Dr. Frank Midgley MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

January 20th, 2011
Dr. Midgley performed emergency open heart surgery on my son 11 years ago, when my son was only 7 weeks old. He did a patch repair on my son's coarctation of the aorta. It was a very traumatic day for us, but I will never forget Dr. Midgley's professionalism and his overall confidence. My husband and I were very distraught, but Dr. Midgley has excellent skills in explaining the procedure and putting people at ease. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Midgley and the wonderful staff at Children's National Medical Center for saving my son's life. He is now 11 years old and is doing quite well. He is a bright, energetic young man and such a joy to us. Thank you, Dr. Midgley!!!

August 16th, 2010
Open Heart Surgery Mom Loves Midgley!
Dr. Frank Midgley is a wonderful pediatric thoracic (cardiac) surgeon! Dr. Midgley performed successful open heart surgery at Children's National Medical Center in Washington, DC, on our then 2.75 yr old son to correct a very large atrial-septal defect (80% of the wall between the upper two chambers of our son's heart was missing). Dr. Midgley presented as a very warm and friendly, but appropriately subdued specialist. During our pre-op visit, in which my husband, our son, and I participated, Dr. Midgley sat there bemused and patient while our 2 yr old strapped a plastic fire helmet on his head...and sat there during he rest of our visit describing the procedure and recuperation, answering our questions, while still wearing the fire helmet. Dr. Midgley and his staff were wonderful to work with and helped us coordinated directed blood donations for our son. They made a very frightening process much more illuminated and friendly. Now, 20 years later, our son is a thriving college senior, who has been active without restriction in martial arts, SCUBA, and elite competitive swimming. We will always be grateful to Dr. Midgley and to the people of Children's. I would not hesitate to recommend him for his kindness, patience, and superior knowledge and compassion. Though I believe that Dr. Midgley has retired from practice, I wanted to make sure that he had at least one recommendation in place noting what a wonderful professional he was.

May 29th, 2017