Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  The Wizard  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2013

He makes patients sign "gag orders" before he'll take you on as a patient. He likes to parade around his attractive teenage patients as examples of how wonderful a surgeon, but if you have complications, your phone calls will go unreturned. He only mentions his successful cases, He doesn't warn you that his surgery can make you worse than you ever were before. His office doesn't give good post op instructions and leaves you to fend for yourself. He comes across as the wonderful wizard of spinal fusions but "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." All that glitters is not gold.

|  Abhorrent staff and policies  |  show details
May 18th, 2013

His staff is the most unprofessional I have ever encountered. Wait times can exceed two hours. Lost files, lost lab results, failure to return urgent phone calls. I find it hard to believe he is unaware of these problems. Make sure you read the privacy policy carefully, it is not like any other doctor's, and ask yourself--why is it necessary to threaten prospective patients with legal action? What is being hidden?

|  Trust and Knowledge  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

I have been sick since 2006 when I was first dx'd with Chiari Malformations and went from Doctor to Doctor with no one believing or understanding what I was telling them. Some said it looked like I had suffered several mini strokes, depression, drug seeker. I am telling you that I probably had seen 8 Neurologists/Neurosurgeons up to this year 2012. I found Dr. Henderson through some friends and made an appointment. I almost backed out because I did not want to waste the money and time going 9 hours away. I went and was pleasantly surprised with the office staff and 100% comfortable with Dr. Henderson himself. He spent right at 3 hours talking to my husband and myself and from that visit I knew he was the one.He operated on me May 3rd 2012 and I am still recuperating and some days are pretty bad, but he gave me hope. He was surprised that I was able to walk with the critically compressed brainstem. He told my husband that I probably would have died the next week. I highly recommend those of you in search for a great surgeon that will take his time, answer all your questions to where you understand fully what is going on with your body and your illnesses. Please folks, if you are in need this Doctor is the one.

|  The Best........  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2012

Dr. H. has that "extra" needed to both treat and cope with rare and serious neurological conditions. I was thoroughly tested, examined, educated and then given choices. He was open to opinions and questions from family and replied with accuracy. He has a dedicated staff that 100% support patients needs and come across as personal friends. His surgical techniques are advanced so minimal scarring is a plus. He is a true gentleman as well as a religious man. His follow up care is as good as his surgery care so you never feel like you have been abandoned. His bed side manners are those of a caring father so my children feel quite safe in his care. I have three sick children with the same conditions I have and Dr. H. has become a family member we can all can trust and count on. Abby L.

Feb 8th, 2012

Dr Henderson may seem "quirky" but he is warm and caring and competent. He's willing to take risks to help patients when other surgeons duck and run. He is experienced and credentialed and within the past few years, the EDS community has been very blessed to have him as a resource and an advocate.

|  Beware!  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

He Is a very dangerous doctor. He lied on my surgical report about what he did, is extremly rude to women,plays head games and makes medical diagnosis to quickly with out paying attention to MRI or your history. Everything is an emergancy and he makes it seem like he is the only person that can help you. He is a quack. BEWARE!

|  Harriette Powell  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

Dr. Henderson removed a Tarlov cyst from my spine. He did an outstanding job on my spined. I would recommed him to anyone and would certainly use his skills again should I need surgery.

|  Great Doctor and Very Caring Human Beingb  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2011

Dr. Henderson successfully accomplished my surgery on a relatively rare brain malformation when another neurosurgeon said it was "too risky". He makes himself available to answer all your questions and put your mind at ease. He was very accommodating to my claustrophia during the surgery...I would highly recommend him.

by Eve Young on Oct 3rd, 2010

I love the way he handles the patients.

|  quirky but competent  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2010

a bit eccentric, but thorough, competent and caring. follows up and listens to your complaints. leaves no stone unturned.

|  Top notch Dr. Top notch caring human being  |  show details
by Elizabeth from Delaware on Mar 16th, 2010

Dr. Henderson has been one of two Dr's that have taken on my sons condition and given him some hope for a normal productive life ahead. God bless him and his healing heart and hands. Delaware!

|  The Doctor is in!  |  show details
by Charlotte T. on Feb 9th, 2010

Dr. Henderson is a true Gentleman. I came to his office on a last chance try for help. I was welcomed with open arms and it has remained that way. He is a professional that believes that not one patient needs to be left alone untreated. I have insurance problems and he has done everything but stand on his head to help me work it out. He most definitely does not need the money he does it out of empathy and a need to discover more about the condition I have. A true hero.

by GREATFUL PATIENT on Jul 8th, 2009

Dr Henderson really cares about his opatients. He took a lot of time to get the full history and then performed a detailed neurological exam. He is very knowledgeable. I felt that I could trust him completely.

|  Dr.Henderson is a top doctor  |  show details