Surgical Specialist, Urologists
1521 8th Ave
Ste 201
Bethlehem, PA 18018
484-526-2598
Locations and availability (6)

2.5

|  Very Good Urologist  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2014

I had seen another urologist for years who I liked but found Dr T to be more engaging and informative. He was late but that is attributable to electronic med records being initiated. He apologized for the delay which was no problem since he gave me a lot of time and provided excellent care

|  LITHOTRIPSY  |  show details
by BONNIE HORNING on May 27th, 2013

My experience was three years ago....DR. TAMARKIN WAS GREAT, HOSPITAL WAS FANTASTIC....TYPICALLY USED A UROLOGIST IN READING.....NEVER AGAIN!

|  Agree with so many others  |  show details
May 9th, 2013

My husband was referred to him from another doctor - after his bladder was torn during surgery. Always running late and seems to not have the time to just talk. He needs to understand that these people are in pain and are looking at him for relief. Sooooo many times we hear "I understand". He really does not. My husband had to have surgery and it was like "pulling teeth" to get it fit into his schedule. My husband was is horrible pain and Dr.T did not seem to really understand. Finally got the surgery and guess what -- it did not take. I too would not recommend this doctor.......and as others have said....hospital visits during his stay...totally not there. To end this..he finally has recommended that my husband go to Penn and even this he and his offic staff have totally taken their good old time with...no clear communication ...I finally had to call Penn and inquire...one more thing...dont call after hours ..you will feel like you get a response as if you called him from a high stakes poker game.

|  3 weeks Your dad will be fine.  |  show details
by Missing my father on Apr 11th, 2013

Dr Tamarkin performed bladder cancer on my father almost a year ago in 2012, I originally didn't like him, very rude, did not take much time explaining things to my parents. So I told Dr. so. He seemed to improve. My father never got better after surgery as Dr T promised, he was in and out of the hospital so many times I can't count, kept complaining of pains in his stomach. Did we ever see Dr T when dad was in the hospital? Yes 1 time. Never a test done on his stomach was ordered by ANY dr. After so many requests, we just felt like a #. Last visit with Dr T we were told Dad would be fine in a few weeks if he just followed his meds correctly and ate. (by the way Dr.T never did a physical exam of my dad, took a heartbeat vitals, check to see how much weight he lost) We lost our father a few weeks after that, had to have hospice come in because my father was in so much pain, So if u ask me and my family Dr T is irresponsible and so are his collegs es. Do not go to them. PLEASE!!!!!!

|  Excellent!  |  show details
by Maria on Jan 20th, 2013

Outstanding, caring and compassionate doc.

|  Awesome doctorAwesome dr  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2012

Dr.Tamarkin has been there for me since Dr.Gadboise retired,23 kidney stones later,and I wouldn't go to any one else...Thankyou ,DR.Tamarkin...Sincerley,DawnGress

Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Tamarkin was professional from the first visit. He was straight forward and very clear as to what my options were. Never did he talk down to me or my husband. I would recommend him to anyone in need of surgery.

Apr 24th, 2012

this MD is good but is frequently late. I don't believe my time is worth nothing and he has enough staff that one could call and tell me to come later. also, one doesn't always get a live body, but leaves a message on the office vm, whereas they say they will get back to you. Guess what? i don't want to wait for a call the next day and then play tag waiting to get to a person returning their call.

|  no bedside manners at all!! doesn't listen to you. He is a waste of time! Yes, he does talk down to you. Also a good liar. Never again.  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2012

I talked to a lady in the waiting room who experience the same problems we did with Dr. Tamaekin, she to said he doesn't listen to her husband at all. Told her it seems he thinks he's better then us but guess what he puts his pants on the same way we do and he is no better then us. Very unprofessional!!!!!!!

Jan 2nd, 2012

Would never recommend this doctor to anyone! Very poor bedside manner! When I asked question, he did like it! Talked down to me! Never again!

Oct 19th, 2011

I was referred by my primary physician because of elevated PSA and my first visit with Dr. Tamarkin was not favorable at all. He appeared to be in a great hurry throughout my visit with him. He did not bother to explain to me that he was going to do a digital rectal exam. I did not understand what he wanted to do to me when he asked me to position myself at the foot of the examination table. It became clear to me that he was going to do a DRE only after he asked me to bend over and he performed the fastest and most excruciating rectal exam I ever had. I had DREs before with my primary physician but it was always done with ease and I never felt any discomfort at all. He asked me if I have any question only after we stepped out of the examination room. I had some questions but being in so much discomfort and standing in the hallway I just told him "No". At the receptionist desk I was asked to schedule the biopsy Dr. Tamarkin wanted to do. I answered I will think about it.