Dr. Franklin Deguzman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

January 17th, 2015
Go to him only if you want to get worse!
He was a horrible doctor. He over medicated me, and treated me poorly. On one occasion he made me cry. On one occasion told me that he didn't have time to listen to my problems (which were relevant to my condition). After he made me cry my husband started coming into appointments with me. While he said he didn't have time to listen to my problems he did, apparently, have enough time to talk to my husband about Douglas MacArthur for 20 minutes after he found out my husband was a History Major and WWII buff. He terrified me in many ways telling me that if I tell my husband that I was suicidal the police were going to come and arrest me, and that the only way the hospital would take me is if I was in handcuffs. Another time he told me that if my medication stopped working they would not increase it any further, and I would have to get ECT. He put me on anti-depressants, increased the dose too much, and then put me on anxiolytics to counter the anxiety from the antidepressants. I was taking off everything. I have few complaints about the rest of the Philhaven Staff. They were always polite, and seemed caring. I gave them one star for 'ease of appointment' because through the three different doctors they sent me to only one was within 20 minutes of my house despite them having a local office. Also once I started seeing Dr DeGuzzman they would not let me change phsychiatrist until I told them I would stop coming completely unless they gave me another one. It is also worth noting that if you insurance requires you to use a mail order pharmacy Philhaven will not fax the prescription information to the pharmacy.

November 19th, 2010
DeGuzman is dangerous! Not a doctor
Dr Franklin DeGuzman should not be a doctor!I consider him dangerous, offensive, rude and seriously out of line. Never in my life have I been handled by a DOCTOR with such carelessness and foolishness.He would not answer one question I asked him. He told me that I have a right to be insane... when I am not insane, just struggling with depression. I went to him because I needed my medications from my family practitioner to be tweaked or changed because of side-effects, not to be told I can call my self 'Jesus' and have the right to be insane. He actually said, "it is okay to be insane, it's your right." The worst part was that he told me I have two options. 1) Keep taking the medications I am one, not change them. or 2) Get off the medications and suffer from severe depression. He told me to look up the medications for depression on the internet, see which ones I thought were the best and would have the least side effects. then when I (not him, the doctor) found medication that was appropriate he would write me the prescription. Wow, I never knew I had the RIGHT to self medicate prescriptive drugs!!! Isn't that against the law, surely!This unfortunately, is not the first time he has treated a patient this way. A few weeks later my friend made a comment about this so called Doctor DeGuzman who he had to see and made similar remarks, claiming that he was a dangerous person to anyone who needed psychiatric treatment.Please be warned, it is not worth the risk of going to see this not-so-Doctor. You, as a person, not some animal, deserve better treatment; there are better Psychiatrist out there.Be safe.

November 19th, 2010
Dangerous doctor - BE AWARE
Dr Franklin DeGuzman should not be a doctor! I consider him dangerous, offensive, rude and seriously out of line. Never in my life have I been handl ...

August 21st, 2010
Mrs. JB
I felt a little uncomfortable when I first met Dr. Guzman but that was perhaps because of my own situation. He is truly concerned about his patients and over time I have come to trust him implicitly and to appreciate his brilliance. He is a doctor who grows on you once u get to know him. I like him immensely for his care and concern and I respect his medical advice. He is truly brilliant in his medical analysis, especially pertaining to the drugs he prescribes. I would definitely recommend him. Take time to get to know him as he is willing to do with you! I trust his diagnosis implicitly. Not to mention that he is such an interesting and nice person.