Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Carley and Dylan on Dec 21st, 2013

Dr Busse has taken care of both my children, He is the kindest person I've ever had the priveledge of knowing. His staff completely compliments him from start to finish. He quietly, quickly,and gently connects with his patients. Like visiting an old friend. He makes us smile!

|  Rude Staff!!!!  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

Office staff is EXTREMELY rude actually hung up the phone on me!

|  Would definitely recommend this doctor! cant write enough how great he is!  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

My 4 yr had to go through surgery 3 times. 2 were from a previous doctor. She had bleeding from both eyes all the way home..2 hour drive. too much to list all the bad that happened. When Dr. Busse did the 3rd surgery..we had no problems at all. Its been one year and no problems at all. She looks perfect. I never had to worry about bleeding eyes or any issue at all. Im glad I found doctor Busse!

|  a lot you need to know....  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

I'm a pretty uperclass guy with pretty high expectations, especially when it comes to the care of my kids. I was referred to Busse's office. When I walked in I was absolutely shocked. The staff area looks like somethign otu of a hoarders episode. There were TONS of toys all over the place and I thought they seemed quite dirty. The staff was terribly unfriendly. I waited over an hour after my appointment time when they finaly called me back. When I got back there I was impressed by how he interacted with my child and he seemed very knowledgable. While I was in the waiting room I called 2 very close friends who are both very successful eye doctors. Both said this was one of the top 3 child eye doctors in town. they said he's one of the few that accepts medicare which may explain why the patients and the cleanliness of the office wasn't what I expected. Not an excuse but just not what I was used to. they could still take better care of the place. The more interesting thing I think you need to konw is I understand from a woman in the waiting room that Dr. Busse is undergoing a gender change. The entire time he talked abotu his wife and 2 teen age kids. I honeslty couldn't tell if he was a man or a woman. It was all very strange and I can only imagine a lot of the kids that go through there would have a lot of questions. You need to know what you're in for before you walk in and do your homework to make sure you're prepared. I was looking for an excuse to walk out but i'm glad I stayed. He did a great job on my child and I foudn him to be extremely friendly, etc. I've read some strange reviews on him and I'd say non surprise me. end of the day, i'm glad I saw him.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

I really love taking my two boys to see Dr. Busse. He is extremely knowledgeable and had good bedside manor when we had surgery with him this last September. I was a nervous wreck having to take my 2 year old in for surgery; but Dr Busse was very helpful with answering all of my questions and putting me at ease. The staff was excellent. He has a very nice play area for the kids with tons of toys and even video games. The wait can be a bit long, but he is a really good doctor and the play area makes up for it. He is a very sweet and gentle man, and I was very impressed how well he communicated with my two children. I would recommend him to any of my friends.

|  Patiens Mom  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

Very very knowledgeable, great with my two boys. I have been seeing him for over 5 years and wouldn't go anywhere else. I find his front staff very appropriate. Not exciteable just trying to deal with alot of parents and little kids. Not at all an easy task!!!

|  Stop and run away - FAST!!  |  show details
May 25th, 2010

This guy is really not all there! I would not even recommend him for you pet rat. Qith NO warning, he sprayed my 7 yr. old in the face and got really mad when she shut her eyes and hollered! He insisted there was no way she was seeing "double" - and all he did was have her read an eye chart and spray her in the face! When I asked him why he said that, he just repeated himself - no explanation. Although his BODY was facing me, the whole time he spoke, his head was turned facing a blank wall. He looked at the wall, spoke to it, and gestured to it, like there was someone there. . . When I moved to try to get eye contact, he would quickly move his head to prevent it!He dressed in full Operating garb, even to the head covering, concealing his ponytail.

|  It's too bad his front office is so difficult...  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2010

He is a good doctor who has a way with kids and seems very knowledgeable about his profession. I have nothing nice to say about his office staff.

|  RUDE STAFF!!!!!!  |  show details
May 26th, 2009

everyone but one is rude in his office! Find another dr.!! They make it difficult!!