Dr. Frank Meronk Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 11th, 2015
Excellent
Dr. Meronk did an amazing job with my bleph. I could not be more pleased!

September 24th, 2012
Can't believe he retired!!!
I waited too long and now he's gone. Darn! He was the best out there. I had three other consultations and all 3 docs said he was the only one who could help me after botched eye surgery in Irvine. Met him once and was extremely impressed. Nobody else seems to understand fixing hallow eyelids.

February 8th, 2012
He basically butchered my eyes 5 years ago. He recommended fat removal from lower lids with skin pinch and canthopexy. I suffered pain from canthopexy for nearly 3 years and still have a knot on my right side. He said canthopexy would not change the shape of my eyes and that was a lie. The canthopexy not only changed the shape of my eyes but also left my eyes asymmetrical in size and shape. It left with an appearance that makes my right iris lower than the left because the lower right lid was pulled too much. He did not take out enough fat so my eyes are still baggy and I am also left with bad suture tracks on both eyes.

June 25th, 2011
Great doc specialist in eyelid
After poor result w blepharoplasty elsewhere, I have had 3 reconstructive surgeries over the years w dr meronk to repair the damage. Excellent surgeon.

March 21st, 2011
Dr. Meronk isn eye doctor, NOT a plastic surgeon! >:-[
Don't waste your money having upper and lower lids done by Dr. Meronk. He is way too conservative and you end up with eyes that show no improvement whatsoever. Also, he recommended a canthopexy (tightening the lower lid muscle) and now, 3 years later, I can still feel the knot in the outer corner of my eye where he sutured it! Also, I used to have beautiful large, almond-shaped eyes. Now, they are round and smaller. Plus my lower eyes are just as baggy as they were before the surgery. I am having surgery by a real plastic surgeon to correct the awful job Meronk did. Like everyone says, nice web site, but if I need a computer tech, instead of a plastic surgeon, that might be impressive. Run, don't walk, away from this doctor.

November 18th, 2010
still had bags, now bags are worse
This Dr. was on cruches during my appointment. he suggested I was a baby during the shots; insulting. After the swelling went away, I still had bags. When I returned for a follow-up, he said something like its a hit or miss procedure; he didn't want to take out too much. He said he'd give me a deal if I wanted it redone.Now, around five years later; the bags are worse.Waste of money.

October 3rd, 2010
Better than I could have hoped for
I had surgery with Dr Meronk last week and can't say enough good things about him and his staff.I came all the way from England because no one else seemed to offer a solution to the problem I had with my eyes. One of my eyelid creases was quite a lot higher than the other one, and the lower one was so low that it looked almost Asian. I wanted them both to be higher and symmetrical. I am 23 years old now and since I was 14 I would not allow anyone to see me without heavy black eyeshadow to try to disguise my eyes.When I searched on the internet, I found 'Asian Double Eyelid' surgery existed, and though this was not right for me as I had eyelid creases but just very low ones, Dr Meronk assured me that he could fix it. I booked the surgery and my flight to LA (I got a Greyhound bus from LA to Oxnard) for 3 months later. Any time I called his office before then, I had a very helpful and friendly response from one of his nurses.When I got there they were all so friendly and caring. I was seen by Dr Meronk within 5 minutes and he thoroughly explained what he was going to do in the surgery, and made sure all my questions were answered. He was very charming and funny and made me feel at ease. A few minutes later I was given sleeping pills, and probably an hour later they began surgery. His method of using sleeping pills and local anaesthetic was great for me- I couldn't feel a thing and was in a very pleasant sleep the whole time! This method allowed him to wake me to ask me to open my eyes so he could check that everything was symmetrical, and I would immediately go back to sleep again.After the surgery, they allowed me to sleep a few hours more, then put me in a taxi back to my hotel. Once I got to the hotel they tried to call to check I got back OK, and when they couldn't get through (I had no signal), one of the nurses drove down to the hotel to come to my room to check on me. I thought that was very sweet and caring.My healing progressed very quickly, with no pain or discomfort, and on the Friday (4 days later) I went back in to have my stitches removed. It is now Sunday, only 6 days since surgery, and I look completely normal, very little swelling and no bruising, and I have never been so happy with my appearance. My eyelids are an ideal shape now and completely symmetrical. The difference to me is amazing, but to anyone else is so subtle that I'm certain no one will be able to tell I've had surgery. The new appearance he's given me is much prettier and makes me look more bright eyed and awake.Getting this surgery was the best thing I have ever done and I'm glad I travelled all the way to Dr Meronk to do it.Highly recommended to anyone.

January 5th, 2010
Awesome doc
i recommend him lots of reasons. he's super smart, extremely nice, obviously knows what he's talking about, plus he did a very good job on my lids. what more could you ask for? natural look, not a rip off, all around nice guy. highly recommend.

December 16th, 2009
One of the best around
I had a problem after my surgery done by another doctor and nobody seemed to be able to fix it. Dr, Meronck did and I am very gratelful. He's wonderfrul.

November 7th, 2009
great doctor
He helped me when three others said they couldn't. I just wish I'd gone to him the first time. In my opinion, he's the best out there.

February 17th, 2009
Very good
I traveled from L.A. to see this expert. He's really different from the others. Spends lots of time with you. Everything worked out fine. I love my new look.

March 12th, 2016