A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frank Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Frank Chen, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frank Chen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from Brown University, Providence. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Chen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Washington Hospital Healthcare System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 88 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Frank S. Chen practice?
Dr. Frank Chen practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Palo Alto, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Hayward, CA.
See Palo Alto Surgeons.