn't care if I came back or not. Disappointing as you were my doctor for many years and not only was I coming back but my husband wanted to join as well. Just thought you should know and maybe it doesn't really matter. Marilyn LYnch

Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Frank is a joy to have as "my" doctor. A true professional that listens, is thoughtful, and makes me feel comfortable regardless of the circumstance.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive comments about Dr Frank.

by Brian Handova on Mar 26th, 2013

|  Disappointed w/ Mr. Baker  |  show details
by Peggy L. Evans on Mar 26th, 2013

Baker did not listen. I asked him to call Rite Aid with Rx. He called Target. He didn't give me more than 5 minutes of his time. It was a joke. I did get my referral. Thank you. I am very disappointed with the Doctor/P.A.s. They had one good one but she left. I wonder why.

by Teri Cornish on Mar 25th, 2013

Reid Lancaster was exceptional. He was very professional and a good listener. He has genuine concern for his patients and was thorough when he reviewed my medical history. He followed up with the tests and prescriptions he placed me on. He was even open to do more research for my case. He is a great addition to the medical practice.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive comments about Mr. Lancaster. We also think he's a great addition to our practice!

|  My Bad Experiences  |  show details
by S.R. on Mar 25th, 2013

I have been to doctors before and they would ask me about what the type of medication I had taken before. As for your staff... [in my opinion] they don't take the time to really know what type of symptoms I am having or who I have seen before. After having one doctor that tell me that I shouldn't blow my runny nose and let it drip down to my lips, I think that doctor need to have her head examine and better bedside manner. Each time that I have gone to see the doctor I always get a different doctor which I think is dumb. They look at my records then they form their own diagnoses as to as to what I need. As for rating this doctor, again you haven't known what doctor I have seen or even refer too. I think that you and your staff better get their act together and try to figure who has seen who before asking my experience with this doctor. I have made it a point that I wouldn't recommend you at all. I've since now changed doctors and I am confidence that the doctor I am seeing now takes the time to know me as a patient and I always see him personally every time I visit with him.

by joni paul on Mar 25th, 2013

Well we have been very pleased with the staff at the front desk, as well the Dr. and PAs. My son has been a few times and they have been great.We have been treated well .

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive comments.

by Terri Verdeckberg on Mar 25th, 2013

Dr. Frank Kerrigan has been my doctor when he was in the old building across the street by the Gas Station. Also, before he met Dr. Janet and they were married and had children. I switched to her after they bought the new building and before she retired. I miss her because I felt she was an excellent doctor and the fact she was female. Although, it really doesn't matter but I was seeing her regarding my hormones and I knew she would prescribe the best bio-itentacal (non invasive to the body). I was afraid of cancer and these harsh hormones on the market just to make a buck. It's scary stuff. I understand the Pharmasutical Corp. is a billion dollar a year business and probably more now! Dr. Frank Kerrigan is my primary care physician through my insurance and I chose him because I already knew him and the great doctor he was and is. I have Tricare Prime. I was married for 24 years to John Nichols and have 2 sons, Josh and Jason. We all used to come for our health care needs to Dr. Kerrigan. John Nichols did pass away March 22, 1999 after a long struggle with the cancer. My sons still are around me often. I did remarry a Retired Marine, David Verdeckberg and I am honored to have insurance and all the benefits that come with marrying a Retired Marine otherwise I would not receive them. I believe David did see you a few times and then he decided to go back to a doctor that fully understood P.T.S.D. combat related and he has other items he has to deal with, We have been married for 9 years in August. Warmest Regards, Terri Verdeckberg (760) 409-3435

Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your story and for being a dedicated patient. As Dr. Frank was a US Navy officer and physician, we are proud to accept Tricare insurance and proud to treat our military families. Semper Fi!

by paul laplante on Mar 25th, 2013

very difficult to call in and have a questiona and get a call back in a timely manner

|  former patient  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

I was a patient of Annette McGowan. She was patient and tried to spend time with you, but visits were short and somewhat rushed. The front desk staff was unkind and caustic at times. I walked out of my last appointment, the receptionist insisted that my appointment was for an hour later and it wasn't. I had to return to work and decided to find another doctor later. I would not recommend Kerrigan Group to anyone. A few of my co-workers also quit Kerrigan Group. The only reason I'm writing this review is because Kerrigan sent me this email.

|  Bad for my health  |  show details
by Glad I moved to LA to get better care on Mar 25th, 2013

I was a patient of Annette McGowan. I came in February 2011 with symptoms of epstein barr virus and was placed on antibiotics 3 times "just in case" before she found it to be epstein barr. The antibiotics wrecked my digestion and put me in more pain. Before I was diagnosed she told me it was just stress and I should keep active. I forced myself through yoga and working out until she figured out what it was and then told me I need to rest. It was very frustrating to know that by following her previous instructions, I was probably making things worse. I have continued to have symptoms, including a low wbc and she thought it was still the epstein barr...2 years later. I moved to LA and the first primary care physician I saw diagnosed me with Hashimotos. I definitely had all the symptoms all along in addition to the epstein barr. I did not get much help from this office. My husband (at that time) wsaw a physician who no longer works there who actually prescribed some medications that interacted with eachother and he ended up in the hospital with a drug induced anxiety attack. Dr. Frank Kerrigan apologized and we appreciated it. However, I feel the follow through of this practice is not helpful. When I called for lab results the staff made me feel like I was a pain in their side. But if I didn't call, they would not call me for a week or two. It was frustrating. I didn't experience better health by going to this Doctor. I wish I would have gotten a second opinion sooner.

