Ophthalmologist

Retired
200 W Gonzales Rd
Oxnard, CA 93036
(805) 983-0000
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Can't believe he retired!!!  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

I waited too long and now he's gone. Darn! He was the best out there. I had three other consultations and all 3 docs said he was the only one who could help me after botched eye surgery in Irvine. Met him once and was extremely impressed. Nobody else seems to understand fixing hallow eyelids.

|  overall very bad experience  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2012

I wish I could forget this experience. That's how bad it was.Unfortunately I never will be able to because I have the terrible outcome and scars to remind me.

|  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

He basically butchered my eyes 5 years ago. He recommended fat removal from lower lids with skin pinch and canthopexy. I suffered pain from canthopexy for nearly 3 years and still have a knot on my right side. He said canthopexy would not change the shape of my eyes and that was a lie. The canthopexy not only changed the shape of my eyes but also left my eyes asymmetrical in size and shape. It left with an appearance that makes my right iris lower than the left because the lower right lid was pulled too much. He did not take out enough fat so my eyes are still baggy and I am also left with bad suture tracks on both eyes.

|  Great doc specialist in eyelid  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2011

After poor result w blepharoplasty elsewhere, I have had 3 reconstructive surgeries over the years w dr meronk to repair the damage. Excellent surgeon.

|  Dr. Meronk isn eye doctor, NOT a plastic surgeon! >:-[  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2011

Don't waste your money having upper and lower lids done by Dr. Meronk. He is way too conservative and you end up with eyes that show no improvement whatsoever. Also, he recommended a canthopexy (tightening the lower lid muscle) and now, 3 years later, I can still feel the knot in the outer corner of my eye where he sutured it! Also, I used to have beautiful large, almond-shaped eyes. Now, they are round and smaller. Plus my lower eyes are just as baggy as they were before the surgery. I am having surgery by a real plastic surgeon to correct the awful job Meronk did. Like everyone says, nice web site, but if I need a computer tech, instead of a plastic surgeon, that might be impressive. Run, don't walk, away from this doctor.

|  still had bags, now bags are worse  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2010

This Dr. was on cruches during my appointment. he suggested I was a baby during the shots; insulting. After the swelling went away, I still had bags. When I returned for a follow-up, he said something like its a hit or miss procedure; he didn't want to take out too much. He said he'd give me a deal if I wanted it redone.Now, around five years later; the bags are worse.Waste of money.

|  Better than I could have hoped for  |  show details
by H Thompson on Oct 3rd, 2010

I had surgery with Dr Meronk last week and can't say enough good things about him and his staff.I came all the way from England because no one else seemed to offer a solution to the problem I had with my eyes. One of my eyelid creases was quite a lot higher than the other one, and the lower one was so low that it looked almost Asian. I wanted them both to be higher and symmetrical. I am 23 years old now and since I was 14 I would not allow anyone to see me without heavy black eyeshadow to try to disguise my eyes.When I searched on the internet, I found 'Asian Double Eyelid' surgery existed, and though this was not right for me as I had eyelid creases but just very low ones, Dr Meronk assured me that he could fix it. I booked the surgery and my flight to LA (I got a Greyhound bus from LA to Oxnard) for 3 months later. Any time I called his office before then, I had a very helpful and friendly response from one of his nurses.When I got there they were all so friendly and caring. I was seen by Dr Meronk within 5 minutes and he thoroughly explained what he was going to do in the surgery, and made sure all my questions were answered. He was very charming and funny and made me feel at ease. A few minutes later I was given sleeping pills, and probably an hour later they began surgery. His method of using sleeping pills and local anaesthetic was great for me- I couldn't feel a thing and was in a very pleasant sleep the whole time! This method allowed him to wake me to ask me to open my eyes so he could check that everything was symmetrical, and I would immediately go back to sleep again.After the surgery, they allowed me to sleep a few hours more, then put me in a taxi back to my hotel. Once I got to the hotel they tried to call to check I got back OK, and when they couldn't get through (I had no signal), one of the nurses drove down to the hotel to come to my room to check on me. I thought that was very sweet and caring.My healing progressed very quickly, with no pain or discomfort, and on the Friday (4 days later) I went back in to have my stitches removed. It is now Sunday, only 6 days since surgery, and I look completely normal, very little swelling and no bruising, and I have never been so happy with my appearance. My eyelids are an ideal shape now and completely symmetrical. The difference to me is amazing, but to anyone else is so subtle that I'm certain no one will be able to tell I've had surgery. The new appearance he's given me is much prettier and makes me look more bright eyed and awake.Getting this surgery was the best thing I have ever done and I'm glad I travelled all the way to Dr Meronk to do it.Highly recommended to anyone.

