Surgeons
Winter Park
851 W Morse Blvd
Winter Park, FL 32789
(407) 647-4601
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  fabulous surgery and healing  |  show details
Apr 20th, 2014

He explained the procedure to me and my family. He provided sutures to my finger in an emergency situation. The healing was great...and I was thankful he was my doctor that day.

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
by Hollie F on Apr 15th, 2014

Dr. Stieg is a wonderful professional doctor. I love that he is honest and will not do something just to make a buck. It's been a while since I've seen him but when his schedule became behind due to a longer anticipated surgery or consultation, the staff gave out water and snacks. Love Dr. stieg and would highly recommend him.

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

Dr. Frank Steig, an Orlando Florida plastic surgeon was sewing up an open wound on my grnaddaughter's forehead this morning. After a 2 hour wait, Dr. Frank Steig gave her a shot to numb the pain. As she cried he proceeded to poke her head five times telling her it was numb. It wasn't. When her father asked if that was the approriate way to handle the situation, Dr. Frank Steig asked him how he would know what's logical when, as a Minnesotan he and everyone else was voting for Obama. This is a true story.

Doctor's Response

Many children are upset when they have to be sewn up. They are upset by the accident, upset by seeing a doctor, upset for having to lie still (or be held still in some cases), and so on. Numbing medicine is used and works almost immediately and you can tell by how white the tissue turns that it is working. It is not uncommon for children to say that it hurts (and even to scream and cry) when the needle isn't even touching them, which is something I routinely do so that the family can see. Again, most commonly, they aren't actually in pain, but are simply upset by the whole process. If the child is that upset, the choices are to move forward and work as quickly as possible or to not sew up the injury. I'm sorry that you had to wait and I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. I never intentionally keep anyone waiting, but am often (especially back in 2012) busy with other patients. I am always happy to help in emergency situations, like this one, but not at the expense of any other patient.

|  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

The worst with a seven year old.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry you feel that way. Our office is one of few Plastic Surgery offices in the area that regularly treat children and there are several pediatricians who will regularly call us when their patients need a plastic surgeon. We have a children's area in our waiting room and hand out stickers, ring-pops, and even stuffed bunnies to our pediatric patients.

|  Would not use him again  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

I do not have a problem with Dr. Steig's staff but in my experience he should not be practicing. He shows little care for his patients, at least in my case, and he caused me unnecessary physical trauma during the procedure which could have been reduced or eliminated very easily. I was so disgruntled with him that I had my follow up procedures done at ORMC with a different surgeon.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Please know that I do care about my patients. I certainly do not try to cause anyone trauma, though there are sometimes unforeseen complications and risks associated with surgery of any kind. I am not sure exactly what you are referring to above, so I am unable to address it any more specifically than that. Ultimately, it is important that you find a surgeon with whom you can work well to achieve your desired results. Though I'm sorry I was not that surgeon for you, I hope that you were well taken care of.

|  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

Never got to see the doctor. Arrived 10 minutes early for my appointment. Filled out the appropriate paperwork, paid for my consultation and waited. After an hour and a half, I requested a refund. No emergencies, just overbooking and disregard for their patient's time.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry that you had that experience. From 2008-2013 this practice was managed by Florida Hospital and our practice was responsible for all of the plastic surgery needs that arose in any campus of the Florida Hospital during that time. Unfortunately, this lead to very busy schedules sometimes. I can promise you that I do not have any disregard for your or any of my patients' time, but I also promise to spend as much time as needed with all of my patients to ensure that all questions are answered and proper understanding is achieved.

|  Dr. Frank Stieg  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

Humanitarian. Great bedside manner. professional and compassionate.

|  Beware  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2012

Frank Steig performed my breast reduction and abdominoplasty in 2004. The suture line of the abdominoplasty opened up and created a crater. The breast sutures also opened up. Dr. Steig accused me of smoking, instead of taking responsibility for his poor surgical technique. I do not smoke. He refused to repair his shoddy work and I am permanently disfigured.

Doctor's Response

All surgery comes with risk, which is something that our office informs all of our patients about up front. There are many factors that can lead to the opening up of suture lines or slow healing, like you mentioned above, and smoking is one of those factors. Knowing that slow healing is possible for a variety of reasons, I always explain to my patients up front that follow-up procedures to revise the scar/incision line are always possible and I will always work with patients on any of those needed follow-up procedures to ensure the best possible result.

|  Should have stuck to his first degree-Attorney  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

Dr Stieg is a very RUDE doctor.He treated me extremely BAD---for NO reason.I regret EVER going to him.He previously was an attorney--he should stick to that.he runs from the er room at fl hospt to his office.His office staff is the same disconcerning employees.When i complained to the office manager she did NOTHING to help me.Since i was his victim i have had other people tell me the same thing.If he was the only doc in the state I would go to another state.Very disgusting experience---Shame on you Dr Stieg

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry that you had that experience. From 2008-2013 this practice was managed by Florida Hospital and our practice was responsible for all of the plastic surgery needs that arose in any campus of the Florida Hospital during that time, so you are correct about my having to travel between the hospital and my office. Since January 2014, we are back on our own in private practice. Unfortunately, there are often many things going on in the background that patients are not aware of (nor should they be) and unfortunately, everyone has bad days, even me. So again, I apologize for your experience, but I believe you would have a very different experience if you were to visit my office again now.

|  Excellent & Professional  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2011

Dr. Steig performed re-constructive surgery due to me having cancer of the sternum. He is an excellent physician and is very caring yet funny with his patience. He keeps your spirits high in difficult situations. I would recommend him to anyone. He is also giving of his time to children less fortunate in foreign countries.

|  Wonderful Surgeon  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2010

Dr Stieg fixed our son's cleft lip and palate. He did a wonderful job. You can barely tell it was ever an issue. He is friendly and rally cares.