by tim sharpe on Mar 25th, 2013

i had the flu and was able to get in to urgent care on sunday wiyh a short wait

Doctor's Response

We are sorry you had the flu, but happy we could help! Thank you for the positive review!

|  If you need a Dr. Who cares go somewhere else  |  show details
by An unhappy patient on Mar 25th, 2013

Before my husband was seriously ill routine visits were ok for colds, flu, etc. rarely seen by the doctor. Always seen by very competent PA's. when finally seen by Dr. Kerrigan his bedside manner stinks. He is always looking at the computer, asks the same questions each visit. Interpersonal skills are lame. If you are not a concierge patient you don't get quality care. We have changed doctore.

|  Only getting 1 star because there is not an option for negative or 0 stars!  |  show details
by Yianni Linardakis on Mar 25th, 2013

Very disappointed. I must've called at least 3-4 times and left messages with the appointment line. Never received a call back. Very unprofessional and shows very poor management all around.

|  Mr  |  show details
by Frankie Cantu on Mar 25th, 2013

Staff was very nice. Dr. Kerrigan and Dr. Mccgowen were very professional and thorough. Pleasant experience.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your review, positive comments and 4 stars!

|  Why I left  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

Nothing against the doctor but I only got to see him once. I could never get an appointment to see the doctor because he was extremely busy. I don't have a problem seeing a PA once in a while but not always. The front desk staff was not friendly at all. Most of the time they would not look at you when you first walked in.

|  Service plumber  |  show details
by Robert Ferraud on Mar 25th, 2013

I like the Kerrigan family medical group, because when you go in there they treat your problem like it was their own. they had a short waiting time and took the time to answer all of my questions.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for this positive review. We do take our motto seriously and want to "care for you like family."

Mar 25th, 2013

Really nice friendly staff. I love bringing my family here !

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your nice comments.

|  Inexcusable service.  |  show details
by Janine Torrey on Mar 25th, 2013

I am annoyed with your service. It's been almost 2 weeks and no one has called me back. I need to get to a specialist yet you don't call people back. Seriously upset and this isn't the first time you failed to call me back. Plus why does it take over 10-15 rings for anyone to answer the phone?

|  Patient since 2005  |  show details
by PatsyHenderson on Mar 25th, 2013

I have been comming to the Kerrigan group since late 2005. I have been satisfied with all of the staff. I seen Annet Mcgown most of the time ,and she has always been very good. i will miss her now that she's gone. All the staff has always been friendly ,and helpful. Most over all i have been satisfied with the Kerrigan Group.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive response. Did you know that we have a new nurse practitioner with 20 years experience? Her name is Jeanne Perafan. Find out more about our staff at www.kfmgroup.com.

|  Saddened  |  show details
by Marion P. on Mar 25th, 2013

My Husband I had been a patient at Kerrigan's for over 10 years, I always enjoyed going to their office to see Dr. Janet, if she was not available I would be seen in their immediate care, the staff there was exceptional. The provider there 3 years ago diagnosed my husband with a stroke, when we had been dismissed by another clinic as just having some type of Palsy.. He saved my husbands life.. He seemed to really care. About a year ago I went in and this doctor was no longer their, the new staff seemed like they had just got out of school, had no idea of what was wrong with me and misdiagnosed a fracture in my hip. I am so saddened by the care I received. The good Doctors always leave, I guess the gentleman who saw my husband was a Physician's Assistant.. He was our Doctor. What a loss for this practice. We will not go back.

|  Billing Nightmare  |  show details
by A. Wilkins on Mar 25th, 2013

I think Mike Larson is great, the nurses are always nice also. However, we were very disappointed that once we paid our office visit copay, we received a bill in the mail for $23 additional dollars. When I called we were told that our routine visit for an ear infection was deemed 'an extensive office visit that took additional time.' I called both the billing department, and the urgent care only to not have either call returned. Very dissatisfied.

by Ricardo J Fernandez on Mar 25th, 2013

My physician is Chris Baker from the last ten years, and I am very pleased with his knowledge, positive attitude and bed manners, I recommended him to my son, and currently he is also my wife's physician.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your nice comments about Mr. Baker. We have always appreciated his smile and positive attitude around the office!

by J. R. Nelson on Mar 25th, 2013

Dr. Frank has provided me great care and offered genuine concern over my latest physical results. By providing me some personal background in his medical history, he wanted me to take better care of myself to prevent future medical problems that he has endured. I greatly appreciated his personal interest in my health. I found that very refreshing in today's health insurance driven medical care system. You have a patient for life!