|  Awesome doc  |  show details
by Charlotte on Jan 4th, 2010

i recommend him lots of reasons. he's super smart, extremely nice, obviously knows what he's talking about, plus he did a very good job on my lids. what more could you ask for? natural look, not a rip off, all around nice guy. highly recommend.

|  One of the best around  |  show details
by jenna on Dec 16th, 2009

I had a problem after my surgery done by another doctor and nobody seemed to be able to fix it. Dr, Meronck did and I am very gratelful. He's wonderfrul.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by Stephanie on Nov 7th, 2009

He helped me when three others said they couldn't. I just wish I'd gone to him the first time. In my opinion, he's the best out there.

|  STOP and RUN !  |  show details
by Deformed on Jul 28th, 2009

Pearl Fat Grafting / Lower Bleparplasty February 5, 2009I search the internet and found DR Frank Meronk His website as so much information. I sent piture of my hollowiness. He said he can fix my hollowiness. Using Pearl Fat Grafting from my own body.He said i also have tear trough diformity too that he can't fix. He can only fix my hollowiness with pearl fat Grafting. So i went to have it done. On the day of the surgery he comes in we talk aliitle. He looks at my eyes i look up/down. I have some questions to asked him about his Website. He tells me he doesnt know whats on there. I'm like ok. Someone knocks on the door i guess to tell him its time. I felt i was been rushed. Then i pickup a mirror in his office to show me how he's going to do it. He tells me oh dont do that. It's time to go in and get started. I should have stop then. I also felt him cut me in my lower stomach for the Pearl fat. When it was done i went back to my room and looked in the mirror i was so swollen. I took pictures of my face right away. And everyday after. I went back 4 days later. He could'nt believe how swollen i was. He told me not to worry. and that each eye takes a different time to heal. He said to me if he needs to touchup the eyes he would have to go from the outside because of scare tissue issue. Now i have 2 surgeries from the inside now. Then he tells me he's still learning from each patient. Oh great .He tells me about a patient he had that would call him almost everyday about her eyes. she didnt like the way they looked. He told her she has to wait for the swollen to go down. He tell me he was ready to tell hear not to call him anymore. He said around 6 months later she called him back and said she loves her eyes now. I was like this guy is arrogant. I mean what does this DR Meronk think he's doing giving out haircuts. It would grow back. He's changing the way people look for life. Anyway my eyes are Both puffy and I also have Post Hyperpigmentation under both eyes. and 1 eye is not all the way filled with the Pearls fat grafting. I sent him the 1 Months pictures. I said he cant believe i'm 100% still swollen. He said i have to wait and sent picuture on the 3 month mark. I'm 3 months now still the same.I told him about the the 1 eye not being filled on the out corner he told me thats what happens in Revision Surgery. I say thats BS. It was never filled. Both eyes are puffy and that corner of the one eye is hollow. I know he going say the pearl fat didnt take in that area. I can put my fingers in both outer corner of my eyes and he didnt place pearls in that outer corner. He places the pearl fat in the center of the eyes. I really think he messed up. I'm 2 months now and still puffy eyes. I look tired and i look like someone puched me. its 2 month now. He said the pigmentation will fade in afew months. And this DR Meronk you have to use the Hush for emails. I paid alot of money to see him. Not once did anyone call me from his office to see how i was doing when i was in CA or now Home.It's like your on your own after surgery with this doctor. Yeah dont get fooled by great websites. You need to talk or hear from the Doctors patients.You want to see how he is from his patients. I know if the doctor did a good job i wouldnt mined taking to any of his patients.I dont think he would let his patients speak to me. Read the posting of all people who had Plastic surgeries from Makemeheal,Realself.etc.

|  Very good  |  show details
by Juno on Feb 17th, 2009

I traveled from L.A. to see this expert. He's really different from the others. Spends lots of time with you. Everything worked out fine. I love my new look.

|  show details
Jun 10th, 2008 on yahoo.com

BEWARE...It was the worst experience of my life. He did a horrible job. He admitted it was a horrible job and then charged me extra money to correct his bad eye lid lift. Dr. Meronk said, "I started to due a really bad job." It was a really bad job, I tho

Read Full Review at yahoo.com