Dr. Fred Balis Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Fred Balis?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2016

Very Poor Office Management.

I. I had an appointment at 3:30. I arrived at the office at 3:31. The front desk person took my insurance information and copayment. I then sat in the waiting area for 45 minutes. Another patient came in at that time (4:15) and they asked if she was Kathleen O’Neil (me) and told her she was late for her 3:30 appointment. The other patient said she was someone else and was on time. I got up and went to the front desk and said that I was Kathleen O’Neil and I had checked in some time ago. The front desk person said she was sorry and that she didn’t know how I was not checked in because she knew she took my insurance information and copayment. The other patient and I waited for another 15 minutes. A nurse came to the door and called the woman with the appointment after mine. At this point, I had been in the waiting area for a full hour. I am an hourly employee and I had to leave work 2 hours early to make this appointment. It cost me money to be there! I went back up to the front desk person and said I had waited long enough and I didn’t understand why they took the person after me but not me. She didn’t do anything. She didn’t tell anyone an mistake had been made. She expected me to wait longer. I said no thank you. She said someone would call me to reschedule but they haven’t so far. I would like someone to talk to Dr. Balis. He is a wonderful Doctor and I don’t think he knows how poorly his office is being run. I think if I call, I will not get anywhere. I am frustrated and angry at being treated this way. To add insult to injury, they put that I was an hour late on the mystlukes website. I was not late. I think the front desk person was covering for her mistake. This is not the way to treat patients. My hair dresser does a better job confirming appointments and making sure I do not wait.

May 28th, 2015

After 20 years of seeing Dr Balis, he has always been a awesome doctor. He called you back personally to find out your symptoms you never talk to a nurse except to schedule a appt. the last few years he hasn't had that touch anymore and that is one of many things I liked best about him. I have been sick in the hospital this past week and called to get his opinion on something to find out he cut me as one of his patients 6 months ago when he sent letters out that he was downsizing his practice which I didn't understand that I was cut or wouldn't of been since I have been going to him since 18. Very disappointing! He is a great doctor, but after this happened I have a very different opinion of him in many ways.

June 7th, 2010

connieK

I have been a very happy patient of Dr. Balis for the past 23 years. I cannot rate him high enough! I had never had a doctor to call me at home at night to check on me, which he has done on several occasions. Very patient and understanding. Have never felt rushed and like just a number. Have recommended him to all my friends and the ones that switched doctors are also highly satisfied.

September 15th, 2009

Very caring and knowledgeable doctor

Dr. Balis, whom I have visited only thrice in three years for checkup was always very warm and caring. He takes time to listen to you and gives professional advice. I had allergy related sinus which I never knew before I visited him and as a result I suffered from mild cold like symptoms throughout my life. Dr. Balis recommended fluticasone (Flonase, nasonex) and gave couple of free samples. They worked like charm and I had a symptom free spring and fall. I still use them.He is also very prompt about giving recommendation. I had a knee problem and needed an orthopedic specialist. When he moved from Maryland clinic it was kind of difficult to travel to west county with the 40 closed (now it's open again!) but he has another office at Forest Park. His secretary never picks up the phone but she will reply to your voice message as soon as she can.

March 6th, 2009

Wish more were like him.

I have been going to this doctor for serveral years. He is thorough and caring. Even a doctor friend said he was one of the best in St. Louis. Please judge for yourself.

March 15th, 2017