A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Franklin Wetzel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Franklin Wetzel is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Franklin Wetzel, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Wetzel graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Wetzel has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Temple University Children's Medical Center
- Temple University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wetzel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Franklin T. Wetzel practice?
Dr. Franklin Wetzel practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Fort Washington, PA and Chicago, IL.
See Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons.