Dr. Fred Suess MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 29th, 2016
Would go back in a heartbeat
I saw Dr. Suess a number of times regarding a lower facelift and laser of the perioral area. I immediately felt comfortable with him;he has a relaxed ...

September 22nd, 2016
Dr. Suess changed my lifestyle
I like the team in the office. I feel like they are my family. I am happy with my results.

September 22nd, 2016
My experience
He was very experienced and helpful.

April 20th, 2014
Professional and Caring Doctor....and wonderful staff!
I learned about Lifestyle Lift from a television ad and I loved the idea but I was very skeptical about the promise of great youth! Upon going to the office of Dr. Suess, I met Tifanney and she was very genuine. I felt that I could start to relax and trust that this Dr's office really new what they were doing and I would have success. Well, the surgery went smoothly and I can't help but feel absolutely terrific afterwards! I was able to call the office and talk with either the doctor or the staff to answer any questions about my recovery and I was assured, each time, that all would be well. I really feel that Dr. Suess and his team are the right group to trust with such a life changing operation. I am 62 and my close friends tell me I look like I am in my 40's! Thanks Dr. Suess and to Tifanney and the staff for your kindness and professionalism!

July 29th, 2013
Go elsewhere
I saw Dr. Suess at the San Ramon location for Lifestyle Lift. This should have put me on alert that he did not have enough business from his San Francisco private practice that he needed to work through another corporation (Lifestyle Lift) that could get him clients. For $2,200, Dr. Suess robbed me of my youthful eyes that did not have a single wrinkle. There was the most minor spots of puffiness - and not even on every day. It didn't even bother me. What I wanted was the tear trough line removed. Dr. Suess said that lazering below the lower eye lids and removing the fat pads would fix this. He even pulled my skin under my eyelids to the side to show me how it would look. It does not look like he should me it would look. When I smile (my surgery was 4 1/2 months ago), under my eyes is a deep sea of wrinkles because the underlying fat pads that provided the support to the skin under the eyes is gone. My eyes used to define my youth. I am battling deep depression every day as a result of this. On the day of surgery Dr. Suess arrived late and I was already under the influence of sedation when I spoke with him that morning. When Dr. Suess arrived, I told him my concerns that removing the fat pads will leave me looking hollow. Dr. Suess said it would not. I asked why he couldn't just reposition the fat pads - he said it wouldn't make a difference. What he didn't tell me was that this procedure needed to be done under general anesthesia and Lifestyle Lift was only equipped for procedures under local anesthesia. Given the concerns that I was voicing and my compromised position of being sedated, Dr. Suess should have told me that he would not go forward with removing the fat pads. I relied and trusted him as the expert that it would not leave me looking hollow. Now that all the swelling has gone down, the full extent of the damage can be seen. There is no doubt in my mind that his decision was motivated by the additional $2,200 for the surgery because the amount of money he was receiving for the lower face lift from Lifetyle Lift was less than the current rate do to a pre-existing contract with a lower price. During surgery, someone came into the room where the surgery was being performed (I will not call it an operating room because it does not meet that standard). This person started talking with Dr. Suess like they were having coffee together and just chatting with one another. It was very disturbing to me that while he was operating on my face he could be engaging someone in small talk. I don't even know who this person was. I had to ask him to stop and ask the person to leave. This person never identified themselves. Dr. Suess was taken back that I said something.

December 3rd, 2012
Caring, Listens
Dr. Suess took the time to fully evaluate my needs as a patient. He listened (I am honestly being honest) and does not throw that blank stare or credulous look when you ask a seemingly mundane/stupid question that most doctors do in this field when you have an inquiry about your own body. I highly recommend Dr. Suess as a plastic surgeon. His results are turned out way better for me than expected.

June 8th, 2012
broken promises, dismissive attitude
I went to Dr Seuss to remove a bump on the side of my nose from a horse fall when I was a kid. Post-op I looked terrific...until the swelling went away. My nose was off to the left about 1/2 inch! I was back in NY and had to fly to SF for a revision, which he promised would be as many as it required until it was right. Again, nothing. This time, on the follow-up visit, he failed to remove the gauze that had been packed in my nose. I kept calling and telling him I felt something was wrong, and he dismissed me until I insisted. Once he saw me, he realized he'd left an enormous piece of gauze in my nose.He has refused to do a revision and my nose is still off to the left by a half inch. I would recommend NOT using this man for rhinoplasty; perhaps he's better with breast augmentation but certainly not rhinoplasty.