Dr. Fred Van Alstine MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 8 reviews

September 21st, 2015
Great!!
I read the other review about waiting. I guess I always came at a good time. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes. I've been there probably more than 10 times. Also, he has been nothing but nice and seemed to care about me. I would recommend him! He is also affiliated with Memorial and Genesys. Which is nice!

April 2nd, 2015
Dishonest
This doctor is only after your insurance money and nothing else. He had me off work with no income for over two months and he could care less. All he wanted was to do test after test with no reason. When I asked him why I needed all these tests he stood over me and tried to intimidate me, but that did not work on me. Then about a week later I got a registered letter from his office that he would no longer be my doctor because I was combative and argued with him. Good riddens...

February 4th, 2013
If you are looking for a doctor that cares about his patients this is the one. If you want a push over keep looking. Dr. VanAlstine is a caring and courteous doctor that is honest and upfront with you about everything. He doesn't pull any punches. One of the best doctors I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. Staff is wonderful as well.

April 28th, 2012
exceptional
For urgent problems it is a first come first serve basis so wait times can be long.I don't have insurance so most places called would not see me.Not free but reasonable and a whole lot better than ER,

July 9th, 2011
Mrs. Dana Bisson
I went to doctor Van Alstine for many years and he is one of the most caring physicians I have ever had. His bedside manner was top notch! He was very thorough, understanding, and respectful. He was willing to take extra time if need be to hear patient concerns, perhaps that is why some reviewers have had a bit of a wait. I think that a proper diagnosis is worth an occasional extra wait. I always felt he genuinely cared about every member of my family. I sincerely miss Dr. Van Alstine and his staff, as I now live in another state.

June 16th, 2011
Horrible
I was a patient of Dr.Van Alstine's for about 7 months before I finally gave up and changed drs. He was impossible to get into, they would always make you see the after hours doc instead of him. The very last time I went to see him I had a fever of 103.5 and he told me I had a simple cold and go home and sleep it off. He then told me if the fever didnt go down within two days (I had already had it for 3) then he would put me on antibiotics. I was so sick I could barely stand up. Needless to say the next morning I was at the afterhours getting antibiotics and I NEVER went back. Horrible horrible doctor. Would never recommend him to anyone.

August 26th, 2010
Don't question his medical opinion, he will ditch you as a patient.

April 5th, 2010
Waste Of Time!
If you are looking for a doctor who will see you in a reasonable amount of time Dr. Van Alstine is not for you. He exhibited total disregard for appointments and patient time constraints. Save yourself the anguish and go somewhere else.