Dr. Fred Braastad MD Patient Reviews

November 10th, 2011
Would not recommend this doctor
I had my gallbladder removed by Dr. Braastad's associate, Dr. Patel. 4 days later I ended up in the ER with severe abdominal pain and nausea. Dr. Braastad was the doctor I could follow up with on short notice. My symptoms were yellow skin and eyes, dark urine, pain after eating solid foods, abdominal pain, but Dr. Braastad told me this was normal recovery and that I should just relax and eat smaller portions. Turns out I may still have stones in my bile duct which may require a second surgery. Dr. Braastad did not want to do any tests to make sure there was not something wrong. I would never send someone I cared about to this doctor.

September 13th, 2011
I would never go to another surgeon. the man is absolutely fantastic. His compassion is overwhelming. I have know him for years but had to need of his service until recently. I am alive today because of this mans committment to his profession. He is the best there is.

May 12th, 2009
Great Surgeon
Dr. Braastad is a Wonderful Surgeon & person. Great bedside manner, someone you can talk to and trust his decisions! ( Also, the low/no scars is a plus!!! )

November 22nd, 2008
If you need surgery, you can do A LOT WORSE than Dr. Braastad
I went to Dr. Braastad for hernia surgery about 8 years ago because a surgical nurse told me if she needed surgery, Braastad was the surgeon she'd choose. Braastad did a laparoscopic procedure on me, and I have had NO trouble with hernias since. I have since had a second procedure performed by Dr. Braastad, and all went well. You can't get a better recommendation than from a surgical nurse! I have NO complaints whatsoever about Dr. Braastad, except that he looks very much like Bill Clinton. :+))