Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Professional and Caring Doctor....and wonderful staff!  |  show details
by Jude S. on Apr 20th, 2014

I learned about Lifestyle Lift from a television ad and I loved the idea but I was very skeptical about the promise of great youth! Upon going to the office of Dr. Suess, I met Tifanney and she was very genuine. I felt that I could start to relax and trust that this Dr's office really new what they were doing and I would have success. Well, the surgery went smoothly and I can't help but feel absolutely terrific afterwards! I was able to call the office and talk with either the doctor or the staff to answer any questions about my recovery and I was assured, each time, that all would be well. I really feel that Dr. Suess and his team are the right group to trust with such a life changing operation. I am 62 and my close friends tell me I look like I am in my 40's! Thanks Dr. Suess and to Tifanney and the staff for your kindness and professionalism!

|  ruined neck with skin like leather now.  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2014

On July 3, 1013 I had an appointment for a lower face lift. I understood that this would take place under minimal sedation, However, I was completely knocked out and unaware of anything at the time, until I got home. There were bandages under my chin which were not removed until my post surgery office visit. To my horror there were two gaping wounds which he never really explained. Since they have now healed, the skin is dead and grey and is two inches across and two inches high. Another plastic surgeon has told me that there is nothing that can be done to correct this. It will be this way for the rest of my life. Quite coincidentally he fired the girl who was his assistant after I complained. He obviously didn't want her testify to anything that had happened during the surgery. I have subsequently met with another lady whose neck he has ruined. Although he has many credentials, it is obvious that he is very careless and hides behind the Lifestyle Lift mantle. I would warn anyone from using this doctor.

|  Don't let him touch your eyes  |  show details
by MG on Aug 22nd, 2013

I saw Dr. Suess at the San Ramon location for Lifestyle Lift. This should have put me on alert that he did not have enough business from his San Francisco private practice that he needed to work through another corporation (Lifestyle Lift) that could get him clients. For $2,200, Dr. Suess robbed me of my youthful eyes that did not have a single wrinkle. There was the most minor spots of puffiness - and not even on every day. It didn't even bother me. What I wanted was the tear trough line removed. Dr. Suess said that lazering below the lower eye lids and performing a procedure on the fat pads would fix this. He even pulled my skin under my eyelids to the side to show me how it would look. It does not look like he showed me it would look. When I smile (my surgery was 4 1/2 months ago), under my eyes now a a deep sea of wrinkles that was not there before due to the hollowness created by the procedure he did (something with the fat pads). My eyes used to define my youth. I am battling deep depression every day as a result of this. When I saw Dr. Suess on August 22, 2013 - he actually tried to disavow that the new deep wrinkles under my eyes when I smiled were any different that before the procedure he performed. This was insult to injury - like I did not know my own eyes. The before pictures were very deceptive because they were not even developed on quality photo paper and there was a weird type of coloring that does not reflect the way you actually looked. The after pictures are taken when you are still so swollen still that you cannot see the real damage of the hollowness when the swelling goes down. On the day of surgery Dr. Suess arrived late and I was already under the influence of sedation when I spoke with him that morning. When Dr. Suess arrived, I told him my concerns that removing the fat pads will leave me looking hollow. On the day of surgery when I said this to Dr. Suess, he never responded by saying he was not removing the fat pads. On August 22, 2013, when I saw Dr. Suess, he asserted that he only cauterized the fat pad - he did not remove them. Whatever he did, it created a hollowness that was not there before and when I now smile, I have deep creases under my eyes that were not there before. I expect in a year or two, I will have deep wrinkles under my eyes from whatever Dr. Suess did. Needless to say, on the day of surgery when I expressed to Dr. Suess my concern that my eyes would be hollow, Dr. Suess said it would not be. I asked why he couldn't just reposition the fat pads - he said it wouldn't make a difference. What he didn't tell me was that this procedure needed to be done under general anesthesia and Lifestyle Lift was only equipped for procedures under local anesthesia. Given the concerns that I was voicing and my compromised position of being sedated, Dr. Suess should have told me that he would not go forward with any procedure related to my under eyes. I relied and trusted him as the expert that it would not leave me looking hollow. Now that all the swelling has gone down, the full extent of the damage can be seen. There is no doubt in my mind that his decision was motivated by the additional $2,200 for the surgery because the amount of money he was receiving for the lower face lift from Lifetyle Lift was less than the current rate do to a pre-existing contract with a lower price. During surgery, someone came into the room where the surgery was being performed (I will not call it an operating room because it does not meet that standard). This person started talking with Dr. Suess like they were having coffee together and just chatting with one another. It was very disturbing to me that while he was operating on my face he could be engaging someone in sustained small talk. I don't even know who this person was. I had to ask him to stop and ask the person to leave. This person never identified themselves. Dr. Suess was taken back that I said something.

