Psychiatrist

by Jackie Hart, now located in Hurricane , UT on Oct 23rd, 2015

When I visited him in Texas some years ago, I had a number of psychiatrists, but he was the only one that diagnosed my problem correctly. That was why I rated him so highly.

Extremely knowledgeable show details Extremely knowledgeable
Oct 8th, 2015

Lane absolutely knows what he's talking about. I've been let down by many doctors, and therefore tend not to trust them. In the less than two years I've been seeing him, Dr. Lane has earned my complete trust. I've met a lot of doctors, but I've never met one with so much knowledge in his own field as well as others. I have never been to an appointment without learning something completely new. He is the only doctor to ever bother explaining, in scientific terms, how and why certain medications work. I see him for medication management for major depressive disorder, but he has given me more leads on my undiagnosed chronic physical illness than any doctor ever has. He keeps up with new research and medications, and he listens more than most doctors I've known. I can easily say he is the best and most comprehensive doctor I've seen.

Sep 15th, 2015

Dr Lane goes above and beyond when his patients need monitoring or after hours attention. He is professional in his relationship with patients, but does not let his professionalism create a barrier between him and the patient.

the Best in North Texas show details the Best in North Texas
by Pamela Richards Hayes Fort Worth, Texas on Apr 2nd, 2015

I had been mis diagnosed for years. Dr. Lane was the most focused and sentitive therapist I had even been to. He continued to work with me despite many set backs. Because of his efforts, I lived a very productive life as an educator and an artist, also my children are successful professionals because of his commitment and personal efforts. He is the best psychotherapist in Dallas and North Texas. He saved me and my families life.

Dr. Lane is very intelligent, insightful, and compassionate. show details Dr. Lane is very intelligent, insightful, and compassionate.
by Marjorie Brazelton on Mar 30th, 2015

He worked with me and my family to resolve decades-long issues.

Dead Person show details Dead Person
by Jane Doe on Jun 3rd, 2014

Dr.Lane is not like any Psychiatrist I have seen. When you see his office you know that he is different. When you go into his personal office it's filled with all kinds of little animals along the window. Lots of plants. You cannot see the bottom of his desk due to clutter and his shelves are the same. He saves everything. He has no organizational skills but that not him. His mind is filled with psychiatrist stuff.He dresses the way he feels for that day. He wants you to feel as confortable as possible. He spend the intire session with you. Not 20 min. And refers you off to a therapist. He cares and he is going to try his best to help you. He is probably the poorest psychiatrist in Dallas because he spends so much time with his patients. So never judge any one for their surroundings you will be surprized what you will find. Their is one thing he really needs to work for. He does not care how late he is with a patient. You really cannot make any time required plan when you have a appointment with him.

Not the real deal show details Not the real deal
by Brad Anderson on Jul 11th, 2013

I was really shocked after coming home. The DR spent our whole first session trying to talk me out of being bipolar. Said I needed to lose weight and eat better and did not recommend that I take the meds I have been taking for years. Prescribed me some sleep meds and said once I got some sleep then everything should be fine. Seriously? I was very disappointed and wish I had my money back for the office visit. I couldnt believe what a complete wreck that office was. I felt like I was sitting in some storage facility, and the air seemed to be out. The building looked so old I doubt it has a/c in it. Was offered coffee or water or soda, then I noticed a little hand written sign on the table that said there would be a $1 charge for any coffee/water/soda, and I said no thanks. Definately will not be going back there.

SUPER DR. show details SUPER DR.
Jun 11th, 2012

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Lane since 1999. His calming demeanor helps me relax and really open up to express what I am feeling.Dr. Lane is the only Psychiatrist that I have trusted. Our family will continue our healing with Dr. Lane for the duration of his practice.

LMA show details LMA
Apr 25th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Lane's for @ 2years and have seen much improvement and growth. I would refer him to anyone with out hesitation who is dealing with depression, addiction, PTSD. ADHD or any general life problem.

Excellence Among Us show details Excellence Among Us
Feb 3rd, 2012

My overall experience has been extremely positive. Dr. Lane is patient, not afraid to make recommendations to other docctors if needed and makes the patient feel as if the only one in the room is the patients themselves.

What a Flake show details What a Flake
Mar 5th, 2011

The overall experience was disturbing and not in a good soul searching way. Dr. Lane seemed quite amused by my having religious beliefs. I got the impression an accurate diagnosis I've had for years as confirmed by very good psychiatrists who saw me for multiple years each was under question as if he could tell different by asking me questions about my siblings sexual preferences, etc. The whole experience was an expensive exercise in futility. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Lane to treat a neurotic cat let alone a mentally ill person.

Feb 2nd, 2011

Dr.Lane is attentive to my needs as an individual, also considering the needs of others in a group setting.

Retired Deputy Sheriff show details Retired Deputy Sheriff
by Gary H. Locke on Jul 14th, 2010

Overall experience was outstanding. Dr. Lane listens carefully to your concerns and problems and then accurately diagnoses the problem. He spends the appropriate amount of time with me at every appointment. His follow-up is the best of any doctor that I have worked with previously. He makes me feel comfortable, so I can easily talk freely with him regarding my problems and he does not rush me. He is an outstanding individual and doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

DOCTOR REALLY LISTEN. WHAT A CONCEPT show details DOCTOR REALLY LISTEN. WHAT A CONCEPT
by PAULA ANDERSON on Jun 8th, 2010

MY OVERALL FEELING ABOUT DR. LANE AS I WAS LEAVING HIS OFFICE I HAD JUST SEEN A DOCTOR WHO DID NOT TRY TO SHOO ME OUT THE DOOR. I HAVE BEEN HIS PATIENT FOR 13 YRS. HE IS ALWAYS THERE IF I NEED HIM IF FOR SOME REASON I HAD TO GO TO THE EMERGENCY HE MADE SURE HE KEPT A OPEN LINE OF COMMUNICATION WITH MY HUSBAND AND DOCTOR ON STAFF. I FEEL LIKE I CAN TELL HIM ANYTHING AND HE WILL NOT REPEAT. HE RESPECTS HIS PATIENT PRIVACY