Neurological Surgeon
3250 Gordonville Rd
Ste 450
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
573-331-5761
Locations and availability (2)

|  Worst experience I have ever had.  |  show details
by Patricia H. on Mar 24th, 2014

I saw dr. Haywards PA and it was one of the worse experiences of my life. I would never recommend him to anyone no matter how much pain he is in, I was put on the so called schedule for a return call from Dr. Hayward and never received a call, been 2 weeks still no call. When the PA discovered that I was not a candidate for surgery he told me pretty much to leave and that there was nothing that can be done for me. When I complained I got a letter saying that I was terminated from his practice. If you are recommended to Heartland spine ask for a dfiierent place to go.

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2014

Outpatient surgery seemed very hurried...unprofessional. The doctor and his staff left before arranging a follow up appointment. No one called to check on the patient the next day. Had lots of bleeding at incision site. Fragment left inside, causing paralyzing pain and requiring a 2nd surgery one week later.

by Mike Alexander on Dec 14th, 2013

Made an appt. with Dr. Hayward, got in within 1 week. Took my MRI disc from my local hospital. Was in the waiting room 5 minutes or less before being called. Dr. Hayward, his assistant John Davidson, both talked to me about my condition. They suggested the minimal invasive surgery, and had it done within 5 days. They placed several follow-up calls to my home to assure I was doing ok. As with everyone, I don't want any more surgery than necessary, and they suggest other treatments, even those that their firm don't do,so their goal is to help the patient, end of story. I strongly suggest you give them a try. By far, the best experience I've had with any clinic. (We live 90 miles from his clinic, but regardless, we would go again if necessary)

|  My life is changed!  |  show details
May 23rd, 2013

I can't believe how down to earth Dr. Hayward comes across. He spent a lot of time answering my questions. I was scared to death to have surgery but he showed me my problem was a herniated disk. I had the surgery where he shaved the disk off the nerve and my leg pain went away.

|  Suprised  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2012

Dr. Hayward and his staff at Heartland Spine Institute make a great team. They are all equally rude. Expect to wait at least an hour past your appt. time, and recieve nothing but a fortune cookie diagnosis. If you are serious about getting healthier, do yourself a favor and drive to St. Louis.

Aug 18th, 2011

Great Doc. He spent all the time I needed with him to answer all of my questions. Made me feel at home and NEVER did he seem like he was talking down to me. Will have the Axil lif done soon.

|  worse appointment ever  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

First, you don't see Dr hayward the first few visits, you see his assistant, but you are charged the same as seeing him. second, the assistant told the office girls to make my son an appointment for a pain shot for his back, four days later, I called to find out that it hadn't been made, said they were waiting for a transcript of the office visit. They had just forgotten to make the appointment. How would you like being left in pain four extra days because of bungling? Needless to say, we'll not be back, going instead to St. Louis, where we should have gone in the first place.

|  terrible  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

was not happy with this doctor...He would not treat my backpain with pain medicine after the first visit..but he never wanted a follow up visit and the only way I would get pain meds was to schedule an appointment..was too far for me to drive with the pain I am in..I lived near Marion Illinois

|  healing hands  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2010

Dr. Franklin Hayward is not just another doctor looking to make money from your injurie. He is a man dedicated to your care and well beaing. He treated not only myself, but, when my grown son needed surgery I would not let him go anywhere else for treatment. Doctor Hayward is a genunie, caring, well educated and God fearing man who I trust with my life. He has done both neck and back surgery on me and I will not let anyone else treat me. I hold him in the highest regard and I would reccommend him to anyone needing a neurosurgeon.Donniella Jones

Oct 26th, 2010

He is wonderful, I would recommend him to anybody! I had back surgery and I am as good as I was before I had it.

Sep 30th, 2010

I just want you to know how my I appreciate everything that you have done for me. In the beginning the pain was the worst that I had ever experienced but each day it is better and I am starting to feel more like myself.First of all I tell everyone I know to take care of their backs; then I go on to say if you are having back or cervical problems go see Dr. Hayward in Cape. He is absolutely awesome and so is his staff.Your attention to detail and the way that you explain what is going on with the patient and the way you explain in detail what to expect during before, during and after the procedure is very comforting. You thoroughly explain what to expect and I really like how you do that because there are no surprises.I never once questioned my decision to have you do the surgery. I felt comfortable with you from the very first visit. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you and your staff.Again thank you so much for all you have done for not only me but my family also. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR STAFF.Sincerely,Ruthanne

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Selina Thompson on Jun 16th, 2009

I had pain shooting down my left leg for 4 years before being referred to Dr Hayward. In one visit he looked at my MRI's and told me exactly what my options were and then I chose surgery. Upon waking up from surgery my pain in my left leg was completely GONE! There was no getting better with time, it was gone. Dr Hayward is my miracle worker and he can be yours too.

|  Dolphins  |  show details
by Joseph on Mar 28th, 2009

Dr. Hayward has given me and my family a scond chance at life. It's truely still unbelievable what skills this man posses with his hands and knowledge head injuries. I once again would like to thank you for restoring life back to our family. I thought that it only happens in the movies "Something the Lord Made", but I now believe and respect the most precious gift given LIFE! Thanks again

|  PATIENT  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2008

I have seen Dr. Hayward several times. He is a kind, compassionate man who treated me with great concern and compassion. My back pain has improved tremendously since first seeing him. He performed neck surgery on me over a year ago and I am pain free after this surgery. I would recommend him to anyone that is seeking relief from back or neck pain.