Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Not happy but have no choice show details Not happy but have no choice
by No Choice on Jun 8th, 2016

I am now on Medicare and have to see Dr. Bennett because no other doctors in this area are taking new Medicare patients. Dr. Bennett is not a bad doctor - he is just a referral service for other doctors. In all the years I have been seeing him, he has never listened to my heart or lungs, has only taken blood once, and is usually not there anyway. You are limited to only 3 problems you may be having. If it happens to be more than 3, you are told to make an appointment to come back. Everyone in the office is extremely nice and Dr. Bennett and Lisa Paul are very kind and attentive people as well but the level of care is simply substandard.

Dec 18th, 2015

No calls reporting test report results. No examination during visits just talking. Terrible response with Pharmacy for refills.

Not happy with Dr Bennett or Tina Paul show details Not happy with Dr Bennett or Tina Paul
Nov 7th, 2015

If you have any thing that is major wrong don't go to him or Tina Paul you may get wrong diagnosis. it is mainly Tina Paul and they make mistakes on your records and WILL NOT CORRECT THEM. THEY WILL ALSO NOT FILL OUT ANY PAPERWORK THAT YOU MAY NEED TO HAVE FILLED OUT FROM DR BENNETT AND THAN IT GOES BACK TO IS IT FILLED out WRONG

by Doretha Walker on Mar 10th, 2015

Awesome Dr

by Elizabeth Newton on Apr 9th, 2013

Dr Bennett, his staff, and Nurse Practitioner Tina Paul are wonderful. I was on state assisted insurance when I started going to Dr Bennett and when I was able to get my own insurance I continued to go to him. He is professional, attentive, honest, and thorough. Tina is the only nurse practitioner I have ever known who makes me feel comfortable with seeing her. I highly recommend this practice.

Mar 28th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Bennett's office for several years and have found it to be a pleasant experience up until recently. Now, when I go in, the woman (doctor? practitioner?) that sees me is rude and condescending to me every time. I am not sure whether it is because I have a child and am not married, or that I am on state assistance right now, or what, but I always walk out of there feeling like I will never go back again. I was under the impression that doctors were here to help us, not to make us feel as if we are stupid or that we are 'less than'.

Wonderful show details Wonderful
Sep 12th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Bennett since I was a teenager. I am now 40. I left and came right back. In my experience 9 times out of ten if you are accused of doctor shopping you are guilty of it especially if upsets you so bad. I've never had him say anything disrespectful to myself or my husband. He was so kind that when I didn't have insurance I paid the $100 to see him. I told him I couldn't pay to have my prescriptions filled until the next time I got paid. He went up there and got my $100 back and told me to go get my prescriptions!!!!!

Aug 6th, 2012

Judgemental. Discriminates based on what medicine you are taking, will accuse patients of doctor shopping and refuse to care for them.

Dr. Bennett was great show details Dr. Bennett was great
Jun 21st, 2012

He is a very nice man, was able to help me with my issues and I enjoyed talking with him. Very professional.

friendly caring staff show details friendly caring staff
Apr 24th, 2012

Dr. Bennett is a great clinician he will explore everything to give you the best care for your health concerns!

Not Happy show details Not Happy
Mar 5th, 2012

The wait time and ease of appointments is good. However, once you are in you are hearded through like cattle. They put a limit of three things you can discuss with the doctor. In 2 years of going I NEVER recieved fasting blood work. I was sent from one specialist to another for every aliment, being told that was more than he could provide. I felt as if I was brought back time and time again so they could charge my insurance for nothing. I have changed doctors and I will never go there again.

Dec 28th, 2011

When my insurance changed from Humana to BCBS I looked for a doctor that is close to home. Dr. Bennett was a real find. He is always courteous, thorough, and asks questions. Knoxville's best-kept secret, in my opinion.

Dec 10th, 2011

Ive been going to see Dr. Bennett for over 5 years,and him and his staff really do a fantastic job.Everyone knows you by name and they really care about how your doing and what is going on with your health.I plan on keeping him as our family dr.,seeing as my whole family uses him and all have the same feelings as i do.Its a pleasure having a good dr. you choose and not one forced upon you by a network.