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are happy to have you as a patient and Dr. Frank is happy to share the story of his heart attack in order to help others.

|  Unhappy with clinic and the lack of management of my care  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

I have called and voiced my displeasure and lack of confidence in this clinic and have not been satisfied with the follow up. I feel that the managment is out of touch with the staff. I have been told by nurses aids that they are "very busy" (which translates to "I dont care") and therfore do not have time to call me back with answers to my questions about my health and test results. I have to make at least 3 requests every time I need a script refilled (like asthma inhalers and birth control pills) When I call for an appt I often wait on hold (where the machine says it will be a 6 minute wait) and wait for 15-20 minutes for a person to answer. When I am finally seen I feel that the visit is uncaring and lacks the depth that I am looking for in the person who makes decisions about my health. I will be changing to a different health care provider when my insurance allows me to at open enrollment. This clinic lacks the health management portion that is essential in making me feel that they are looking out for my best interests. Some of the things they need to be better at are: follow ups, calls with test results, returning calls in the same day as they are placed and managing care such as reminders to make appointments for well woman care and mammograms for women and annual physicals for both men and women. The program that they currently have in place for referrals is terrible. With my previous health clinic if the doctor or NP called for a referral the referring doctor would call me to schedule an appointment within a day. At Kerrigan I was responsible for calling and making an appointment and then when I did they would tell me they were still waiting for the referral from my doctor.. which made me have to call Kerrigan clinic again and ask for the referral... and it would start all over again. This happened with me where I had to call 3 times, my husband had to call twice for his request to finally go through. Just typing this review has made me frustrated with the care (or lack thereof) with Kerrigan Family Practice. I cant wait to change. In the meantime I cross my fingers that nothing is wrong with my health because I have no confidence in my care.

by Jan Grenert on Mar 25th, 2013

I have been a patient with the Kerrigan Group since 1998, first with Dr. Janet and now with Dr. Frank. I am very pleased with him.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind comments and loyalty since 1998!

|  Best doctor in town  |  show details
by Diana A. on Mar 25th, 2013

I love that the staff is friendly. Making appointments is very easy. I had problems with previous doctor by waiting two plus hours in the waiting room just to get in to see the doctor and with Dr. Kerrigan's office, I have not waited no more than 10 minutes. They know what they are talking about and getting referrals is not a problem. I would recommend Dr. Kerrigan to everyone.

Doctor's Response

Thank you! Our dedicated referral coordinator is an award winning employee having been named by the Palm Desert Chamber of Commerce as a "star employee."

|  Rating is for Baker (not Kerrigan)  |  show details
by Suzanne Meyer on Mar 25th, 2013

We really liked Chris Baker, and he gave us several referrals whom we also like. However, I was very frustrated with the response of return calls from the admin staff. Most times the phone rang and rang and rang and no one even picked up and it never went to voice mail. If not for the fact that we really like Chris Baker, we probably would have decided to go elsewhere.

|  Excellent caring business  |  show details
by JJ Sullivan on Mar 25th, 2013

I have never met Dr. Kerrigan. My wife and I see PA Christopher Baker. He is outstanding. I would follow him if he ever leaves this office.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your nice comments about Mr. Baker and for 4 stars!

|  discriminating evaluations  |  show details
by mental patient on Mar 21st, 2013

I have been a patient for 20 or more years and I diagnosed with severe mental disabillitys and I have been free from drug use for over 18 months and if i have a broken bone i have to practically go to war for the the proper utillitys (hand braces bandages ect.) they treat me like a current drug addict they say they will prescribe one prescription to satisfy the pain then they lower your dosage or change the whole type of medication without consulting me to see how it affects me physically. by the time i get to the pharmacy and if the physical pain was'nt bad enough the emotinal stress has me on the verge of relapsing into a downward spiral of bad things I do not want to go back to just to be out of pain. I go to get treatment and instead im treated like a liability. they are doing more damage emotionally to me than helping my disabillity. its as if i go in there to be reminded that its not what ur doing currently, and i feel that they are there to judge you for what you've done in the past iv never felt so helpless in a time of need. i am personally boycotting this facillity to find a physican that actually cares about their patients because this one seriously doesnt care about anyone.

|  Thrown Back  |  show details
by Steve Keller on Mar 8th, 2013

I threw my lower back out and went to this urgent care. His diagnosis was prompt, accurate and precise. I was not there for pain pills as probly many are. My congrats to this doctor for taking care of my situation with a muscle relaxer and ibuprofin. Was not offered pain pills as I would not have taken them anyway but was happy he didn't

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive review. We hope your back is better and we are happy we could help!

|  I HEAR GOOD THINGS BUT IM STARTING TO THINK PEOPLE WERE WRONG...  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2012

FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS, IVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR MY BF, BUT AN ANSWERING MICHINE ALWAYS ANSWERS. WE'VE LEFT A COUPLE MESSAGES BUT NOTHING. AND HES HAD THIS DR. FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS NOW, HMMMMMM. ITS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE WE NEED TO GET HIM A NEW DR.

Jan 15th, 2011

The best doctor I have ever had. I am healthy thanks to Dr. Kerrigan.

Jan 15th, 2011

Dr. Kerrigan is a caring doctor with good bedside manners. I recommend all my friends and family to Dr. Kerrigan