Dr. Fred Naraghi, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Barracaded from pain control show details Barracaded from pain control
by Uncontrolled and unevaluted back pain and sciatica on Mar 18th, 2013

I phoned dr. Narahgi with a very difficult medical problem I haven't been able to correct. I've been blockaded from getting pain control after having failed back sx. I went in to back sx on OxyContin 20 mg 12 per day, dilauded4 mg 18 per day, and 35 mg of Valium per day. I did not come out of back sx a zero pain pt. I had sx 10-11-10 and was cut off all pain meds may 2012. I've had to take donated medication since then for incapacitating, horrifying pain. The mds are sticking together and I haven't broken through . I want to alert the public to this scenario with mds in general, this could happen to you. My advice is to leave the practice immediately any md your having problems with. And to "out" on the net mds who won't control pain. It will become economically harmful for this kind of behavior. Who knows, you may end up like me with failed back sx and an inability to get pain control. I do appreciate dr. Narahgi md returning my call. He went way outside the box to call back a pt who wasnt his. Of course he could not act in any way because of that. Good luck out there, and I hope you take my warning seriously by helping others via the net to share md information re: who controls pain and who doesn't. I think this is the only way to fight this situation. Caveat emptor

by M.F.D. on Feb 3rd, 2013

Dr. Naraghi is a wonderful surgeon. Very knowledgeable, professional, and caring.

Excellent Doctor!!! show details Excellent Doctor!!!
Jul 19th, 2012

I have seen Dr. Naraghi regarding my neck pain 3-4 times. He is very polite and respectful and really takes time to explain the cause and solution. I have seen three other doctors before this and they were all very vague and did not take time to explain the cause and remedy. Dr. Naraghi recommended steroid injections and my neck pain is almost gone. I would recommend Dr. Naraghi to anyone having neck/back issues.

Best in minimally invasive spinal surgery show details Best in minimally invasive spinal surgery
Jul 19th, 2012

Dr. Naraghi is highly competent and the sweetest surgeon with the most compassionate bed side manner I have ever met. I trained in surgery at UCSF and Stanford. I would trust anyone else.

The Best show details The Best
Dec 8th, 2011

I cant tell you how much he has changed my life. He is the most highly skilled ,in his line of work and if thats not enough you will never find a doctor who is as kind, caring and concerned . I was very scared about my surgery but being with Dr N I felt the best I could under these conditions for the reasons I listed above. Dr N with out a doubt is a gift from the man above! Thank you so much Dr N I truely owe you my life. Paul Hansen

Highly skilled show details Highly skilled
Nov 25th, 2011

I am blessed to come upon such a highly skilled doctor like Dr N. He was able to do my cervical disc replacement two level with ease. He is the most kind , caring and skilled doctor I have ever come across. As you already know Dr N you are without a doubt my hero.

Successful Artificial Disk Replacement Surgery show details Successful Artificial Disk Replacement Surgery
Nov 3rd, 2011

Dr Naraghi was exceptionally thorough in providing info on options for my back pain. I'd dealt with low back pain from a herniated disk that eventually developed degenerative disk disease and extreme shooting pain down my legs for 23 years. I had tried everything and was at my wits end. Dr Naraghi urged me to try several procedures and tests to ensure that this type of surgery was the best option--because any surgery is risky. But he made me feel hopeful and like he really did want me to feel better.Almost every member of my family has had some kind of back surgery. In talking with them about my experience with Dr Naraghi, I think I am the luckiest member of my family to have had Dr Naraghi as my surgeon. My father and brother have both had surgery and are both experiencing severe pain again. I believe they should make the 2 hour drive to SF to consider Dr Naraghi for any further treatment. I've also recommended the doctor to many other people now.

by Paul Hansen on Oct 1st, 2010

I have never met a more caring doctor . He is highly skilled well known yet he serves common people like me and is upfront, honest and listens to all your concerns. I am sure he is one of the top in his field in San Francisco.Being this is my first surgery I feel so calm and comfortable knowing he has my interest in mind and the skill level to make this turn out fine.

He made me feel like no other patient mattered at the time show details He made me feel like no other patient mattered at the time
by Ferol-Jeanne on Sep 27th, 2009

I heard about him when my regular back doctor recommented him. The minute he walked in I felt I could ask any question and get an answer. Not rushed (which was very nice) and I trusted him to do my surgery. Sadly surgery is taking a lot more time to get scheduled then I would like. But that has to do with my regular doctors. I look forward to get the surgery done but I'm not looking forward to someone "playing" in my spine. But I feel I'll be in good hands