Dr. Franklin Firestone MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

July 3rd, 2013
Misdiagnosis
I went in to a local urgent care clinic with severe ear and sinus pain and was seen by Dr. Firestone. I explained my history with sinus and ear infections and he completely disregarded it as if I had no idea what I was talking about. He quickly checked my ears and throat and decided my congestion, sinus pressure/pain, and ear pain were all caused by me grinding my teeth; which I don't do. He prescribed Valium and told me to take ibuprofen for the pain. He didn't offer to write an antibiotic, in fact he said "You could take all the antibiotics in the world and it wouldn't help." Today, I still had severe ear and sinus pain and continued to have yellow mucus so I went to the St. Anthony ER where I was seen by a NP who told me my left ear was very red, with a lot of fluid behind it and immediately said it sounded like I had a sinus infection and wrote me a script for an antibiotic. I was very unhappy with my experience with Dr. Firestone. If you know your body and are able to tell what is wrong do not go to Dr. Firestone; he will completely disregard anything you try to tell him and come up with some bogus diagnosis for you.