Orthopedic Surgeons
400 Concord Plz
Suite 300
San Antonio, TX 78216
210-225-5741
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  patient  |  show details
by Rosalinda on Jan 31st, 2013

I enjoyed this Dr. because he was there for me and my family and really explained the procedure he was going to do to me on my cervical. I have been feeling great since my surgery and i thank dr K for being there.

|  Big Change!!!!  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

Wow! What a difference I went in to see DR. K for issues I was having with my Lower Back. I had surgery and my leg pain is gone. The staff changes he has made has been the best my calls are returned on time , and when I come in with my wife we both feel like we are being taken care of. Maria Equila scheduled my second surgery and kept me informed at all times. The first time I had surgery Dr K was with the San Antonio orthopaedic grp. The staff he had at that time took forever to return my calls, medication refills or just to get a DRs note for my job very frustrating! His new location is wonderful change is GOOD!! I will always be thankful for my doctor....

|  Keeps cancelling appointments  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2012

I like Dr K, but his office keeps canceling appts and it is at least a month (but usually more) before the next one. I need surgery, but can't get it scheduled because of cancellations. Have not been able to see him in 4 months because of cancellations. Last 3 appts were cancelled. Admin Staff couldn't care less and are no help. PA is very good for a PA, but can't schedule surgeries.

|  DR. K  |  show details
May 29th, 2011

Dr. K Did cervical surgery over a year ago still having so issues, not healed yet. Scheduled for lumbar surgery on July 5th 2011, will let you know. Did have some issues making contact while he made his change in locations but since he has a new number to call. So now I always get a quick call back. Melissa is GREAT!! The only thing I have issue with really so far in my almost 2 yrs of seeing him is the wait time for appointments. Have had to wait up to 3 hrs.

Apr 12th, 2011

I patient care I have received with Dr. Kuwamura has gone down from being excellent. Dr. Kuwamura has his own practice now which has effected the quality of care he offers his patients. Getting an appointment is not very easy, staff does not call back, and the total office visit is at 3 hours. Appointments have been rescheduled and a few of his staff have left the practice which has resulted in more chaos. I used to have confidence in Dr. Kuwamura and his other patients used to as well but more and more doubts are being raised about the quality of care patients are receiving.

by Angela Harold on Oct 26th, 2010

I had severe back pain and Dr. Kuwamura operated on me and I'm now pain free.The best Doctor and I thank him I can now enjoy my grandkids and life!

by J.Davis on Oct 18th, 2010

Dr. Kuwamura is very thorough.He takes time to listen and answers all questions without rushing or making one feel like a fool.He is kind and compassionate. NO PRESSURE TO HAVE SURGERY.The decision was MINE. My husband and I highly recomend him.Dr. Kuwamura III, M.D. is trustworthy & shows great integrity. I know this may sound overly done. But, there is not one negative thing I can think of.Back surgery was considered very carefully.Lots of discussion about the process, time in hospital,pain management,care when @home. He's serious, but has a sence of humor.All around good guy.ONE OTHER important thing.Even though I am 70, he was concerned about my quality of life. Encouraging me all the way.That is rare for a person @my age. I am improving & I expect to be back in the swing of things in just a few months. Already going to my grkids' ballgames, & some yardwork. PTLReally love his staff at the 2 places I went.Very informative and always sweet on the phone.Great experience.

|  Best Doc in San Antonio!  |  show details
by KIM K on Mar 21st, 2010

I went to see Dr.K he's the best! I now have little back pain. Staff was also very good.

|  Super K.  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2009

I was in alot of pain and Dr. K did surgery and instantly I was better.He even came to see me at the hospital after a long day he had. I am so grateful to him! He is wonderful! We will never foget you!

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
by Mary on Jan 6th, 2009

Before back surgery I could only walk about a block. He put in 8 screws, 2 rods, support bar between them and 8 wire cages between S1 and L3. I can now walk a mile at times and only 6 months out. He was caring, informative, and spent as much time as I need to talk about my concerns. Highly recommend him.