|  Go elsewhere  |  show details
by M.G on Jul 29th, 2013

I saw Dr. Suess at the San Ramon location for Lifestyle Lift. This should have put me on alert that he did not have enough business from his San Francisco private practice that he needed to work through another corporation (Lifestyle Lift) that could get him clients. For $2,200, Dr. Suess robbed me of my youthful eyes that did not have a single wrinkle. There was the most minor spots of puffiness - and not even on every day. It didn't even bother me. What I wanted was the tear trough line removed. Dr. Suess said that lazering below the lower eye lids and removing the fat pads would fix this. He even pulled my skin under my eyelids to the side to show me how it would look. It does not look like he should me it would look. When I smile (my surgery was 4 1/2 months ago), under my eyes is a deep sea of wrinkles because the underlying fat pads that provided the support to the skin under the eyes is gone. My eyes used to define my youth. I am battling deep depression every day as a result of this. On the day of surgery Dr. Suess arrived late and I was already under the influence of sedation when I spoke with him that morning. When Dr. Suess arrived, I told him my concerns that removing the fat pads will leave me looking hollow. Dr. Suess said it would not. I asked why he couldn't just reposition the fat pads - he said it wouldn't make a difference. What he didn't tell me was that this procedure needed to be done under general anesthesia and Lifestyle Lift was only equipped for procedures under local anesthesia. Given the concerns that I was voicing and my compromised position of being sedated, Dr. Suess should have told me that he would not go forward with removing the fat pads. I relied and trusted him as the expert that it would not leave me looking hollow. Now that all the swelling has gone down, the full extent of the damage can be seen. There is no doubt in my mind that his decision was motivated by the additional $2,200 for the surgery because the amount of money he was receiving for the lower face lift from Lifetyle Lift was less than the current rate do to a pre-existing contract with a lower price. During surgery, someone came into the room where the surgery was being performed (I will not call it an operating room because it does not meet that standard). This person started talking with Dr. Suess like they were having coffee together and just chatting with one another. It was very disturbing to me that while he was operating on my face he could be engaging someone in small talk. I don't even know who this person was. I had to ask him to stop and ask the person to leave. This person never identified themselves. Dr. Suess was taken back that I said something.

|  Caring, Listens  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2012

Dr. Suess took the time to fully evaluate my needs as a patient. He listened (I am honestly being honest) and does not throw that blank stare or credulous look when you ask a seemingly mundane/stupid question that most doctors do in this field when you have an inquiry about your own body. I highly recommend Dr. Suess as a plastic surgeon. His results are turned out way better for me than expected.

|  broken promises, dismissive attitude  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

I went to Dr Seuss to remove a bump on the side of my nose from a horse fall when I was a kid. Post-op I looked terrific...until the swelling went away. My nose was off to the left about 1/2 inch! I was back in NY and had to fly to SF for a revision, which he promised would be as many as it required until it was right. Again, nothing. This time, on the follow-up visit, he failed to remove the gauze that had been packed in my nose. I kept calling and telling him I felt something was wrong, and he dismissed me until I insisted. Once he saw me, he realized he'd left an enormous piece of gauze in my nose.He has refused to do a revision and my nose is still off to the left by a half inch. I would recommend NOT using this man for rhinoplasty; perhaps he's better with breast augmentation but certainly not rhinoplasty.

|  By far the best doctor I`ve seen  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 4th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I first went to Doctor Suess after interviewing and speaking to seven different, highly recommended doctors in New York, Los Angeles, and S...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  show details
by fashion_princess on Aug 3rd, 2007 on citysearch.com

He is very honest as it comes to what your expectations are and does relatively decent work but please regardless of what the Dr. says get medical clearance from your primary doctor because this surgeon will NOT request nor require one. The number one pri

Read Full Review at citysearch.com