Dr. Frank Kuwamura, MD
Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 24th, 2016

He is a great doctor. His staff leaves something to be desired. His wait times can be long, but he is really busy so that is to be expected.

Outstanding Surgeon show details Outstanding Surgeon
Jun 23rd, 2016

He is an exellent surgeon, always conservative in his treatmentsand thorough.

Apr 19th, 2016

He is an excellent doctor and very kind. He keeps you informed and clearly explains any treatment provided.

by Heidi Robbins on Nov 10th, 2014

I been with Dr. Kuwamura for 19 years and i will tell hes one of thebest doctors i have ever been to. My Back fuson was awsome .

patient show details patient
by Rosalinda on Jan 31st, 2013

I enjoyed this Dr. because he was there for me and my family and really explained the procedure he was going to do to me on my cervical. I have been feeling great since my surgery and i thank dr K for being there.

Big Change!!!! show details Big Change!!!!
May 15th, 2012

Wow! What a difference I went in to see DR. K for issues I was having with my Lower Back. I had surgery and my leg pain is gone. The staff changes he has made has been the best my calls are returned on time , and when I come in with my wife we both feel like we are being taken care of. Maria Equila scheduled my second surgery and kept me informed at all times. The first time I had surgery Dr K was with the San Antonio orthopaedic grp. The staff he had at that time took forever to return my calls, medication refills or just to get a DRs note for my job very frustrating! His new location is wonderful change is GOOD!! I will always be thankful for my doctor....

Keeps cancelling appointments show details Keeps cancelling appointments
Apr 2nd, 2012

I like Dr K, but his office keeps canceling appts and it is at least a month (but usually more) before the next one. I need surgery, but can't get it scheduled because of cancellations. Have not been able to see him in 4 months because of cancellations. Last 3 appts were cancelled. Admin Staff couldn't care less and are no help. PA is very good for a PA, but can't schedule surgeries.

Apr 12th, 2011

I patient care I have received with Dr. Kuwamura has gone down from being excellent. Dr. Kuwamura has his own practice now which has effected the quality of care he offers his patients. Getting an appointment is not very easy, staff does not call back, and the total office visit is at 3 hours. Appointments have been rescheduled and a few of his staff have left the practice which has resulted in more chaos. I used to have confidence in Dr. Kuwamura and his other patients used to as well but more and more doubts are being raised about the quality of care patients are receiving.

by Angela Harold on Oct 26th, 2010

I had severe back pain and Dr. Kuwamura operated on me and I'm now pain free.The best Doctor and I thank him I can now enjoy my grandkids and life!

Best Doc in San Antonio! show details Best Doc in San Antonio!
by KIM K on Mar 21st, 2010

I went to see Dr.K he's the best! I now have little back pain. Staff was also very good.

Super K. show details Super K.
Oct 8th, 2009

I was in alot of pain and Dr. K did surgery and instantly I was better.He even came to see me at the hospital after a long day he had. I am so grateful to him! He is wonderful! We will never foget you!

Excellent Care show details Excellent Care
by Mary on Jan 6th, 2009

Before back surgery I could only walk about a block. He put in 8 screws, 2 rods, support bar between them and 8 wire cages between S1 and L3. I can now walk a mile at times and only 6 months out. He was caring, informative, and spent as much time as I need to talk about my concerns. Highly recommend him.