Dr. Fred Kern MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Bridgewater, MA

3.6

March 26th, 2017
Just doesn't address a lot of things!
My two children ages 5 and 2 have had croupe on and off this past year of 2016-2017... I understand you can't really treat croupe other then with a cool mist humidifier and fresh air. My oldest was coughing so bad one night he was crying in his sleep they put him on delsym (the hospital) I had to take him into the hospital they told me he has environmental allergies and placed him on a steroid nebulizer. But was brought into Dr kerns office and was told croupe... my boys have had croupe about 20+ times and I am beyond myself that after the 2-3rd time into the office over this or even the 4th time you think they would send him home with a steroid nebulizer....NOPE!!! THEY DONT. Honestly I shouldn't have to askthe doctor for my child to be one on it should just be automatic. Dr Kern better step it up and stop playing old school cause a lot of moms arent old school today!! And its not rite to make a child suffer during the night ad they cough up a lung and cry in pain and lack of sleep!!! I been up with my oldest as we speek tonite since 9pm and its now 2am...this is outrageous. DR KERN IF YOUR READING THIS STEP IT UP OR IM FINDING A NEW DOCTOR!!

February 8th, 2016
Condescending and unprofessional
Dr. Kern use to be a very nice and friendly doctor but unfortunately has become a bit of a narcissist. Not only has he become incredibly rude and condescending but many his staff has followed his poor example. We stayed only because of one of the nurse practitioners but we are leaving. Everything from condescending and unprofessional manner to missed diagnosis and poor record keeping, with an attitude about it to boot. Why anyone would want to take their kids to him is beyond me, but I suspect with wanting to give people a chance as I did him (for years), he gets away with more than he should for longer than he should, like most narcissists do. He wouldn't even take the time to answer questions about a medication he was suggesting and insisted I go online and look it up. There is no point to having a doctor that won't answer questions, especially about a medication. That is just dangerous. It is sad to see his ego get so over inflated, he used to be a great doctor and a nice person.

December 18th, 2013
Left office in tears
Was spoken to and treated with complete disrespect. Brought my boyfriends 3 year old son into see Dr. Kern and he spoke over me at times, talked down to me, and made me very uncomfortable. My boyfriends exwife, and his sons mother, is dealing with substance abuse and mental health problems which makes communication with her impossible. Out of courtesy for the 3 year old I asked to speak with the dr outside the room for his help in maybe giving a letter explaining the child's health because the print up from the visit may not be enough, so without asking any question as to why, he told me to be an adult and discuss it with her. I replied it wasn't that easy and asked the dr to call the child's father (which the father asked the dr to do before the appointment to clear up any issue) he replied that wasn't his job and I need to communicate as an adult. So I feel that if you have a family that may not live up to Dr. Kern's standards than you will probably be treated the same way.

August 3rd, 2010
Dr. Kern is always great with my 3 children. He has an excellent bedside manner and has the ability to keep kids focused on "other" things as he goes through routine checkups.Additionally, there has never been a time when we've left his office without feeling genuinely cared for and loved by him.A+ in our books!