A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frank Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Frank Chen, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Chen
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Chen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frank Chen, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from Brown University, Providence. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Chen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Washington Hospital Healthcare System
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Frank Shao-Hung Chen MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 18 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Frank S. Chen practice?
- Dr. Frank Chen has 1 office location.
Dr. Frank Chen practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Palo Alto, CA.
See Palo Alto Surgeons.