Dr. Freddie Toffel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 6th, 2016
excellent doctor
I have been dealing with thyroid cancer for a few years, and I previously saw another endocrinologist in town. I had a terrible experience with her, but since switching to Dr. Toffel, I could not be happier. He takes the time to explain everything, he's prompt in getting back to you about questions. He has worked tirelessly with me to get my thyroid issues under control, at times even looking to out-of-state resources for some of my care. He's extremely knowledgeable and up-to-date in advancements in the field. He teaches students, which I really like, because it means he's taking the time to shape new doctors and is staying current with the field. My appointments never take long, which is really nice, I always know I will get in and out of there quickly. His staff is also amazing, very friendly and courteous, they greet me by name every time I come in even though it may be months between visits. I strongly recommend him!

May 30th, 2016
This doctor ACTUALLY RE- OPENED his office because my blood sugar had been high for 3-4 days.as he was ready to leave for vacation!!! NOT ONLY HE EXCELLENT, but dedicated and CARING!!!

February 11th, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Toffel for apx 4 years. He is very caring and very thoutough in his exams. He takes time to explain and is excellent. When I was hospitalized he was there each and every day coordinating with the other doctors. Once I took wrong insulin and he promptly called me back to advise. I give him an excellent in all matters and trust him completely.

March 1st, 2011
He can be rather crass, but it's only because he really wants to help you do everything you can to be healthy. Very straighforward and concise in diagnoses. Offers great solutions to medical issues or shortcomings and is very good about getting back to you if you need to reach him with a medical issue. If you want results, not babying, make Dr. Toffel your endo.

July 15th, 2010
Poor Personallity
I've only seen Toffel twice, but things have already taken a turn for the worst. I called him concerning a prescription that he said was to be fulfilled and he practically chewed me out, thinking I was aiming for another. When he finally listened to me, he checked and found what I was talking about, all of which could have been done from the beginning and saved a lot of hardship. It was so bad I was in TEARS after it was settled. If it couldn't get any worse, he makes you wait at insanely long times, about 20 in the waiting room and another 20 in the exam room, being done with you after a 2 minute talk unconcerned with any problems you may have. His office staff is very kind, but his practice is just plain poopy.