A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frederic Sherman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frederic Sherman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Alzheimer Disease and Cardiovascular Disease.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Sherman graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Sherman has 6 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
- Lutheran Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sherman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 3 plans
More Accepted Insurance