Dr. Fred Miller Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Fred Miller?

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Fred Miller?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

April 15th, 2017

Avoid at all cost

Rude, unfocused, rambles endlessly and offensively about irrelevant topics. Cannot make a simple medication adjustment without being exposed to his hostility and personal attacks.

June 3rd, 2016

Dr. Miller and his staff are very unprofessional and do not care for the needs of their patients. There is never an appointment available when you are ill, They are very inflexible when medications are needed and will not call in to verify a prescription to your health insurance.Dr Miller's office stated it would take days to get this verification when my pharmacist says it will take 5 minutes...three days and still waiting for my much needed medication to relieve pain. Test results interpretaions are misdiagnosted by not taking into consideration your recent medical conditions. His overall manner is uncordial to his patients. I am looking for a new doctor.

May 29th, 2015

I had Dr Miller as my physician for several yrs. I had switched from another practice that was lacking, and even though I was very young, I had an extensive medical history. He assured me I was in good hands. At first, he seemed friendly and competent, but after a while, he kept misdiagnosing me, and I would literally have to come back on a weekend because I was worse, and see one of the other Drs or see either my cardiologist or neurologist to get a prescription to treat me accordingly. The real kick in the teeth, was that he became more and more rude. His bedside manner was horrible. He made comments more than once about my weight, when I was pregnant, and I didn't even gain an excessive amount. He pointed out my "love handles" at one point, which I barely had any, being I'm thin. That was the last straw.

October 2nd, 2014

Professor

I've been a patient of Dr. Miller for about 5 years but am looking for another physician. Each visit is like my first so I spend a lot of time informing Miller about the tests he had ordered on me in the past. He is unprepared for his patients with respect to reviewing their charts and, in fact, is inept when it comes to knowing his patients' histories and test results. (Why this information is not in the patient's chart, whether digital or analog, is beyond me and seems to be below the standard of care one should minimally expect from their physician.) These are such things as even being aware that he ordered critical CT angiographies or echocardiograms just a few years prior, much less having the results available. He seems far more interested in filling in as many coding boxes as he can, most likely to please the avarice of the bureaucrats at Carolinas Health Care System. He'll strongly encourage you to relay any other "questions or concerns" and then charge you for asking a question but not providing any answer. He'll charge for Saturday visits even when the patient does not request it. No one ever tells you up front that there will be these extra charges. In fairness, this may be the state of medicine today and Miller may be just another hapless victim of the over-coding culture of modern medicine.

August 27th, 2012

Good doctor in a so-so practice

Been seeing Dr Miller for a couple of years. I have found him to be friendly and am very satisfied with his knowledge thoroughness, and the time he takes to communicate and answer questions. However, for whatever reason, the doctors in that practice do not cover well if your doctor is not available. Seems like more of an office sharing arrangement than a common practice, so if your doctor is not available and you must see a different doctor in the prictice, you will probably not have a good experience with any of his colleagues. Also, the practice is hampered by CMC which dictates how the practice is run. For instance, CMC won't let them hire RNs, only LPNs or MAs which puts a greater load on the doctor and slows things down a good bit, which is why the long times in the waiting room. I go there because of Dr Miller. If he were not there I would go somewhere else.

June 14th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Miller for 4 years. Seemed to be a cold fish for the first couple visits and was 'all business'. However, after that I have found Dr. Miller to be very professional and courtious. If it comes down to your life, I would rather have a professional doctor and that is more concerned about diagnosing and treating than a doctor to hold my hand and blow smoke up my butt. I will continue seeing Dr. Miller.

February 21st, 2011

He is very condescending. Not a good bedside manner at all. He has misdiagnosed me several times now, and treats me like I have no reason at all for even coming. I will be finding a new doctor. The other doctors in this office seem very well equipped, however, I wouldn't want to risk having to see him again, so I will be moving to a completely different office. Shame on him.

July 13th, 2010

Mrs. Tammy Bates

Dr. Miller is the most incredible doctor. He is compassionate, honest, hardworking and brilliant. He is thorough and ethical. He goes out of the way for his patients. Everyone should have him as an internist.

February 27th, 2010

poor manners

The doctor needs to retire, he has lost his bedside manners.

January 2nd, 2010

This doctor knows what he is doing but he is not caring at all, you would think he didnt have two beautiful daughters. Patients want someone who will listen, that will care and not act like you dont care. I wouldnt recommend if you want to be ignored.

February 20th, 2009

I think he knows what he is doing but he isnt very friendly off the rip.

June 25th, 2016