Dr. Frank Stieg III Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Frank Stieg III?

Great

Posted on September 10th, 2016

After being diagnosed with breast cancer last year my huaband I were overwhelmed. When we met Dr Stieg we knew he was the one for me. He took his time explaining my options, and made me feel so at ease. His great humor and personality is exactly what I needed. He took my hand and told me that he was going to take good care of me and that's what he did. My results are wonderful. God bless Dr. Stieg...

Posted on November 5th, 2015

Dr Steig is a precise and upstanding Dr. who knows his "stuff". He's the kind of Dr who wants to see his work through from beginning to end . Everyone that we met along the way in the medical field recognize and regards his work as excellent. His commitment to excellence and his love and concern for human life makes him an exceptional man and Doctor. My husband and I became very comfortable with him right away, and we have the utmost respect for him.

Upper eye lid surgery did not go well.

Posted on April 18th, 2015

I visited this doctor a couple of years ago for an upper eyelid surgery. The results were not good and he had to do it again 8 months later. It was an awful experience. Initially he did not want to admit that the result was not good, until finally he decided to try to fix it with a second surgery. I remember one of his assistant looking at me very rude, and saying that it was MY idea to have an upper eyelid surgery. YES it was! and you pay to have that surgery expecting GOOD results. The fact that he decided to do it again proves that it didn't go well the first time. Months later, after the second surgery, the same assistant looked at me and said that he finally got it better this time!

Breast augmentation

Posted on April 15th, 2015

Had a breast reduction and now have square boobs. Dr response was at least they are smaller!!!!!

Posted on February 8th, 2015

Able to see me through pulmonary embolism post op on top doing the TRAM!!!

fabulous surgery and healing

Posted on April 20th, 2014

He explained the procedure to me and my family. He provided sutures to my finger in an emergency situation. The healing was great...and I was thankful he was my doctor that day.

Wonderful doctor

Posted on April 16th, 2014

Dr. Stieg is a wonderful professional doctor. I love that he is honest and will not do something just to make a buck. It's been a while since I've seen him but when his schedule became behind due to a longer anticipated surgery or consultation, the staff gave out water and snacks. Love Dr. stieg and would highly recommend him.

Posted on October 31st, 2012

The worst with a seven year old.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry you feel that way. Our office is one of few Plastic Surgery offices in the area that regularly treat children and there are several pediatricians who will regularly call us when their patients need a plastic surgeon. We have a children's area in our waiting room and hand out stickers, ring-pops, and even stuffed bunnies to our pediatric patients.

Would not use him again

Posted on October 18th, 2012

I do not have a problem with Dr. Steig's staff but in my experience he should not be practicing. He shows little care for his patients, at least in my case, and he caused me unnecessary physical trauma during the procedure which could have been reduced or eliminated very easily. I was so disgruntled with him that I had my follow up procedures done at ORMC with a different surgeon.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Please know that I do care about my patients. I certainly do not try to cause anyone trauma, though there are sometimes unforeseen complications and risks associated with surgery of any kind. I am not sure exactly what you are referring to above, so I am unable to address it any more specifically than that. Ultimately, it is important that you find a surgeon with whom you can work well to achieve your desired results. Though I'm sorry I was not that surgeon for you, I hope that you were well taken care of.

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

Never got to see the doctor. Arrived 10 minutes early for my appointment. Filled out the appropriate paperwork, paid for my consultation and waited. After an hour and a half, I requested a refund. No emergencies, just overbooking and disregard for their patient's time.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry that you had that experience. From 2008-2013 this practice was managed by Florida Hospital and our practice was responsible for all of the plastic surgery needs that arose in any campus of the Florida Hospital during that time. Unfortunately, this lead to very busy schedules sometimes. I can promise you that I do not have any disregard for your or any of my patients' time, but I also promise to spend as much time as needed with all of my patients to ensure that all questions are answered and proper understanding is achieved.

Dr. Frank Stieg

Posted on July 27th, 2012

Humanitarian. Great bedside manner. professional and compassionate.

Beware

Posted on March 11th, 2012

Frank Steig performed my breast reduction and abdominoplasty in 2004. The suture line of the abdominoplasty opened up and created a crater. The breast sutures also opened up. Dr. Steig accused me of smoking, instead of taking responsibility for his poor surgical technique. I do not smoke. He refused to repair his shoddy work and I am permanently disfigured.

Doctor's Response

All surgery comes with risk, which is something that our office informs all of our patients about up front. There are many factors that can lead to the opening up of suture lines or slow healing, like you mentioned above, and smoking is one of those factors. Knowing that slow healing is possible for a variety of reasons, I always explain to my patients up front that follow-up procedures to revise the scar/incision line are always possible and I will always work with patients on any of those needed follow-up procedures to ensure the best possible result.