A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frank Shafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frank Shafer, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Education & Awards
Dr. Shafer graduated from Creighton University, Omaha.
Dr. Shafer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
- Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children
- St Lukes Health Network
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shafer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans