Dr. Fred Chu Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Fred Chu?

He's simply the best

Posted on September 26th, 2015

I have extropia. Dr chu performed my corrective surgery. Great bedside manner and knows and cares about his work. Would recommend to everyone for their eye care

Caring and Thorough plus friendly

Posted on September 5th, 2011

Dr. Chu always goes the extra mile for his patients. This may result in a longer wait in the reception area. If i have ever had a problem he has taken the time to explain or make sure i understand before leaving. So, actually, i don't mind the wait. As far as his staff goes, he generally employs university students that are either premed, or medical in nature. Plus, of course there are other professionals in the office to. We have been his patients for lots of years and after being treated shabbily after going for a 2nd opinion at another Dr., we will always count Dr. Chu as a treasure.

2nd opinion needed

Posted on July 4th, 2011

The initial visit was thorough. Follow up scheduled visits had terrible waiting times. After my eyesight worsenedand Dr. Chu advised me that nothing could be done I went for a 2nd opinion, got Eye Surgery and am seeing well and can drive again.His Office staff looks unprofessional and has a non-chalant attitude.

When other doctors failed, Dr. Chu corrected my daughter' s wandering eye & saved her vision

Posted on April 21st, 2011

After endless patches, glasses and voodoo excercises, I took my beautiful 5-year old daughter to Dr. Chu. Within a week her eyes were permanently corrected, ending her headaches and letting her big brown eyes work together. It took one outpatient surgery and he had my little girl totally at ease and my husband and I so happy and relieved.

Cannot recommend

Posted on November 18th, 2010

He doesn't take time to explain. As an educated patient, I wanted to know the reasons behind his diagnosis, the risks and what could go wrong. It was like "I'm the doctor. Take my word and don't question me." He was rude and uncaring. I walked away.

Find a doctor who cares - NOT Dr. Chu!

Posted on September 25th, 2010

Instead of calling me himself, Dr. Chu had a secretary call to deliver the news that my child's test results showed that my child couldn't see well enough to get a driver's license, glasses wouldn't help, and there is no treatment for the eye problem. A second opinion with an excellent pediatric eye doctor was totally different, he saw no signs of the condition Dr. Chu saw, now my child has glasses and can definitely pass his driver's license exam. Dr. Chu was unprofessional, rude, dismissive, nonchalant, and impatient as well as unkempt and late. I recommend that you find an eye doctor who cares. That doctor is NOT Dr. Chu!

Posted on October 28th, 2009

This is the eye doc to go see. Check out his resume - great attitude for kids - wonderful staff. Very well known and respected for his skills. The appointment process is long - so don't plan on getting out of his office quickly. But you will not feel like Dr Chu and his staff did not spend enough time with you, or reviewing your concerns.

Took 2 hours to see me and needs bedside manner 101 course.

Posted on May 1st, 2009

Packed with people and I was on his "assembly line" for 2 hours! Once able to see him his arrogance threw me off and was rushed without ever understanding or being able to get specific info. Don't waste your time...he sure wasted mine. Awful experience and will never be back.

great but you wait

Posted on April 4th, 2009

An outstanding doctor, but pack a lunch when you go in. We have waited literally hours after our appointment time to be seen.

Posted on June 21st, 2016