Dr. Frank Maletz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 6th, 2016
inept staff for Dr. Salkin
I schedule my appointment and the earliest was about a month out. I go to my appointment and they inform me it was cancelled. The staff said they called to cancel the appointment and had left a message. I had had provided my contact information several times during the initially scheduling and when they told me it was cancelled I want number did they call since I did not receive any messages. It was incorrect - my husband called the number they said they used but it only stated (basically) no one was available. So how could they leave a message? Now it is another month for the appointment if I stay at this location. My concern is if this practice's staff has no ethics are the doctors like the staff. Being a month out for an appointment in the middle of the afternoon and they are unable to properly schedule appointments - is this the practice's normal operating procedures? Tried to submit for Dr. Salkin but it appears that this website has its own issues.

December 14th, 2015
Amazing md.
After going to many doctors in the area dr. Maletz finally performed the surgery I needed (lateral ankle reconstructive surgery). It was a process to get in to see him but I could not be happier with the way things are going. He is one of the best surgeons in the area. When opening my foot he was surprised that he now had to form a tendon into four ligaments instead of three. He also did a very good just stitching me back up and worked around my tattoo that he knew meant a lot to me. It was amazing the work he did.

April 6th, 2015
Former Patient
Frank Maletz is a wonderful surgeon with a great bedside manner. He took the time to explain what he was going to be doing and always asked if I had any questions. He was always courteous and patient. The front desk staff, however, was the worst I have ever encountered in 60 years of my life. I spoke to the "Manager" wife and she was just as rude as the rest of the staff. She told me no one had ever complained about the front desk staff before and that was a lie. I have friends who were treated just as poorly. You would think the entire staff would be kind and caring since all the patients seeing Dr. Maletz are in pain. His staff just adds more pain. Although I need foot surgery again, I will not see Dr. Maletz again because of the women who do such a bad job with meet and greet. If I were to rate the staff alone they would get NO STARS!

March 20th, 2015
Great experience with Dr. Maletz
I was recommended by a friend to Dr. Maletz. I find him very professional, kind, compasionate and listens to your concerns. He operated on me once and now he is operating on me again. He is the best. I do feel that his staff needs some reorganization. It is very hard to get an appointment with him. When he operates on me I like to see him not his PA's, however they are very knowledgable. The phone system needs to be redone, sometimes I call 5 or 6 times and no one will answer the phone. I I do feel when you go back to the office after surgery that the patient needs to see the surgeon that operated on you, not anyone else. Otherwise I feel that the office is fantastic.

January 11th, 2015
I consider Dr. Maletz and staff to be wonderful. I have always received caring treatment. Sometimes it is a little difficult to get to speak to the doctor himself, but all medical staffs put up a wall between doctor and patient until assured a personal call is warranted. I had an unusual surgery and am wondering why there has been no call from them directing me to come in for a check up. I guess that's up to me. I have had several checkups after this very serious and somewhat rare surgery.

December 12th, 2014
Review of Dr. Maletz, MD, FACS, CAPT/MC/USNR-RET
Dr. Maletz is and excellent Orthopedic Surgeon. He talks to you as an equal he cares about his patients.

June 24th, 2014
skilled
Dr Maletz is extremely confident and skilled. He continues to amaze me with his latest accomplishments. He still finds the time to attend and also to contribute at the conferences exploring the advanced future of healthcare, medical treatments, discoveries and the latest technology. He possess a myriad of consulting and surgical abilities. Dr Maletz is honest and trustworthy, intuitive by nature and has a great bed side manner no matter your age or gender (treated my youngest daughter, Mother in law and myself). You can trust that he will perform the what is best for your immediate need wether you find yourself in the ER and he has minutes to perform life altering surgery or if he sees you in his office for a visit, he will perform the least aggressive treatment and work his way to what your body requires. With the healthcare landscape changing I am comforted by the assurance that Dr Maletz is here!

July 14th, 2013
Worst practice ever
I was referred to Crossroads Ortho. by my primary care doctor. Worst mistake of my life going there. The front desk is obnoxious and rude. Dr. Maletz is an arrogant jerk. He is probably ruder than his front desk staff. Please do yourself a favor before going there. Look at all the terrible reviews this practice has gotten. Run away very fast as I should have done and find another doctor. I rate this place a zero.

May 22nd, 2013
misdiagnosis nightmare
I was a patient of "his" for 3 months & only saw physicians assistants who didn't listen to me about my pain. They totally missed the reason I wasn't getting back my range of motion. Lucky for me I found an excellent surgeon that kept me from being permanently disabled! KEEP AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 20th, 2013
Very gentle caring and knowledgable dr
I have had 2 accidents requiring dr maletz to diagnose and correct the injury. Both times he was able to get me back to full rehabilitation due to his knowledge and skill. He is so gentle mannered, you truly feel he has your best interest in mind and you aren't a number. I am very afraid of medical procedures and felt in the end that both injuries were made better not only by his skill but also his concern and care.

May 15th, 2012
Lateral Release
He is the worst doctor I've ever had. Do not trust him. Terrible ethics. Won't care for you if something goes wrong. Dismisses you like he doesn't know you if you have a post surgery complaint. Stay far away.

September 17th, 2011
Successful Lumbar Fusion back Surgery thanks to Dr. Frank Maletz
I've been a patient of Dr. Frank Maletz for years. He has performed shoulder and recently a three level lumbar fusion on me. The surgery on my back took five hours and my Hospital stay was 7 days. The moment I awoke after surgery I new thanks to DR. Maletz skills and ability I had my life back again. I have nothing but praise and the utmost appreciation for Dr. Maletz and his organization at Crossroads Orthopedics. I was walking a mile within several weeks and OK'd to start short runs if I wanted to after seven weeks and I'm 60 years of age. Dr. Frank Maletz has your best interest at heart always and has impeccable integrity. Thank You Dr. Maletz for your service to us your patients, we can't thank you enough.