Psychiatrist

9533 Losa Dr
Ste 3
Dallas, TX 75218
(214) 328-8093
Locations and availability (1)

|  Dead Person  |  show details
by Jane Doe on Jun 3rd, 2014

Dr.Lane is not like any Psychiatrist I have seen. When you see his office you know that he is different. When you go into his personal office it's filled with all kinds of little animals along the window. Lots of plants. You cannot see the bottom of his desk due to clutter and his shelves are the same. He saves everything. He has no organizational skills but that not him. His mind is filled with psychiatrist stuff.He dresses the way he feels for that day. He wants you to feel as confortable as possible. He spend the intire session with you. Not 20 min. And refers you off to a therapist. He cares and he is going to try his best to help you. He is probably the poorest psychiatrist in Dallas because he spends so much time with his patients. So never judge any one for their surroundings you will be surprized what you will find. Their is one thing he really needs to work for. He does not care how late he is with a patient. You really cannot make any time required plan when you have a appointment with him.

|  My comments about comments dated 3-5-11 and 7-11-2013  |  show details
by Linda Newland on Jun 1st, 2014

I just wonder how today 6-1-2014 if the person who wrote the article on 3-5-2011 and Brad Anderson who wrote an article on 7-11-2013 are doing. My first visit with Dr. Frank E. Lane was on 6-28-2013. I had been taking medicine for a diagnosis of Bi-Polar since about 1985. Somewhere along my life time line I had to switch from Lithium as that medicine was doing damage to my kidneys. Switched to Depakote ER 500mg Tab. My doctor at the time prescribed 2 whole and 1 cut in half. I know the tablets are not suppose to be cut in half but that is what he prescribed and it worked for me.. I developed tremors which can be a side effect of Depakote. My Neurologist at the time diagnosed me with Parkinson’s even though he knew I was on Depakote. He prescribed different medicines but they did not work. Finally he sent me to get tested for Parkinson’s and I found out I did not have it. Then I found a Psych doc by using healthgrades.com that was located in a different city and he suggested I go completely off Depakote. I advised him that I was not brave enough at that time to do that but did agree to start taking just a half a tab at night. It worked. I had no more tremors and my head was still ok. Then my kidneys were getting worse at each time I went to my Kidney doctor due to the meds I was taking for Bi-Polar & diabetes. I was in need of a new head doc as mine had decided to go into Psychiatric Forensics or Forensics Psychiatric as I am not sure which way it should be stated. I found Dr. Frank E. Lane on healthgrades.com. I also checked other sites about him. All were stated great things about him. I certainly did not want some Quack doc fooling with my brain. Now today I am off those harmful side effect meds. He placed me on a dietary supplement which is over the counter. When I took what Dr. Lane advised me to take and eat what my Kidney doc advised me to eat then there was improvement to my kidneys per test results. When I took what Dr. Lane advised me to take but did not follow dietary guidelines of my kidney doc then my Kidney function showed no improvement. On 5-22-2014 I received great news which is that my Kidney function is still improving. I sleep very soundly with no sleep meds. My thoughts are very much intact. I feel much better than when I first visited Dr. Frank E. Lane. This head doc believes in the Holistic and also Wholistic approach. Definition of Holistic from a web search is characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the physical symptoms of a disease. And the most important the Holistic route does not cause side effects. I feel if I had been on Holistic treatment from the beginning I might not have as much of Kidney function loss. I walked completely around White Rock Lake Easter weekend just to see if I could and I did it in 11hrs and 5mins. Basically what I am saying is a person should not be looking inside the box they are in but they should look outside the box to find new different ways to treat what ails them. What difference does it make if a Doctor has a neat desk or not just as long as he helps you get better or perhaps well ? What difference does it make if the office is not as in good order like elsewhere ? The most important item is to find a solution to a persons medical condition. Right ? Or do I have it wrong ? No I do not have it wrong. Dr. Frank E. Lane perhaps has a messy desk as an encouragement to those who are hoarders to get with it and clean up their stuff. I confess I am not a fanatic about keeping my stuff in order or such but I have a different reason for that. Anyway when I saw his cluttered desk I just had to go home and start organizing. But low and behold somehow I got a very extreme back pain and went from doctor to doctor determined to find relief. Finally found a Pain Management doctor that knew just what to do. What I am trying to say is that each person should take control of their own health. If you are not getting results from one doctor go to another. With my head doc who is Dr. Frank E. Lane and my pain management doctor I believe I am set for good in regards to both the head and the pain. As a matter-of-fact when I started looking for a new doctor I was actually looking for a doc that is like the doc on the show called House. Then I eventually realized I found a better doc than the one on the show House as I do not remember House doing any Psych work on any show. In conclusion Dr.Frank E. Lane is the Best Psychiatrist there is and he is right here in Dallas, Texas. He can help you with any situation and will also do group counseling if you need. His phone number is 214-328-8093 Oh my I almost forgot the most important aspect of Dr. Frank E. Lane and that is he has Humor and has been voted among his peers as having Humor per a website I found. What person would not like a bit of humor in their life ? P.S. What if you two negative commentors knew something that would help the people in the world and just because y'all might have Purple hair or a bad scar on your face or such and people made negative comments about you which would prevent most people from seeking your knowledge? That is really a big What If. Please think about it. And remember to Think Outside The Box. Outside The Box Food for thought. You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus: 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die. 2. An old friend who once saved your life. 3. The perfect man or woman you have been dreaming about. Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car? Think before you continue reading. This is a moral and ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application. You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again. The candidate who was hired out of 200 applicants had no trouble coming up with his answer. WHAT DID HE SAY? If you would like to confirm your answer then please send a request via e-mail to fixflags@yahoo.com Sorry but no guarantee of a speedy answer as I am usually out and about and doing volunteer work since I am retired instead of inside mopping around inside the house now that I feel much better. Have even adapted a motto for myself and it is Keep Smiling Why Smile you ask ? 1. Uses less wrinkles. 2. When you Smile it makes you Smile inside and those that see you Smile on the outside and possibly on the inside. 3. It makes some people wonder what you are up to. 4. Question Are Smiles contagious ? I believe they are. 5. What if everyone Smiled at everyone then would not the World be perhaps a much better place for all ? Dr. Frank E. Lane is the Best Psych Doc in Dallas, Texas so say I. 214-328-8093 And he has Compassion And he is not Biased And he has Humor

