A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Fred RT Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Fred RT Nelson is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Fred RT Nelson, MD, RT is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Nelson has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Henry Ford Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nelson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Fred RT R. Nelson practice?
Dr. Fred RT Nelson practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Dearborn, MI and Sterling Heights, MI.
See Detroit Orthopedic Surgeons and Detroit Surgeons.