Dr. Fred Sweet MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 26th, 2017
Amazing Surgeon
Dr Sweet was absolutely phenomenal. He has the best communication skills and bed side manner. He made me feel comfortable and well cared for. Best of alll, after a year of intense pain, he has gotten me back to 100% pain free. I would recommend Dr Sweet to anyone suffering from back or sciatic nerve pain. He's a life changer!

May 26th, 2017
Very satisfied

March 27th, 2017
Great results
Dr. Sweet recently performed a successful laminectomy on me. In addition to having a reputation for great surgical skills, Dr. Sweet was caring and had a calming demeanor. If I develop another spine problem, I will return to Dr. Sweet in a heartbeat. The long delay time was due to Dr. Sweet's first day back from a week-long vacation. Other appointments had <15 minute wait times.

March 15th, 2017
Very Thankful!
I was recommended to Dr.Sweet for my continued neck pain by several people I knew. Everyone of them said I would not be disappointed and he was very good. It did not take long for me to find out what kind of person he was when I was in severe discomfort I received a call from him while he was at home sick with the flu. He found time to discuss my pain and symptoms and got me right in and diagnosed. His whole staff and assistants were very helpful and knowledgeable. I am just a few weeks out of surgery and on my way to recovery with nothing but positive things to say. Thank you!

March 6th, 2017
Lack of respect for patient
I had a scheduled appointment for 9:00 a.m. At 10:15 a.m. I left the office after waiting an hour and 15 minutes to see Dr. Sweet and I could hear him on the phone talking to someone about his daughter and could she get a discount on her supplies and gave the person he was talking to her phone number. Dr.'s expect respect from their patients and Dr's should show the same respect to their patients.

February 18th, 2017
Excellent care and results
After suffering for over ten years with back pain, I am finally pain free thanks to Dr. Sweet.

January 25th, 2017
Highly recommend Dr Sweet & staff ,very informative, prompt, caring. They made all the necessary per operation appointments for me , made follow up call after I came home & was very prompt with necessary paperwork for insurance & LOA. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH. Thank you

January 25th, 2017
Spinal Fusion- Sean Johnson
Dr. Sweet and his staff couldn't have made it easier on me from start to finish for surgery. I couldn't have asked for better results and highly recommend them to anyone with spine issues. Thanks again Dr. Sweet!!!

January 7th, 2017
I would recommend very highly Dr. Sweet. My surgery went great! I found him to very personable and explained what was wrong, what needed to be done to correct it, dangers in doing surgery and not doing surgery, pre and follow up appointments, seeing me at the hospital before surgery and next day after surgery. His explanations were said as a non medical person would be able to understand which I really liked.

December 4th, 2016
Dr. Sweet and his staff did an excellent job. Put me at ease, answered my questions and followed up thorroughly. I have recommened Dr. Sweet and the Rockford Spine Center to several people who are looking for a spine doctor.

October 17th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
I am so blessed that a friend steered me to Rockford Spine Clinic and Dr. Sweet. This doctor truly cares for his patients. He restored my life to me by eliminating my severe pain and did it all while being a truly caring individual. I have already been telling others that they should see him for their back problems. They will never be sorry they did. It took me a few months to get in, but I am so glad I waited for him.

September 16th, 2016
Patient
Dr. Sweet was an excellent surgeon. His expertise was evident from the beginning. His diagnosis was right on target. Even though the pain was in my lower back and legs, the doctor concentrated his focus on my neck and the MRI showed three disks pressing on my spinal column. He was very honest about the surgery, any risks and the probable outcome to expect. The results of the surgery was excellent! I can stand up straight, walk, go up stairs - all which caused me considerable pain before the surgery. My outlook has increased from thinking nothing would help, to I have my life back, and there is a future to look forward to and things to do that I never thought would be possible to do again.