Dr. Fred Simon Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Fred Simon?

October 31st, 2016

Positive Experience

Dr. Simon is a conscientious doctor who gave me a new lease on life. I went from 235 lbs to 123 lbs and felt wonderful after Roux en Y. I live up the coast and did not get the chance to do the monthly meetings at JFK and am one of the 20% that have a large stoma which means I do not feel full on a normal portion 5 yrs post op. I have been trying to exercise more and decided to write every bite I put in my mouth. I got the okay for an endoscopic revision but my insurance will not pay for it. I trust that I will surmount the challenge of weight regain.

September 20th, 2010

My experiance w/ Dr. Simon has been very positive. Even thought I had a complication 2 years after my rny he and his staff were there for me each time I had a problem and I believe he did everything to diagnose and finally correct the issue. He is caring however his bedside manner is laking. But my theory is my surgeons need to be the best at what they do primarily (bedside manor is secondary). His staff is fab! His nurse more than makes up for what he might lack in compassion. I do not regret my choice for the rny or my choice of surgeons. The program he has helped to develop is very comprehensive and and I think all bariatric surgeons should have similar programs.

November 18th, 2015