Family Physicians

1000 Blue Ridge Dr
Mc Caysville, GA 30555
706-492-3241
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

they sent me and my 2 year old back to the room and forgot to let the dr know we were there. our wait time was over 4 1/2 hrs. the dr even gave us innacurate information regarding my son and his past conditions that had already been evaluated by specialists. overall i was extremely upset with the whole experience and never want to return. oh and smoking was allowed right in fron of the doors where everyone has to walk through regardless of their health. i thought the staff including the dr was very unprofessional and they were even eating in the exam rooms which i thought would be unsanitary.

|  Great Doc, office management, and nurse care terrible  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

I feel he is a very smart Doctor,PREVENTION IS HIS UPMOST PRACTICE, and is doing his best to prevent sickness, rather than give you an antibotic, and on your way, just to return in a few weeks with the same illness, he incourages you to seak out specialist for a problem or condition that is on-going, MY PROBLEM IS WITH THE OFFICE MANAGMENT, YOU HAVE TO WAIT WAY TO LONG AND WITH A DISABILITY THAT MANY OF HIS PERSONS HAVE IT IS DIFFICULT TO COME BACK EVERY MONTH, FOR A 30 DAY REFILL, OF A MAINTENCE MEDICATION, YOU CANNOT GET IN TO SEE HIM IF YOU ARE SICK OVER NIGHT, YOU MUST GO TO ANOTHER CLINIC, HE IS SO BOOKED, IF YOU MISS AN APPOINTMENT(EVEN IF YOU ARE SICK) WELL THAT JUST TOO BAD, YOU HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 30 DAY IF YOU ARE LUCKY, ALSO MAYBE YOU NEED TO MAKE A CO-PAY, MAYBE YOU DON'T FORGET IT THE SECRETARY, WHOM IS SEEMING A VERY NICE WOMEN WANTS THAT CO-PAY, IF IT WORKS OUT YOUR SECONDARY INSURANCE COVERS WE WILL REEMBURSE YOU, WELL I AM TRYING TO GET BACK MY CO-PAY ARE OF NOW, KAREN IS DUE TO CALL, THEY PUT U ON HOLD, YOU ARE LUCKY IF THEY COME BACK, THE OFFICE MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE, THE ASSISTANT NURSE, NEED TO AT LEAST WEIGHT YOU AND TAKE YOUR TEMP-BLOOD PRESSURE----THEY LAY SO MUCH RESPONSIBILIY ON DOC, OVER BOOKING, NEED A NURSE YOU CAN CALL AND WHY CAN HE NOT CALL IN A PERSCRIPTION FOR YOU, WHEN YOU ARE SICK, YOU JUST SAW HIM 15 DAYS AGO, NOPE, NO CALLINS, NO CLINIC, WISHING YOU THE BEST, I JUST CANNOT SIT OR WAIT THAT LONG, HOWEVER THE MCCAYSVILLE PHARM, ARE QUICK AND SEEMING A VERY HIGH STANTARD PHARM

|  show details
by Z. Kincer on Mar 12th, 2011

Dr. Wood is one of the best doctors around. He knows what he is doing, and he is a very sweet man, that actually cares about his patients! He is very smart and a great people person. Every diagnosis he has given me has always been correct, when I had to see a specialist for the problem. All of his treatments have worked and made me feel much better. He has been my family doctor for years. Doctors like him are hard to find!!!!! Very good Doctor!

|  My Hero  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2009

I have been using Dr. Wood for years, and have nothing to say but great things about him. He works hard and helps his patients each and every day. The negative opinions below are completely uncalled for. Dr. Wood always wears a coat, tie, and lab coat every day and always comes in looking like a professional. He always keeps a clean office with completely sanitary conditions. There is a wait at his office, but only because he is so popular in the neighborhood and everyone uses him. The ladies in the office are very nice and professional as well. The most professional and organized medical practice in North Georgia.

|  Best Doctor Ever  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2009

Dr. Wood is the best physician that I have ever used. He is very intelligent and more importantly, truly cares for his patients. Dr. Wood's office has a long wait because he is the only doctor and sees around 100 patients per day. Best Doctor in GA, TN, and NC hands down.

|  uncalled for  |  show details
by stg on Nov 4th, 2009

I had brought my friend to see his doctor (Dr Wood)my friend goes once a month. This was the first time I had gone with him. I went in with him thinking we were going see him in 15 or 30 minutes well we sat and sat for 3 and half hours as I sat I had talk to others who have been there for 3 to 4 hours even longer waiting that is so uncalled for. Once we were in the exroom waited 45 mins. Dr Wood comes in not wash his hands before examing my friend and after examing him but that took 10 minutes for the exam (crazy) wrote out a precription sent him on his way. every month my friend has appointment he gets presriptions he does not know what they are all for so now he has lunch bags of medican 4 to five bags no joke. the other thing was that Dr Wood doctor jacket he wears all day white with blood on it pen marks just a dirty dirty jacket he goes around in each exam rooms with it on ( the blood is what made my jaw drop when I had seen that). people say he is cheap to see but is it really worth sitting there and picking up other peoples germs who knows what else is carried in the waiting lounge this is the worst doctor I have even seen his waiting room is full to the gill every day he is there he is the only doctor in that office....

|  Extreme Disbelife he is still a doctor  |  show details
by Patient of more than 20 years on Oct 2nd, 2008

He is the worst dr and you wait forever for him to spend 1 min writing you a prescription that you don't even know if you need or not. They need to do something about him