Dr. Frank Spellman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 23rd, 2015
This physician has extremely long wait times with poor bedside manners. He lacks etiquette and does not do a great job with explaining his diagnosis. I am unsure how he has received so many stars since the majority of his patients are low vision patients that would be unable to see this survey to complete. BE WARE...THE RETINA GROUP OF WASHINGTON HAS NOW MERGED WITH A UNSKILLED AND UNETHICAL PHYSICIAN.

March 28th, 2015
Kind and effective medical care for your eyes
Experiencing floaters and flashes in my left eye, I was told by the Blue Cross Blue Shield nurse on the phone that I should see an ophthalmologist within 4 hours. Dr. Spellman's office, on essentially no notice, told me to come over right away and somehow fit me into his busy schedule. His group's new offices near Eastern Market were spacious and pleasant. There was a little bit of a wait at each step of the process, some of it inevitable, such as waiting to eye drops to take effect. Then again, I had no appointment. The office staff, the techs, and the doctor himself, were all kind and thorough in their work. It was perhaps the best run medical office I have visited, especially considering the likely high volume of patients treated. Even so, you did not feel like you were being moved along like some sort of unfeeling commodity on an assembly line, as sometimes is the case in medical offices. I will be having my annual ophthalmology exam with this doctor from now on.

December 18th, 2014
I admire Dr.Spellman and I am really happy to have him as my Ophthalmologists :) BUT his front desk staff (specifically the receptionist) is very unprofessional and rude. I've experienced it both over the phone and in person.

December 15th, 2014
Dr. Spellman is excellent at his profession. I've been going to him for more than 2 decades. I'm a diabetic and his care has kept me for losing my eyesight during that time period. He's definitely worth the wait time.

October 10th, 2013
Senior Paralegal Specialist
Excellent eye specailist. Performed vitrectomy in both eyes, and my vision has improved substantially. I would recomnd him to anyone suffering from diabetic eye problems. True, the wait times can be long, but he is a specialist who is very good at what he does. Thus, he always has a lot of patients.

February 7th, 2011
Dr. Spellman appears to be a very good Dr. My complaint is the wait time at his office. Usually, the wait time has been at least an hr.