> > Patient Reviews

2150 Manchester Rd
Ste 110
Wheaton, IL 60187
(630) 933-9722
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Seriously one of the best thyroid docs in the world!  |  show details
by T.K. on Mar 21st, 2013

Dr. Schultz is an expert diagnostician and he's excellent with the management of chronic diseases. Finding a good thyroid doctor is like finding a needle in a haystack and he is among the best. Even if I lived on the other side of planet, I'd still fly to see Dr. Schultz for my hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism can be debilitating and having a good doctor in your corner is life changing. It's unfortunate to see the other reviews complaining about his prices, which are quite reasonable. My insurance doesn't provide coverage for out of network doctors, so the bills sting a little, but they are more than worth it for the care I get from Dr. Schultz. I can go to my regular family physician and pay $110 for 10 minutes of lousy service or I can go to Dr. Schultz and pay $70 per 15 minutes with an excellent doctor. That's a no-brainer for me, even if it means I end up paying $280 for a full hour because Dr. Schultz is so thorough.

Aug 19th, 2012

I've been to many doctors in the last 12 yrs with no results it's all in my head ect. Take this pill take that pill now I know why their called practicing physicians dr Shultz hasn't pin pointed it yet but I feel he is on the right track he's very thoughral yes alot of tests blood work ect. But if no doctors have found anything it's because they weren't typically sticking to the norm I trust he will find and fix me pricy yes but tests aren't cheap he can't control that bottom line if out of options I truly believe he's are guy been few months well see give him time

May 2nd, 2011

Fred Schultz should not call himself doctor and should definitely have his license revoked. I went in for a specific problem and he ordered over $3,000 of completely unncessary tests that amazingly came back normal. When I came back to him for the results (which he never will give over the phone because he wants the $280 fee) he then said that he suspected something else more seriously wrong with me (Lymes Disease!) and that I should get this whole big workup done that would cost $40,000 if done at Central DuPage but he'll give me a deal for $800. What's sad, is that the average person just goes there without knowing somebody else who goes there. Well, in my case, a friend went a week after I did and surprisingly he told her the same thing he told me AND recommended the same tests even though our problems were completely different. Please take my advice and DO NOT see this quack. He's out for your money only and good luck finding any professional info on him. He loves bragging about what he's done but evidence is nowhere to be found. Scary guy.

Apr 20th, 2011

I am much worse after getting treatments from this doctor than I was before going to him. I regret going to him.

|  Jury is out  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2011

Takes forever to get appointments and follow ups. Tells you often that he is listening when he is actually talking. Good at heart I think, but too booked up to follow a case closely. Jury is out on effectiveness yet.

|  Thyroid expert  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2009

Took years but I found a doctor who really gets it!

|  THE BEST!  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2008

I've been his patient about 9 years. He is extremely patient-oriented, focused on getting you better with the most natural healing methods - He gets to and corrects the root of the problem, not just the symptoms. EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN - the best I've ever been to in my over 50 years.