|  Not the real deal  |  show details
by Brad Anderson on Jul 11th, 2013

I was really shocked after coming home. The DR spent our whole first session trying to talk me out of being bipolar. Said I needed to lose weight and eat better and did not recommend that I take the meds I have been taking for years. Prescribed me some sleep meds and said once I got some sleep then everything should be fine. Seriously? I was very disappointed and wish I had my money back for the office visit. I couldnt believe what a complete wreck that office was. I felt like I was sitting in some storage facility, and the air seemed to be out. The building looked so old I doubt it has a/c in it. Was offered coffee or water or soda, then I noticed a little hand written sign on the table that said there would be a $1 charge for any coffee/water/soda, and I said no thanks. Definately will not be going back there.

|  SUPER DR.  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Lane since 1999. His calming demeanor helps me relax and really open up to express what I am feeling.Dr. Lane is the only Psychiatrist that I have trusted. Our family will continue our healing with Dr. Lane for the duration of his practice.

|  LMA  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Lane's for @ 2years and have seen much improvement and growth. I would refer him to anyone with out hesitation who is dealing with depression, addiction, PTSD. ADHD or any general life problem.

|  Excellence Among Us  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

My overall experience has been extremely positive. Dr. Lane is patient, not afraid to make recommendations to other docctors if needed and makes the patient feel as if the only one in the room is the patients themselves.

|  What a Flake  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

The overall experience was disturbing and not in a good soul searching way. Dr. Lane seemed quite amused by my having religious beliefs. I got the impression an accurate diagnosis I've had for years as confirmed by very good psychiatrists who saw me for multiple years each was under question as if he could tell different by asking me questions about my siblings sexual preferences, etc. The whole experience was an expensive exercise in futility. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Lane to treat a neurotic cat let alone a mentally ill person.

|  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

Dr.Lane is attentive to my needs as an individual, also considering the needs of others in a group setting.

|  Retired Deputy Sheriff  |  show details
by Gary H. Locke on Jul 14th, 2010

Overall experience was outstanding. Dr. Lane listens carefully to your concerns and problems and then accurately diagnoses the problem. He spends the appropriate amount of time with me at every appointment. His follow-up is the best of any doctor that I have worked with previously. He makes me feel comfortable, so I can easily talk freely with him regarding my problems and he does not rush me. He is an outstanding individual and doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

|  DOCTOR REALLY LISTEN. WHAT A CONCEPT  |  show details
by PAULA ANDERSON on Jun 8th, 2010

MY OVERALL FEELING ABOUT DR. LANE AS I WAS LEAVING HIS OFFICE I HAD JUST SEEN A DOCTOR WHO DID NOT TRY TO SHOO ME OUT THE DOOR. I HAVE BEEN HIS PATIENT FOR 13 YRS. HE IS ALWAYS THERE IF I NEED HIM IF FOR SOME REASON I HAD TO GO TO THE EMERGENCY HE MADE SURE HE KEPT A OPEN LINE OF COMMUNICATION WITH MY HUSBAND AND DOCTOR ON STAFF. I FEEL LIKE I CAN TELL HIM ANYTHING AND HE WILL NOT REPEAT. HE RESPECTS HIS PATIENT PRIVACY