Dr. Frank Nesi MD Patient Reviews

July 19th, 2016
Not happy with service

February 28th, 2015
Dr. Smooth
I wrote an earlier review under "disgusted". There are a couple of important additions to Dr. Nesi's follow up remarks to my post. #1 I was NEVER informed of options...there was only the botox treatment according to Nesi. Of course the financial returns are HUGE for him....every 4 mos. collecting over $1,000 from my insurance for a 3 min. or so procedure that left me with uncomfortable and unattractive side effects. Now I see a neurologist ONCE a yr. for 10 min. and get a script that lasts me a yr. AMAZING ! Very minimal charge for the script. And only one office visit and one co pay :) #2 This man should be disciplined for this by the MI. Medical Association. Remember, he repeatedly told me that botox was the only treatment.

October 26th, 2014
9 yrs. of deception from Dr. Nesi
I saw Dr. Nesi for 9 yrs.about every 4 months for botox injections. He noticed a spasm and said "I can fix that" I had my first botox treatment and was elated to be rid of the spasm. My face drooped from paralyzing the facial muscle and I had painful dry eye. At every appointment I asked if there was any other treatment and his answer was always, "No, I'm sorry". 9 yrs. later I realized I had become so reclusive and depressed that I began my own research on the internet. I discovered that I was suffering from a recondition called "hemifacial spasms" 7 in 100,000 cases are reported a yr. It is treatable in 3 ways: surgery, medication and botox injections. On his examination reports, he mentioned hemifacial spasms, but, never to me. I went to a neurologist, who put me on a med. I see him once a yr. I tried to sue him, but was unsuccessful, as I learned that Beaumont doctors will not testify against each other. My strong witnesses were of no help and I was forced to walk away
Doctor's Response

We regret that you are not satisfied with the results you received, however Botox is an FDA-approved therapy which is safe and effective for the treatment of hemifacial spasms. Periodic injections often provide substantial relief of symptoms for many patients suffering from this disorder as you state occurred in your case. There is a risk of side effects including facial droop, which is usually temporary. Medication can also provide some relief, however this is ineffective for many patients. Surgery is also an option for some patients, however is associated with greater risks such as hearing loss. It is up to each patient to discuss the potential risks and benefits of any treatment with their physician and to choose the best option for their situation. We wish you well in your continuing care.

May 28th, 2013
One of the best......took his time....and did a great job.....would recommend him very highly.......

October 16th, 2011
Doctor Nesi
Dr Nesi did my eyelid 4 years ago and even though I've move out of the area I still travel in to see him at least once a year because of the basal cancer that was removed. He has helped me through some scary episodes with his genuine concern for me; the best treatment that was available and I have never felt rushed by him. He always gave me all the time I needed to get my answers with satisfaction. I would recommend him very highly and I know when he tells me everything is going to be okay - I believe him

September 15th, 2011
excellent doctor
had eye surgery for congenital ptosis also bleph done for aging, my results are excellent. I am very pleased.

September 7th, 2011
Eyelid skin cancer
I absolutely ADORE Dr. Nesi. He was my Eyelid surgeon after a cancer diagnosis. He's loving, compassionate and really cares about his patients. He is an OUTSTANDING doctor. If he becomes your doctor, you are in the VERY BEST OF HANDS!

August 20th, 2011
Very good results!
Dr. Nesi is a great and compassionate doctor. He is an excellent surgeon and I would not hesitate to recommend him to all my friends and family!

August 19th, 2011
Excellent result
I had an upper eyelid blepharoplasty performed by Dr. Nesi about 1 month ago and I am thrilled with the result. He came highly recommended by a friend who also had eyelid surgery and sees Dr. Nesi for Botox and collagen filler. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a very experienced eyelid surgeon.

March 17th, 2009
One of the best Facial Plastic Surgeons in the state! I would recommend him in a heartbeat!